dt1

Taba Egypt

15 posts in this topic

looks a bit of a punting desert...any help feedback gratefully received thanks

looks a bit of a punting desert...any help feedback gratefully received thanks

Try Eilat Israel.

Close enough .

I'd be very surprised if you find any punting action in Taba - it's pretty quiet. Eilat is an option if you can cope with the hassle of crossing the border into Israel.

About 5 years ago, I went a place in Eilat which did happy ending massages - in fact I went several times. It was situated directly opposite the entrance of the Moriah Sheraton hotel. There was also a boat moored next to the Queen of Sheba hotel which had a large sign saying Massage though I didn't check it out. Small ads in the local papers also indicated punting opportunities but you'd need to be able to decypher the Hebrew characters.

I'd be very surprised if you find any punting action in Taba - it's pretty quiet. Eilat is an option if you can cope with the hassle of crossing the border into Israel.

About 5 years ago, I went a place in Eilat which did happy ending massages - in fact I went several times. It was situated directly opposite the entrance of the Moriah Sheraton hotel. There was also a boat moored next to the Queen of Sheba hotel which had a large sign saying Massage though I didn't check it out. Small ads in the local papers also indicated punting opportunities but you'd need to be able to decypher the Hebrew characters.

Just ask any young Barman or taxi Driver .

Loads of pros & semi pros down there for a quick buck or shekel.

It is filled in the winter with new immigrants from the FSU soaking up the new sunshine to them, along with their visiting relatives .

The most liberal place in Israel .

To true. It can be very time consuming to cross the Border from Taba to Eliat on the foot. If you already been previously in Israel before, and got stamps in the passport that you already visited Israel recently, (or at least during the last 2-3 years) your are usually straight through. If not: they well keep you there for hours. Its just not worth it. (unless you like to be strip searched thoroughly and properly by incredibly beautiful Israeli girls in the military uniform on the border ;-))

Last time, when me and my sister decided to walk through the border, they did not had any problems with me (as they checked and established that I've been in Israel twice before), but they did not want to let my sister through (she never visited Israel before) not that they gave any reason for it. After about 4 hours, they eventually let her, but we would not go through that hassle again. We only wanted to pop out on Eliat shops for a few hours to buy some semi decent wine, because we could not get it in Egypt, lol.

Edited by Xenia

To true. It can be very time consuming to cross the Border from Taba to Eliat on the foot. If you already been previously in Israel before, and got stamps in the passport that you already visited Israel recently, (or at least during the last 2-3 years) your are usually straight through. If not: they well keep you there for hours. Its just not worth it. (unless you like to be strip searched thoroughly and properly by incredibly beautiful Israeli girls in the military uniform on the border ;-))

Wow I'm going there ASAP! :P:D:P

The general rule of thumb is that those with surnames such as Cohen, Silverstein or Meyer will have a relatively smooth passage across the border into Israel irrespective of nationality. Things will be a lot tougher for those called Smith, Jones or the suchlike. Anyone with Mohammed, Ahmed or Ali in their names should forget about making a day trip even if they have a passport full of Israeli entry stamps.

An easier option from Taba is to get the catamaran from Taba Heights by Waterworld to Aqaba where I understand there are a few opportunities though nothing on the scale of Eilat. Takes about 30 minutes for the crossing to which one needs to add on another hour for the boarding/border formalities.

Edited by Confuscius

The general rule of thumb is that those with surnames such as Cohen, Silverstein or Meyer will have a relatively smooth passage across the border into Israel irrespective of nationality. Things will be a lot tougher for those called Smith, Jones or the suchlike. Anyone with Mohammed, Ahmed or Ali in their names should forget about making a day trip even if they have a passport full of Israeli entry stamps.

An easier option from Taba is to get the catamaran from Taba Heights by Waterworld to Aqaba where I understand there are a few opportunities though nothing on the scale of Eilat. Takes about 30 minutes for the crossing to which one needs to add on another hour for the boarding/border formalities.

...and Aqaba is in Jordan, isn't it?

...and Aqaba is in Jordan, isn't it?

Yup - since 1925. Linked to Eilat via the Wadi Araba crossing. Far easier to get to from Taba than Israel. The border crossing from Aqaba into Eilat is even tougher than from Taba though.

Edited by Confuscius

Frankly, why don't you just ply a couple of single lasses with drinks and get to shag them? Are you all inclusive? If so.....

From what I know about the area and the Muslim faith, you might be risking your life.

Frankly, why don't you just ply a couple of single lasses with drinks and get to shag them? Are you all inclusive? If so.....

From what I know about the area and the Muslim faith, you might be risking your life.

not sure there will be many available single lasses, if i was brad pitt iwouldn't of asked the question in the 1st place! lol :D

not sure there will be many available single lasses, if i was brad pitt iwouldn't of asked the question in the 1st place! lol :D

Sense of humour, bit of money, interesting hobby (this), you could tell a story or two, more important than looks, surely? Good luck. Which Hotel?

As well as Brits, French, Belgian, Russian, Ukranian and Czech tour operators use Taba hotels and at weekend Israelis come over the border in masses. The proportion of females is slightly higher than males guests - many are in pairs and small groups whereas blokes tend to be half a couple. You'll never know your luck. :)

The number of female topless sunbathers - almost at Mediterranean levels - is far higher than any other Egyptian resort so it is comparatively liberal. Also, Taba has more female waitresses, many in their 20s, than other Egyptian resorts which are predominantly male dominated. The appeal is the pay - they get 1000 Egyptian pounds per month as opposed to 600 in Cairo. Many are Coptic Christians but even so their morals will be on par with their Islamic counterparts so the chances of hooking up with them is virtually zero no matter how charismatic and good looking one is.

Edited by Confuscius

There are a lot of young Russian ladies there, quite a few on the look out for a longer term relationship.....

young russian ladies with mum and dad or boyfriends, NO female waitresses! NONE. all Israelis Men! ;-(