Jonnybgood

Recommendations For An Inkjet Printer.

14 posts in this topic

Any recommendations for an inket printer. Ive got a Lexmark P915, its very good but the price of new cartridges is astronomical, the price has doubled in the last 18 months. Please dont recommend cheap non-genuine cartridges as Ive had problems with them in the past. I need a decent printer with reasonably priced cartridges, thats good at general office stuff and makes a decent job with photos. I want to get it before the new year and the increase in vat.

Edited by Jonnybgood

Any recommendations for an inket printer. Ive got a Lexmark P915, its very good but the price of new cartridges is astronomical, the price has doubled in the last 18 months. Please dont recommend cheap non-genuine cartridges as Ive had problems with them in the past. I need a decent printer with reasonably priced cartridges, thats good at general office stuff and makes a decent job with photos. I want to get it before the new year and the increase in vat.

could try any of the Canon Pixma or the Epson Stylus. I find them simple and great to use. I do amatuer photography and they turn out some really good quailty efforts of my prints and can get the paper for this from Staples.

I wouldn't bother with inkjet. They are fiddly, expensive in the long run and the print quality is crap compared to laser.

You can pick up a good colour laser printer for about £250.

If you're after a printer specifically for photos, don't bother. By the time you've bought hte ink, glossy paper etc, you might as well have gone down to Boots and used their photo printing machine.

i got a lexmark x1180 that is on its last legs now , ink goes too fast might go for the kodak next as cartridges are much cheaper!

could try any of the Canon Pixma or the Epson Stylus. I find them simple and great to use. I do amatuer photography and they turn out some really good quailty efforts of my prints and can get the paper for this from Staples.

Printer manufacturers are renowned for selling cheap printers and expensive ink cartridges. Lexmark seems to be one of the worst offenders.

I've got through a lot of printers over the years and whilst Canon Pixma printers get some good reviews, I've found mine to be rather disappointing in terms of performance and reliability although its running costs seem ok.

If you do a good volume of printing then I would indeed look at a colour laser as a possibility.

I've got a Brother MFC 235 which I really like. It's a multi function printer, so it has a scanner, and of course is a fax machine as well. I got it for a really good price at Argos a few years ago.

I'd never buy a Lexmark again. I had one some years ago, and it had a built in redundancy in it. It got to a certain point when it said "This printer has come to the end of it's usable life" (or words to that effect). It was only about 2 years old. I couldn't do anything with it, I couldn't hack it, or anything, I just had to throw it out.

I've got a Brother MFC 235 which I really like. It's a multi function printer, so it has a scanner, and of course is a fax machine as well. I got it for a really good price at Argos a few years ago.

I'd never buy a Lexmark again. I had one some years ago, and it had a built in redundancy in it. It got to a certain point when it said "This printer has come to the end of it's usable life" (or words to that effect). It was only about 2 years old. I couldn't do anything with it, I couldn't hack it, or anything, I just had to throw it out.

hmmm must admit even when i buy new lexmark cartridges i have to shake em up re install as i keep getting the dreaded red tinge still even with new cartridges

Me neither. I wont see past HP now.

Either Aldi or Lidl are doing a 4-in-one Wireless HP printer really cheap this week (from Thursday). Might be worth a look.

Either Aldi or Lidl are doing a 4-in-one Wireless HP printer really cheap this week (from Thursday). Might be worth a look.

Oh yes, a printer by that well known manufacturer of overpriced printer ink, HP. ;)

Don't do it, unless you have deep pockets for replacement ink cartridges.

B

Oh yes, a printer by that well known manufacturer of overpriced printer ink, HP. ;)

Don't do it, unless you have deep pockets for replacement ink cartridges.

B

To be fair the replacement cartridges for my Brother aren't cheap either. At least they do seem to last quite well though.

I've read some very poor reviews of wireless HP printers mentioning having lots of problems trying to maintain a wireless connection...

so what are kodak printers like - before i take the plunge?

I seldom use my inject printer and after a while the ink dries up. Often its cheaper to buy a new printer than the tones.

Just to let you know, I bought a Kodak ESP3250. A bit noisier than my old printer but otherwise Im happy with it, plus the ink is a lot cheaper. Thankyou to everyone for thier advice.