Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
qp9

Pming Oneself

6 posts in this topic

Forgive me if this has been answered before but most boards including the previous incarnation of PN had the facility of PMing oneself which has the utility of a being a notepad to oneself. It seems this facility no longer exists or maybe I just haven't figured it out yet. Is there any possibility that it could be reintroduced?

In the transfer of messages from the old board none of my messages to myself were carried over.....

Forgive me if this has been answered before but most boards including the previous incarnation of PN had the facility of PMing oneself which has the utility of a being a notepad to oneself. It seems this facility no longer exists or maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

What you say is true, multinicks rule OK, however you can Email yourself with the link provided in your profile.

I was rather hoping Galahad could find a way of reinstating the functionality rather than emailing to an external email address.

I was rather hoping Galahad could find a way of reinstating the functionality rather than emailing to an external email address.

Well I have to be honest here and say that only used the "PMing oneself" facility as the cyber equivalent of sitting on ones hand until it goes numb and then having a wank trying to convince oneself that it is being done by somebody else, however rest assured that I feel your pain.

Just as a matter of interest, under your "My Settings" there is a "Manage Notes" entry, this is no more or less than a scratch pad, however it might be better than nowt.