Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
akanostromo

Did I Miss Something, Or Is This A New Number?

6 posts in this topic

Indie today

Don't use Parlours or houses that just advertise by phone no. but it does seem clear that a high proportion of the "here today, gone tomorrow" places are Chinese run and staffed

They're quoting a number based on a dodgy estimate where prostitution is concerned, but at least they're also taking into account other types of workers smuggled into the UK to work in slave labour conditions, and they seem to be proposing the right kind methods of dealing with it rather than agenda driven non-solutions that would make matters worse that the anti prostitution brigade are proposing.

The Independent article focuses most of its attention on trafficking for the purposes of prostitution. Although it mentions migrants are trafficked for other purposes figures are not provided to indicate the scale of non sex trafficking.

I should like to know why this is so. Isn't trafficking people for what ever the purpose evil. Shouldn't we be given the total figures for people trafficking in order that we can understand the significance of trafficking for sexual purposes.

Did anyone see that recent prog on sweatshops in Leicester?

Did anyone see that recent prog on sweatshops in Leicester?

yes i saw it,perhaps there is a greater awareness among media about wage slaves