SashaB

Abuse Of Process - D Day Set

24 posts in this topic

Sorry I havent been around for a while, keeping my head down and staying out of trouble, lol.

For those that are interested we were all in court on Monday and now have our trial dates set. The abuse of process at this stage is the most important, and probably most interesting too, will certainly be an eye opener into the goings on in our case, there are a lot of questions to be answered.

Our abuse of process will be heard on Friday 4th February at Guildford Crown Court.

Its obviously a long way away yet but we will be working hard over the winter to build our case. We will also be preparing our case for any potential trial but I dont want to think past the abuse of process yet as obviously as many realise if thats succesful there wont be any trial. We are all trying to stay posative while preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Anna Morris our barister and Nigel Richardson of Hodge Jones & Allen have been absolute rocks and as much as we all know we have a big fight ahead of us will be taking the fight to them. Im confident that we have the best possible team for the job and along with the English Collective of Prostitutes will be putting up the fight of our lives.

Thank you again to all those who have been so kind with your emails and messages of support, I really cant express in words quite what it means to have such a huge amount of support available to us and am hugely greatful. I will keep everyone posted as d day draws ever closer, as Im sure you understand I cant discuss the details of our case but for anyone who fancies an interesting afternoon out in Guildford with the support of the ECP we hope to show Surrey Police that we wont be going down quietly and that it was about time they developed some common sense and left us all alone.

Sasha x

Formerly Cloud 9

Sorry I havent been around for a while, keeping my head down and staying out of trouble, lol.

For those that are interested we were all in court on Monday and now have our trial dates set. The abuse of process at this stage is the most important, and probably most interesting too, will certainly be an eye opener into the goings on in our case, there are a lot of questions to be answered.

Our abuse of process will be heard on Friday 4th February at Guildford Crown Court.

Its obviously a long way away yet but we will be working hard over the winter to build our case. We will also be preparing our case for any potential trial but I dont want to think past the abuse of process yet as obviously as many realise if thats succesful there wont be any trial. We are all trying to stay posative while preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

Anna Morris our barister and Nigel Richardson of Hodge Jones & Allen have been absolute rocks and as much as we all know we have a big fight ahead of us will be taking the fight to them. Im confident that we have the best possible team for the job and along with the English Collective of Prostitutes will be putting up the fight of our lives.

Thank you again to all those who have been so kind with your emails and messages of support, I really cant express in words quite what it means to have such a huge amount of support available to us and am hugely greatful. I will keep everyone posted as d day draws ever closer, as Im sure you understand I cant discuss the details of our case but for anyone who fancies an interesting afternoon out in Guildford with the support of the ECP we hope to show Surrey Police that we wont be going down quietly and that it was about time they developed some common sense and left us all alone.

Sasha x

Formerly Cloud 9

Best of luck from me Sasha. In fact as you have issued the invite, I might well take the afternoon off and come down and offer moral support. Keep us posted.

Best of luck from me Sasha. In fact as you have issued the invite, I might well take the afternoon off and come down and offer moral support. Keep us posted.

Hi Sasha

I had noticed this story in the Independent when it came out:

Independent Article

It seems a basically supportive account to me. Natch I'm on your side (assuming you aren't a greedy exploiter of vulnerable girls) but I wonder if there is anything else you would care to add for the benefit of those not familiar with the case?

Good luck

Daffon

All the best Sasha, I hope you get justice. xx

Hi Sasha xx

I hope you get closure and the Justice you deserve.

I think Northwinds has the right idea @ coming to give you moral support.

It seems a basically supportive account to me. Natch I'm on your side (assuming you aren't a greedy exploiter of vulnerable girls) but I wonder if there is anything else you would care to add for the benefit of those not familiar with the case?

Sasha first discussed her case on this board (including the article you reference I believe) here.

A little later, she posted her full story here (post #78)

Hi Sasha

I had noticed this story in the Independent when it came out:

Independent Article

Good luck

Daffon

Hi Daffon,

I wish I could but Im afraid the law (as much as I would LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE to scream off the roof tops about my case) prevents me. There are posts on here about the subject. What I can do is include this link http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2057437_police_search_for_burglars_after_armed_raid_drama

which was the "incident" as reported in the local press... much past that I dont think Im allowed (now subject to charge) to say anything other than report dates.

I am however more than happy for anyone to attend either the abuse of process (certainly going to be an eye opener) or ask any of the girls on here who may have worked for me in the past... Im sure they will tell you how Im a three headed evil monster :-p Whatever anyone posative or negative may feel about me I can still sleep easy at night knowing I did the right thing and despite the disgusting outcome I could not have lived with myself if anyone had been hurt and I had ignored what happened.

Will keep you updated x x

Hi Daffon,

I wish I could but Im afraid the law (as much as I would LOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE to scream off the roof tops about my case) prevents me. There are posts on here about the subject. What I can do is include this link http://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/s/2057437_police_search_for_burglars_after_armed_raid_drama

which was the "incident" as reported in the local press... much past that I dont think Im allowed (now subject to charge) to say anything other than report dates.

I am however more than happy for anyone to attend either the abuse of process (certainly going to be an eye opener) or ask any of the girls on here who may have worked for me in the past... Im sure they will tell you how Im a three headed evil monster :-p Whatever anyone posative or negative may feel about me I can still sleep easy at night knowing I did the right thing and despite the disgusting outcome I could not have lived with myself if anyone had been hurt and I had ignored what happened.

Will keep you updated x x

The CPS also are totally silent, I have emailed them a couple of times making the points that this was not justice. At least the Bedfordshire CPS in the case of Claire French had the courtesy to reply.

Best of luck Sasha. Myself and Andrea will come to support you in person.

Me too, I'll be there. Keep ya chin up honey.

Madam Becky x

Wishing you all the luck in the world with it :)

Will try and be there.

Best of luck Sasha; I'm sure you know that everyone on this forum is right behind you. Pity the police don't have anything better to do with their time.

Jack.

Me too, I'll be there. Keep ya chin up honey.

Madam Becky x

Law court car park is going to be full of Cadillacs. Maybe there will be press there :unsure: do you think.

Is that photographer with the NOTW or criminal intelligence B)

Oh what a fun day OUT.

Possible book signing opportunity :D

Good luck Sasha

Thank you everyone. I dont want to get my hopes up as I know an abuse of process is a tough argument at the best of times... I am however confident that we have a legal base for our argument as well as a lot of assosiated documentation.

Our judge on Monday didnt give any inclination of sides, sympathy or preference... what he did however do with all sides concerned was show that he was fair and wouldnt accept any rubbish in his court, if nothing else I was left with some hope that at least one judge at Guildford crown court would take a balanced, considered view of our case rather than automatically accept all the police say.. if nothing else that gave us some cause for hope.

Wil keep my fingers crossed for an after party :-p

I think it is fab that you guys are showing each other support within the industry.

Wishing you success, I saw first hand in NZ before decrim the INDIES being thrown out of their working flats onto the streets, strangely enough the parlours were left alone!

S x

Law court car park is going to be full of Cadillacs. Maybe there will be press there :unsure: do you think.

Oh what a fun day OUT.

Possible book signing opportunity :D

Good luck Sasha

As you know Lou Mr D and I never miss a marketing opportunity and Madam B can don her cat suit and sign some ex madam books. I will tip of the press that a half of the UK vice kings and queens will be there. I can just imagine their disappointment when they see what a boring bunch we all are. I am going to start a thread on it now so that by the time it comes to court everyone will have forgotten about Sasha and it will be all about me, me, me.

Hey Sasha you just know you are going to be OK, a good women running a good business you should be a bloody role model not going through this. Sounds like you have a great team behind you and with the recent Claire Finch case how can they rule otherwise x

good luck sasha,justice will prevail

For those who are unaware, Anna Morris is the barrister who represented Claire Finch when she was found not-guilty earlier this year.

http://www.gardencourtchambers.co.uk/barristers/anna_morris.cfm

"In April 2010 case Anna represented Claire Finch, who was unanimously acquitted by a jury at Luton Crown Court of brothel keeping despite her acceptance that she worked collectively from her own home providing sexual services. The case challenged the criminalisation of prostitutes working collectively for safety and Anna successfully argued that Ms. Finch was entitled to rely on the defence of necessity. Ms. Finch gave evidence that she believed that it would be too dangerous for her to work alone. Disclosure from the Crown demonstrated that there had been numerous serious violent attacks on solitary street sex workers in Bedfordshire in recent years. Her acquittal has prompted calls for a review of brothel keeping legislation."

I only met Anna recently, Nigel Richardson has been a god send and I really cant speak highly enough of him or his firm, they have both been hugely supportive and compasionate about our case going the extra mile at every opportunity.

Seeing Anna Morris in action though is something else, our judge on Monday was everything you would expect a judge to be... very scary and the sort that demands respect in every aspect and certainly doesnt take any rubbish... Anna was amazing and outshone the prosecution making them look almost amateur. Consumate professional and absolutely lovely with it, her brief performance on Monday left us in awe and certain that we were in the safest of hands.

I did mention I have sent a letter to Jeremy Kyle asking him to attend the hearing? :-p Unless successfull an abuse of process is pretty dull for the press, the after party though could make for the UK version of Entertainment Tonight, hehe :-)

Sounds like you will be well supported I’ll turn up if free that day as I only live up the road.

On a practical note for those that may turn out in support, parking (pay and display) is plentiful around the immediate area of the court, Bedford Rd and Mary Rd. Also it’s just a five min walk from Guildford mainline or London Rd train stations.

Also an excellent pub just over the road called The Drummond very nice food and drink all round.

Good luck Sasha keep us updated.

Monty (Guildford tourist board honorary member)

More likely the Surrey Advertiser :D .

I'll be the one at the back with the dodgy wig and the false moustache ;) .

Edited by Northwinds

More likely the Surrey Advertiser :D .

I'll be the one at the back with the dodgy wig and the false moustache ;) .

Sitting in the row of people with dodgy wigs and false moustaches more like. ;)

B

Sitting in the row of people with dodgy wigs and false moustaches more like. ;)

B

That'll be Mrs D and Madame B then :D .

That'll be Mrs D and Madame B then :D .

How very dare you my moustache is not fake !