tinkabelle

Are you addicted to the punternet forum?

41 posts in this topic

This not a dig, really this is not a dig but do you find it really hard, not to comment and walk away from the broads? The only reason I signed up to punternet was to prove that I was real and then before you know it you get sucked in (boys I am a girl so getting sucked in is not a good thing!). I am finding it very hard to walk away from punternet even if cynical and bitchy you lot have give me a real knowledge of what not to do. Do you find it hard to log out and forget so are you so involved in the community that you are beyond that? To me as a real outsider is seems that the girls on that post here about tryng to prove they have a soul and they are normal and the boys are here to get the best possible experience for the least amount of money. So are you addicted to punternet or are you just making yourselves feel better or part of something?

Are you addicted to the punternet forum?

Yes................

This not a dig, really this is not a dig but do you find it really hard, not to comment and walk away from the broads?

Is that a Freudian slip? Addicted to boards, should it be, rather than broads? Or both?

Yes, on reflection, probably both

LoL.

"To me as a real outsider is seems that the girls on that post here about tryng to prove they have a soul and they are normal".

Would I post what I do to appear normal?

God help me....the reverse in fact. It's a natty little confessional, and regardless of having good friends who know what I get up to, the informed debates with fellow punting pond dwellers plus lovely opportunities for perving over ladies' websites - unbeatable. So, between this and the Daily Mail online, this wins.

Yes................

I did read somewhere that it could be cured by consuming large amounts of popcorn :)

Addicted No.... I enjoy posting on here in my spare time.... I sometimes log on because it is easier to read my PMs on here than from email address.. look to see if I have any added FRs and then if I have the time, look on the MB to see if their is anything of interest to me...

I like putting my own views across, because by writting them down I can then clear my head of how I feel on a certain subject... I like to take on board other peoples views too.. I also like being part of something with like minded people...

Sometimes however it is hard to walk away... because someone will add something to what ever subject I have been engrossed in... like right now I am supposed to be getting ready to go out.. but your thread caught my eye, so now I will probably be late... but hey ho it is the weekend and I can forget time schedules...

Tinkabelle, your posts are interesting as the rest of us... so why do you class yourself as an outsider? from the way I see it, you have posted, you have also posted your own thread, so you are just as much as an insider as the rest of us whom post on PN... :)

Addicted No.... I enjoy posting on here in my spare time.... I sometimes log on because it is easier to read my PMs on here than from email address.. look to see if I have any added FRs and then if I have the time, look on the MB to see if their is anything of interest to me...

I like putting my own views across, because by writting them down I can then clear my head of how I feel on a certain subject... I like to take on board other peoples views too.. I also like being part of something with like minded people...

Sometimes however it is hard to walk away... because someone will add something to what ever subject I have been engrossed in... like right now I am supposed to be getting ready to go out.. but your thread caught my eye, so now I will probably be late... but hey ho it is the weekend and I can forget time schedules...

Tinkabelle, your posts are interesting as the rest of us... so why do you class yourself as an outsider? from the way I see it, you have posted, you have also posted your own thread, so you are just as much as an insider as the rest of us whom post on PN... :)

Haha somehow I think she is not going to like this *grins

S x

This not a dig, really this is not a dig but do you find it really hard, not to comment and walk away from the broads? The only reason I signed up to punternet was to prove that I was real and then before you know it you get sucked in (boys I am a girl so getting sucked in is not a good thing!). I am finding it very hard to walk away from punternet even if cynical and bitchy you lot have give me a real knowledge of what not to do. Do you find it hard to log out and forget so are you so involved in the community that you are beyond that? To me as a real outsider is seems that the girls on that post here about tryng to prove they have a soul and they are normal and the boys are here to get the best possible experience for the least amount of money. So are you addicted to punternet or are you just making yourselves feel better or part of something?

I wouldnt say addicted. But its the only place where I can relax and talk about punting without anyone knowing what or who I am.

I am paranoid and petrified that someone might find out this past time that I have. I even feel abit guilty about doing it.

It was 5 years from my first punt before even joining this board and before then I was ALOT more paranoid, nervous and guilty about doing it because you could swear I was the only person doing it because you never hear from other punters. Or at least not where the media and government portrays us to be.

Its good to know that Im not alone in doing this sort of thing and its good to talk freely about it and know its not all what the media or government wants you to think its like.

So are you addicted to punternet

No, I am not addicted to Punternet but I am addicted to the Internet, it is the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night --- I rarely watch TV apart from CNN and Sky News.

Haha somehow I think she is not going to like this *grins

S x

I mean it in the same way as Tinkabelle has started her thread... no malice.. just interest..

S... you little minx x

Having to spend most of my time connected to my laptop, no colleagues,

I enjoy discoursing in lieu of the usual office banter, which was never much fun anyway.

Plus, it's an excellent way of keeping patient whilst waiting for the nails to dry.

No, I am not addicted to Punternet but I am addicted to the Internet, it is the first thing I do in the morning and the last thing I do at night --- I rarely watch TV apart from CNN and Sky News.

Don't have a telly, ditto. I can watch all I want on the web...finally got the TV licensing people off my back. "Television is the plague - visit me! Visit me if you want! I refuse to subsidize this trash, vile, vile trash! Stop sending those letters, the trees, the trees you are killing....".

Anyone who's had the same problem - do it, it works!

Don't have a telly, ditto. I can watch all I want on the web...finally got the TV licensing people off my back. "Television is the plague - visit me! Visit me if you want! I refuse to subsidize this trash, vile, vile trash! Stop sending those letters, the trees, the trees you are killing....".

Anyone who really does not own a TV receiver has nothing to fear from the licensing authorities, simply tell them to piss off, they have no right to enter your home without a warrant.

They are simply bullies who prey on the weak. :):mad:

I like it most of the time, so post on it, and i have received valuable information from it making some friends who i have met in the real world along the way.

It can also be used to warn and inform ladies of dangerous punters, if this helps one lady avoid one such guy then in my book its a very good thing.:)

I love my TV May and my Sky+ box, its great. I have found though that a high percentage of ladies i have met in this industry rarely watch TV.:)

Anyone who really does not own a TV receiver has nothing to fear from the licensing authorities, simply tell them to piss off, they have no right to enter your home without a warrant.

I do not own a TV receiver and I used to get fairly frequent requests to confirm same, I would assiduously fill them in and post them off, then on a whim one day I wrote to them and told them that the next letter from them asking me to confirm the I do not own a TV receiver would be put into the hands of a solicitor (together with copies of all previous correspondence relating to asking for confirmation) and I would proceed with a case for harassment; that was just over 8 years ago and I am still waiting for any form of correspondence.

A few years back they kept sending me License renewal forms and threatening letters to one of my business premises. Each time I told them there weren't any TV's on the premises. Finally I lost it, and in bright red felt tip pen wrote on one of their letters something like FUCK OFF, I DONT HAVE A FUCKING TV! A few weeks later I received an apology along with a warning that it was illegal to send offensive material via the Royal Mail.

. So are you addicted to punternet or are you just making yourselves feel better or part of something?

I just like it here. Most of the time.

Absolutely not; tis the weekend :)

They are simply bullies who prey on the weak. :mad::mad:

I don't know about the UK, but some countries that have similar licensing are considering extending the licence to also include PCs... because of all the TV content you can view online these days. :D

Bastirds.

I don't think I'm addicted but I like to get on this everyday. (Have a slightly addictive personality.)

Never bothered with any forum before so why this one. It's a fantastic resource for my exciting new hobby of punting. But also punting is a lonely activity necessarily so it's a way of being able to talk about it anonymously to like-minded souls.

Don't think I'm addicted... but how do you know unless you don't log onto site for a few days?? (Its probably a week or three since I skipped a few days.)

They are simply bullies who prey on the weak. :D:mad:

Ok I dug out my TV licence and it says: To use any TV equipment such as a TV set, digital box, video or DVD recorder, computer or mobile phone to watch or record TV programmes as they are being shown on TV. So I guess if you watch telly on your puter you need a licence. But if you watch programmes already been aired such as on the iplayer then I think you don't need one?

S x

From a personal point of I would compare our situation to that of a celebrity opening the tabloids everyday.

Some days you read things that lift your spirits, other days you just think "Oh no". As we're a SP too we have to always tread with caution so as not to upset anyone.

Ok I dug out my TV licence and it says: To use any TV equipment such as a TV set, digital box, video or DVD recorder, computer or mobile phone to watch or record TV programmes as they are being shown on TV. So I guess if you watch telly on your puter you need a licence. But if you watch programmes already been aired such as on the iplayer then I think you don't need one?

S x

You currently do not need a TV licence to watch a programme 'on demand' (i.e. after it has been broadcast) using iPlayer, but would do if the programme was watched 'live':

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/bbcinternet/2008/01/iplayer_does_not_require_a_tv_1.html

B