Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NOMIS1968

Get Me To The Punt On Time!

7 posts in this topic

I had planned a night out with a couple of mates near MK & thought why not finish the night with a 'bang' with a visit to see Felicity Fun as I saw that she was working until midnight so I called & booked :).

The evening went well, a couple of beers and we always share a taxi home, first drop off at my mates, then off to mine. Easy to ask the cab driver to divert to the hotel that Felicity was working from once my mate had exited the cab (like a lot on here I would imagine, punting is a secret I keep to myself outside PN). This is where it started to go wrong. My mates misses called & kindly offered to pick us up & drive us both home. Thinking on my feet I suggested we go back to his then I will get a cab from there to save her travelling right across MK. Sorted then. No, not at all. Got picked up and as we sailed past his turn she cheerfully said that she will drop me off first and that it is no bother at all :o.

So, 10 minutes later, after going right past the bloody hotel, I am standing around the corner from my house on the phone firstly to Felicity to say that I might be a little late (she thought it highly amusing btw :lol: ) and then to a local cab firm to come and pick me up asap.

I got there in the end & was only a few minutes late but I really could have done without the added road trip across MK twice :rolleyes:. Had a good laugh about it mind :lol:

What tales of getting to a punt on time do others have?

Stuck in a tailback on the M25 for an hour and a half. :angry:

Forgot my GPS, so while thinking how I was to find the right place, missed the mobile speed camera. 4 days later got the letter :( . Had to pay for a speed awareness course (surely it should be called a speed limit awareness course) rather than get the 3 points.

Got to the right place on time though, so it wasn't all bad.

Forgot my GPS, so while thinking how I was to find the right place, missed the mobile speed camera. 4 days later got the letter :( . Had to pay for a speed awareness course (surely it should be called a speed limit awareness course) rather than get the 3 points.

Got to the right place on time though, so it wasn't all bad.

This scenario is a particular worry of mine - how would I be able to explain to Mrs K how I got a speeding ticket somewhere I wasn't supposed to be, at a time when she believed I was at work? :unsure::huh:

How about you observe the speed limits? :rolleyes:

I had a client tell me his car automatically steered him back home after setting off.

Strange phenomenon.

This scenario is a particular worry of mine - how would I be able to explain to Mrs K how I got a speeding ticket somewhere I wasn't supposed to be, at a time when she believed I was at work? :unsure::huh:

The camera was local, so wasn't too hard to explain. Felt a complete twit for missing the camera though, as I knew there could be a camera there.

How about you observe the speed limits? :rolleyes:

I normally do. First time caught in 20 years of driving and it was my own stupid fault.