Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pvcman

Emoticon Problems When Using Chrome Browser

11 posts in this topic

I've noticed I get an error when trying to use emoticons (smilies) in my posts. It looks correct in preview mode but does not display when I post it. I get a message like:

a>

Any ideas why this doesn't work using Chrome? I've not noticed it when I use Firefox...

Moi le meme chose

I've noticed I get an error when trying to use emoticons (smilies) in my posts. It looks correct in preview mode but does not display when I post it. I get a message like:

a>

Any ideas why this doesn't work using Chrome? I've not noticed it when I use Firefox...

With powerful browsers like IE & may be Firefox still floating, I would never venture into Chrome or any other browsers...Same applies for Windows Vs Mac..

With powerful browsers like IE & may be Firefox still floating, I would never venture into Chrome or any other browsers...Same applies for Windows Vs Mac..

Not sure what you are talking about here?!? Are you saying it's risky to use Chrome as a browser?

Google Chrome is a very good and modern browser and won in quite a few group tests/reviews versus other browsers. IE has been playing catch up for years in terms of features and stability, it's long been behind Firefox in many ways and now Chrome too.

The Mac OS has been around for three decades and is a very mature system - just like Windows.

a>

Moi le meme chose

Suddenly started working fine in the last 2-3 days on multiple PCs... ??? Perhaps it's a board issue?

Google Chrome is a very good and modern browser and won in quite a few group tests/reviews versus other browsers. IE has been playing catch up for years in terms of features and stability, it's long been behind Firefox in many ways and now Chrome too.

The Mac OS has been around for three decades and is a very mature system - just like Windows.

Yes it's Off topic..If IE is far behind other browsers & if Mac is as matured as Windows, why are corporates across the world still use Microsoft Windows OS and IE for their workstations !

Yes it's Off topic..If IE is far behind other browsers & if Mac is as matured as Windows, why are corporates across the world still use Microsoft Windows OS and IE for their workstations !

It's a very big job to migrate thousands of workstations and business apps to a new browser. Until not that long ago there weren't that many realistic alternatives to IE.

Total cost of ownership might be an issue, i.e. IE may be cheaper over the long run - I don't know.

However, one of my clients is already looking at being able to run 'virtual browser bubbles' where users can run any browser they want to.

It's a very big job to migrate thousands of workstations and business apps to a new browser. Until not that long ago there weren't that many realistic alternatives to IE.

Total cost of ownership might be an issue, i.e. IE may be cheaper over the long run - I don't know.

Primary reason is the advantage of doing this bulk migration is literally NIL & organisations will defer from introducing change to their system unless there is a profitable outcome, espescially when they are using it for more than a decade..And not the least, Mozilla simply can't compete with organisations like Microsoft in providing technical support which is highly critical for corporate customers...I for one will continue using IE for the same reason, reluctance to change unless the new product has something new to offer..

Edited by ITSMEJACK

Primary reason is the advantage of doing this bulk migration is literally NIL & organisations will defer from introducing change to their system unless there is a profitable outcome, espescially when they are using it for more than a decade..And not the least, Mozilla simply can't compete with organisations like Microsoft in providing technical support which is highly critical for corporate customers...I for one will continue using IE for the same reason, reluctance to change unless the new product has something new to offer..

Mozilla might not be able to but I'm sure Google could. They must already support a lot of corporate customers for things like their search appliances, not to mention their ad programmes etc.

we have firefox and IE5 available at work.

But then we are an internet company

dont ask why we are on such an old version of IE. I have moaned.

we have firefox and IE5 available at work.

But then we are an internet company

dont ask why we are on such an old version of IE. I have moaned.

IE5? Blimey, that's ancient and I thought it was bad where I am with IE6 although we have Firefox too in limited numbers. How come you are using such an old browser when you are an internet company?!? :confused: IE9 will be out soon!

Edited by pvcman