lex

Iphone As A Punting Phone

19 posts in this topic

Just got an Iphone and really like it except for one thing - you can't delete a number from your recent calls list. It's either delete ALL recent calls or none. I think having no recent calls in your list would be as suspicious as having an unknown number so is there any way of clearing a particular number?

An I-phone as a punting phone - I am impressed! My punting phone cost a fiver from Tesco.

You can delete an individual recent call, but you have to jailbreak your phone first. If you are happy to do that (I did mine a year ago with no problems), this you-tube video shows you how to do it:

Hope this helps.

Just got an Iphone and really like it except for one thing - you can't delete a number from your recent calls list. It's either delete ALL recent calls or none. I think having no recent calls in your list would be as suspicious as having an unknown number so is there any way of clearing a particular number?

Got an old Nokia as a punting phone but do have an iPhone and thus does bug me from time to time. Don't want to jailbreak it & can't see why Apple dont allow it?

Got an old Nokia as a punting phone but do have an iPhone and thus does bug me from time to time. Don't want to jailbreak it & can't see why Apple dont allow it?

It's all about control! how do you think Apple got to be one of the richest companies on the planet!

I have an iPhone as a punting phone and what I do not get is why have a punting phone if you think you need to delete calls from it??

Surely that defeats the whole idea of having a "Punting Phone" dunnit??huh.gif

I have an iPhone too and seriously thinking about getting a punting phone but afraid the other half may find it. For now I just save the numbers under my employees names and just remember to change it back a few weeks later when a random number is less noticeable. Not perfect but has saved my ass a couple of times :s

I have an iPhone too and seriously thinking about getting a punting phone but afraid the other half may find it. For now I just save the numbers under my employees names and just remember to change it back a few weeks later when a random number is less noticeable. Not perfect but has saved my ass a couple of times :s

I hide my punting phone in a hole created by me in the bag I use to go to work and make sure its on silent. works a treat!, that way I am not afraid of punting texts and numbers as they are on a seperate phone!

I have an iPhone as a punting phone and what I do not get is why have a punting phone if you think you need to delete calls from it??

Surely that defeats the whole idea of having a "Punting Phone" dunnit??huh.gif

Agreed. I thought the whole point of a punting phone was to avoid all this cloak and dagger stuff. And what is it with couples that think it’s OK to pick up each other’s mobiles too! I wouldn’t dream of taking a call on a partner’s mobile unless he’d specifically asked me to.

Same sort of things with emails. I had a chat with someone recently who called for details (on a withheld number) saying he couldn’t look at my website in case his wife found it on the PC, and when I suggested I email him the pictures and text off the site he said that wasn’t possible as he shared an email address with her. He didn’t have a safe mobile in case she picked it up either. I wonder how he manages to wank in private ;):rolleyes:

Agreed. I thought the whole point of a punting phone was to avoid all this cloak and dagger stuff. And what is it with couples that think it’s OK to pick up each other’s mobiles too! I wouldn’t dream of taking a call on a partner’s mobile unless he’d specifically asked me to.

Same sort of things with emails. I had a chat with someone recently who called for details (on a withheld number) saying he couldn’t look at my website in case his wife found it on the PC, and when I suggested I email him the pictures and text off the site he said that wasn’t possible as he shared an email address with her. He didn’t have a safe mobile in case she picked it up either. I wonder how he manages to wank in private ;):rolleyes:

Praps she holds that for him too...

Whilst Iphone is brill for being on move, looking for a punt and going on line, the deletion thing is a pain - it allows you to delete individual tx's but not calls.

Good thing with them is that things are constantly updated so if they do implement the idea you should be able to get it on your current iphone.

Still cant knock it for watching blue etc.

There is a way to delete dialled/called numbers from the non-jailbroken Iphone individually, but its very cumbersome, time consuming, and you can't do it instantly without connecting to Itunes. http://www.icopybot.com/blog/delete-single-recent-call-on-iphone-without-jailbreaking.htm (which is losing the purpose point of the whole affair)

Agreed: with others: what is the point for "punting Iphone", (or any phone for that matter)? if you still need to delete info from there? I honestly cant get it.

Shared email address? That really is sad...

Shared email address? That really is sad...

Not necessarily. It can be a very good tactic to minimise suspicion. She can tell that he has nothing to hide because his mailbox is open to her.

Another good reason not to use an iphone is that it displays the content of texts as they are received, rather than just "New message" etc.

Just imagine the scene, you are driving home from a romantic weekend with the Mrs with the iPhone mounted on the dashboard when up pops a message from Dirty Debbie of Dunstable saying "I've got the clap babes you'd better get yourself checked out"

Message preview can be turned off in the Settings menu :)

you dont need a seperate punting phone guys just delete your calls simple!

you dont need a seperate punting phone guys just delete your calls simple!

To quote the OP...

Just got an Iphone and really like it except for one thing - you can't delete a number from your recent calls list.

To quote the OP...

stick with a blackberry bold phone much better than the overated bulky ipohone 4 or 3 lol