Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
broadwaydave

Sheer Curiosity

5 posts in this topic

When I look at one of my posts in a topic, it shows my total number of posts to date on the forum. However, if I look at my profile, I see a different number under the heading of 'active posts'. Just out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know the difference ? Does the larger number include posts that have been deleted by the Mods :eek: or simply the oldest of my posts that have dropped off over time ?

When I look at one of my posts in a topic, it shows my total number of posts to date on the forum. However, if I look at my profile, I see a different number under the heading of 'active posts'. Just out of sheer curiosity, does anyone know the difference ? Does the larger number include posts that have been deleted by the Mods :eek: or simply the oldest of my posts that have dropped off over time ?

I'm taking a wild guess but I think active posts means posts which are within topics which are still active ie. within threads that have been replied to or added to recently. If a thread hasn't been added to in a few days I guess it could be deemed as an 'inactive' thread and all posts in that thread go towards your totla post count, not your active post count.

Can anyone confirm this?

I'm taking a wild guess but I think active posts means posts which are within topics which are still active ie. within threads that have been replied to or added to recently. If a thread hasn't been added to in a few days I guess it could be deemed as an 'inactive' thread and all posts in that thread go towards your totla post count, not your active post count.

Can anyone confirm this?

In truth I have no idea so have referred your question to Galahad.

Total posts is a count of everything you ever posted, on both the old forum and this one, even if subsequently deleted.

Active posts are the ones that are still on the board.

At least, that's my understanding from reading the (admittedly spotty) documentation.