logypot

The Tesco Of Brothels

16 posts in this topic

I have often walked past this place during the day and I never imagined that that was what it was.

www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/marylebone_brothel_closed_by_police_1_730986

17 girls working at 1 time! How come nobody has ever mentioned this place....

Looks like they used the new closure orders on the place.

It is now illegal for anyone to enter the brothel premises for the next six months without police permission.

Though I thought taht should be 3 months.

Bit of contradiction in the report as well.

David Peace, chairman of the Harrowby and District Residents’ Association, said: “It was a bit of a surprise. We had no idea about it in the surrounding streets at all.

“If you go further away there’s more of that kind of thing but that is unusual for here. It’s a very quiet, very safe, secure area.

and

The brothel, which occupied the first, second and third floors of the building, attracted punters throughout the night and wreaked havoc on its neighbours.

Edited by elrond

I find it very strange that a place of that magnitude has apparently never been mentioned on these forums.

Has anyone been there, or is it an Urban Myth, or do completely different types of people visit this establishment from those who frequent these forums?

A mystery which needs solving.

I find it very strange that a place of that magnitude has apparently never been mentioned on these forums.

Has anyone been there, or is it an Urban Myth, or do completely different types of people visit this establishment from those who frequent these forums?

Also strange how one neighbour says it was a nightmare yet another says 'We didn't even know it was there'.

I love the phrase 'crammed full of women'. Really? Reeeeeeeeally??

I have often walked past this place during the day and I never imagined that that was what it was.

www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/marylebone_brothel_closed_by_police_1_730986

...and the punch-line, dear Harriet, is: "Police from Bryanston and Dorset Square Safer Neighbourhoods Team raided the premises in the early morning of November 6 and confirmed they found 17 working girls, none of whom proved to be trafficked or under-age, as well as four clients."

Just so, but she'll ignore it, like anything else that doesn't fit her agenda.

"If you go further away there's more of that kind of thing but that is unusual for here."

Perhaps not as unusual as he thinks. Nothing to do with the place mentioned in the report, but about this time last year I visited a very lovely Oriental girl in that very same Harrowby Street…

"If you go further away there's more of that kind of thing but that is unusual for here."

Perhaps not as unusual as he thinks. Nothing to do with the place mentioned in the report, but about this time last year I visited a very lovely Oriental girl in that very same Harrowby Street…

Yes I visited an Oriental lady there years ago, as It's off Edgware Rd there are lots of cards In the phone boxes.

I hadn't heard about this brothel either, maybe it was a word of mouth place, If they were paying commission to mini-cab drivers, were they over charging tourists? :)

Yes I visited an Oriental lady there years ago, as It's off Edgware Rd there are lots of cards In the phone boxes.

I hadn't heard about this brothel either, maybe it was a word of mouth place, If they were paying commission to mini-cab drivers, were they over charging tourists? :)

There's no mention of the nationality of the girls working there.

Any informed opinions?

Quite - there are a few things that don't quite stack up with this story.

David Peace, chairman of the Harrowby and District Residents’ Association, said: “It was a bit of a surprise. We had no idea about it in the surrounding streets at all.

“If you go further away there’s more of that kind of thing but that is unusual for here. It’s a very quiet, very safe, secure area.”

LOL there must be at least one hooker working in every block of flats/house in that area FFS!!!

Had some great fun in marylebone ;)

but about this time last year I visited a very lovely Oriental girl in that very same Harrowby Street…

'Akuka'? Japanese (?) with a neat round tattoo on one shoulder blade maybe? Her 'picture' is still on the bait & switch agency website. The best girl on the worst agency ever! Unsuccessful attempts to revisit drove me mad!!

'Akuka'? Japanese (?) with a neat round tattoo on one shoulder blade maybe? Her 'picture' is still on the bait & switch agency website. The best girl on the worst agency ever! Unsuccessful attempts to revisit drove me mad!!

My commiserations, how very frustrating.

Japanese, yes, I do believe she genuinely was… But not that name. I don't recall a tattoo, but can't be sure. Not agency, independent, though I understand that several different girls may have traded under the same banner.

Harrowby Street… haunt of the elusive Japanese girl… enchanted valley… Shangri-La…