Suffolk Punter

Beware Telephone

9 posts in this topic

I have recently noticed that some agencies & WGs are using 070 xxx xxxx Telephone numbers. These may NOT be standard mobile numbers, they are sometimes be "personal" numbers that can cost anything up to £1 or more per min. Also on some of these numbers the person recieving the call can be making money from the call. one pf the companies that sells these numbers is www.ttnc.co.uk/ if you wish to check it out. These are perfectly legal but many people do not realise the cost involved in ringing them.

BA

Edited by Big Arty

I have recently noticed that some agencies & WGs are using 070 xxx xxxx Telephone numbers. These may NOT be standard mobile numbers, they are sometimes be "personal" numbers that can cost anything up to £1 or more per min. Also on some of these numbers the person recieving the call can be making money from the call. one pf the companies that sells these numbers is www.ttnc.co.uk/ if you wish to check it out. These are perfectly legal but many people do not realise the cost involved in ringing them.

BA

Well there's no MAY about it. They're redirected numbers and not mobiles. The advantage being that several people can work on a rota answering phones using their own number - but the person ringing only has to remember one number. As you say the cost can vary greatly.

BA

There's no 'may' about it. 070 is a personal number. However, they cannot be charged at £1/min. Not even near in reality. Have a look here for the costs. http://www.homephonechoices.co.uk/phone-numbers-and-call-costs.html

The most a 'K' rate call can cost according to offcom is 37.5p from a BT landline.

Ok, i may have got the price wrong for a landline, lets face it who is going to ring a personal number on the quiet so the "other half" may see it on the phone bill & may out of curiosity try the number herself?? i suspect then your number would be up!! Far safer to phone from a mobile where the other half may not be suspisious. O2 my mobile company dont even send a bill out anymore!!

BA

thanks for the warning about the number, I've seen a couple advertising with this number

thanks for the warning about the number, I've seen a couple advertising with this number

There are also some sites who will use genuine girls details, adding a personal number linked to the ladies genuine mobile number. Sometimes the WG herself will not know and the 3rd party take the difference - happened to me once and I only found out when a client asked which number he should use for me.

There is one bonus to said numbers - they don't accept texts which some WGs can find useful.

There are also some sites who will use genuine girls details, adding a personal number linked to the ladies genuine mobile number. Sometimes the WG herself will not know and the 3rd party take the difference - happened to me once and I only found out when a client asked which number he should use for me.

There is one bonus to said numbers - they don't accept texts which some WGs can find useful.

That must freak out the WG knowing somebody is stealing her identity. Scary

That must freak out the WG knowing somebody is stealing her identity. Scary

Happens all the time - new directories think they are doing everyone a favour - giving free advertising for her etc., and yes they do sometimes truly believe this.

Happens all the time - new directories think they are doing everyone a favour - giving free advertising for her etc., and yes they do sometimes truly believe this.

Sounds like they're very much deluded!