Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jimmy Bond

Sim Cards - Li'l Help?

3 posts in this topic

How do I go about buying a disposable sim card? I want to do this for privacy reasons, and I'm not sure exactly what kind if card I need to buy.

I want to be able to make and receive calls, and I don't want to have to top it up using my credit card (i.e. I'd like to buy top up credit with cash).

Would buying this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/O2-5051495053359-Pre-Pay-Sim-Card/dp/B001FSK0BA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290175349&sr=8-2

plus O2 top up credit from a local newsagent meet my needs?

I'm not a techno-dunce usually, but when it comes to mobile phones, I am admittedly a bit behind the times. Any help appreciated.

How do I go about buying a disposable sim card? I want to do this for privacy reasons, and I'm not sure exactly what kind if card I need to buy.

I want to be able to make and receive calls, and I don't want to have to top it up using my credit card (i.e. I'd like to buy top up credit with cash).

Would buying this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/O2-5051495053359-Pre-Pay-Sim-Card/dp/B001FSK0BA/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1290175349&sr=8-2

I'm not a techno-dunce usually, but when it comes to mobile phones, I am admittedly a bit behind the times. Any help appreciated.

Yes, that would be fine.

You'd need a phone that was either already on the o2 network, or open to all networks.

just go into any local shop or phone shop ie carphone warehouse, phones for u or even asda /tescos and ask if they sale sim card you can normally buy one for a few quid then just buy the approriate top up voucher for you dont need to register it to use it just put it in your phone and top up using the voucher method

if you go on to most of the network websites ie o2 t mobile and vodaphone they are giving you free sim cards to use, but you dont have to use them though you can give them to friends if you want to i get all my sim cards this way generally you can get up to 4 sim cards at a time

just make sure you phone is unlocked to whatever ever network you want to buy

if you go to virgin or tmobile they are doing basic phones and sims for 20 pounds or so

this is worth it if you have to get a cheap phone a well nokia are generally a safe bet if you arent great with phones as they are simple to use

hope this helps

Would buying this: