Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mega

Sheffield Scene Forum Closes

5 posts in this topic

It was there yesterday but today the site which still contains listings announces that the forum had closed permanently.

There was, afaik, absolutely no indication that the forum was about to close and no reason has been posted for its sudden demise. There are another couple of forums in Sheffield but this one was well-established and the best supported and most informative.

But the forum has been closed to new registration for a while, as I tried to register before, but was just directed to a page stating registration was disabled.

It was there yesterday but today the site which still contains listings announces that the forum had closed permanently.

There was, afaik, absolutely no indication that the forum was about to close and no reason has been posted for its sudden demise. There are another couple of forums in Sheffield but this one was well-established and the best supported and most informative.

Wow, little used internet forum closes. I'll tell wikileaks.

Contrary to the previous poster, Sheffield Scene was a well-used forum - certainly the best of the three that serve the area. Of course it wasn't as well populated as, say, The LBB in Manchester - nevertheless if you wanted to know something about Sheffield you could normally find it on the Forum.

When Songs of Praise visited the city recently Aled Jones was seen here:-

http://www.localdatasearch.com/sheffield/city_centre/gift_shops/sheffield_scene-10180260

My guess is that the board Admin has had a religious conversion, :)

Edited by mega

What a shame, just went on Sheffield Scene and found the forum closed. Was always a good forum.