Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rowntree

Craigslist - Erotic Services Dropped

44 posts in this topic

Just noticed that the erotic services section of Craigslist seems to have disappeared.

Its a pity as it was useful in finding new opportunities.

Just noticed that the erotic services section of Craigslist seems to have disappeared.

What?

Bastards!

Oh, it's okay - I just nipped in and a search on 'tantric' under Services in the London site still produces several pages of results. Phew! :)

Edited by Tonyofstoney

You are right, but all the ads that are found are in the Therapeutic Services category. The old Erotic category seems to have vanished

hi,

CL erotic just dissapeared with no explanation from them :blink: :blink:

As experienced punters which websites can I use for advertising my services? (I'm a bit clueless and new-to-london erotic masseuse, no FS though). All help from you guys will be highly apreciated

thank you!

California

hi,

As experienced punters which websites can I use for advertising my services? (I'm a bit clueless and new-to-london erotic masseuse, no FS though). All help from you guys will be highly apreciated

thank you!

California

Well,there's the obvious ones of course, Punternet, The Other Site, but the small ads sites I tend to trawl for London are Craigslist (as above, you can still list sensual massage under Therapeutic Services, and plenty of us look there), Vivastreet, Hallolondon, ukclassifieds, and Gumtree as long as yoiu're good at writing between the lines.

"....as long as yoiu're good at writing between the lines. ..."
:lol: :lol: :lol:

It looks like they removed the erotic section in ALL countries in europe, not only the UK. Even the ones were prostitution is perfectly LEGAL (like France and Holland!) WOA! this is pretty big.

I wonder if CL got fed up of taking too much heat from the media and law enforcement in the US and they were like: "OK, f#@$ck this. Let's just get rid of this section all together.Period"

Why didn't they just reviewed the ads and established some sort of censorship like everybody else? Were they afraid of human trafficking and stuff? I understand that But then that makes no sense because I've heard many Law enforcement people that CL makes their job easier because they say it's like " Fishing fish on a barrel".

Overall I think that women are safer behind the screen than on the street but that's just me.

This is crazy. Specially because half of my clientele came from CL and they were really nice clients. It really sucks :angry: :angry: :mad: :mad:

They shut it down on the US parent site quite some time ago. http://www.slate.com/id/2219167/ Ever since that, the writing was on the wall for their other websites. I don't like the way that they just quietly remove it though with no real explanation or anything like that. if its for the same reasons as in the US, it seems to be far more of a politically motivated thing than anything else. as with the war on drugs though, pushing these things underground doesn't actually get rid of them in the slightest - if anything it just leads to more problems.

Similarly, its amazing that the general adult personals on Craigslist are fine, but this is not. If you read through some of then in the Casual Encounters section, I'd have thought that a specific Erotic Services section would be preferable to this.

Someone's already moved to fill the gap. In personals WfM the is an advery for megaadverts.com. Several of the CL regulars are already advertising there.

I suspect more of the theraputic ads will be less theraputic also.

How good of a website is megaadverts.com? Does anybody here ever use it? I've never heard about it. Just curious.

"..Craigslist's erotic-services section was simply the latest and most visible underground marketplace, a sexual public square so easily accessible to consumers, providers, and window-shoppers that it made prostitution seem less risky. For sex workers, it actually was safer than working on the streets or advertising in a newspaper. Craigslist enabled sex workers to screen potential customers and to work for themselves rather than rely on a pimp or agency. With the erotic-services section, work conditions also improved for the vice squad, whose job was made all the easier by having a dedicated and high-traffic venue to police.

The most significant difference between Craigslist and a brothel is that the former voluntarily opens its "black book" of clients to police. The records Craigslist maintains on its users played a critical role in apprehending the so-called Craigslist Killer. The Boston Police Department reported that "Craigslist was cooperative in identifying and locating" accused murderer Philip Markoff; Craigslist spokeswoman Susan Best notes that "a digital trail left by those breaking the law" allows Craigslist to support criminal investigations in a way, say, a newspaper cannot. In the case of Markoff, what could have become a series of murders was put to a quick halt once his inbox was examined. Boston cops said they relied on these "high-tech" solutions as much as "shoe-leather" investigation. The lesson here for those in law enforcement—and a lesson that Richard Blumenthal fails to understand—is that Craigslist is an ally, not a perp.

The reason that Craigslist's erotic-services section no longer exists is that the site made sex work safer without intending to, and without any input from the cops. Craigslist's power in the field of online prostitution appears to be far more threatening to Blumenthal, et al., than any modern-day Jack the Ripper who targets those who advertise there. If public safety is his goal—and not a run at the governor's office—then Blumenthal ought to reconsider who his enemies and allies are in his fight to keep the sex trade in check..."

Taken from theslate.com

Sooo true!!!!

All the ads up until Saturday are still there

e.g. p-n will probably obliterate these

~http://london.craigslist.co.uk/ers/2118519248.html

~http://london.craigslist.co.uk/ers/2118509147.html

There's already alternatives set up.

Well done! I wonder if their earlier stuff (pre-17 Dec) is archived somewhere on the internet and can still be accessed. Should be valid for the next month if anyone knows how to do it. I noticed that CraigsList Thailand has been knocked out, as well - not really a problem since WGs are omnipresent there and easily available but it used to be fun to peruse their ads. Edited by Tiggy 7

Someone's already moved to fill the gap. In personals WfM the is an advery for megaadverts.com. Several of the CL regulars are already advertising there.

I suspect more of the theraputic ads will be less theraputic also.

Casual Encounters are also likely to grow in number too I suspect. What amazes me is that they have banned ads for an activity that is broadly legal, yet still carry ads for cottaging / cubicle meetings etc which aren't?

hi,

thank you!

California

Totally feeling your pain - we had lovely clients from there :-(

"..Craigslist's erotic-services section was simply the latest and most visible underground marketplace, a sexual public square so easily accessible to consumers, providers, and window-shoppers that it made prostitution seem less risky. For sex workers, it actually was safer than working on the streets or advertising in a newspaper. Craigslist enabled sex workers to screen potential customers and to work for themselves rather than rely on a pimp or agency. With the erotic-services section, work conditions also improved for the vice squad, whose job was made all the easier by having a dedicated and high-traffic venue to police.

The most significant difference between Craigslist and a brothel is that the former voluntarily opens its "black book" of clients to police. The records Craigslist maintains on its users played a critical role in apprehending the so-called Craigslist Killer. The Boston Police Department reported that "Craigslist was cooperative in identifying and locating" accused murderer Philip Markoff; Craigslist spokeswoman Susan Best notes that "a digital trail left by those breaking the law" allows Craigslist to support criminal investigations in a way, say, a newspaper cannot. In the case of Markoff, what could have become a series of murders was put to a quick halt once his inbox was examined. Boston cops said they relied on these "high-tech" solutions as much as "shoe-leather" investigation. The lesson here for those in law enforcement—and a lesson that Richard Blumenthal fails to understand—is that Craigslist is an ally, not a perp.

The reason that Craigslist's erotic-services section no longer exists is that the site made sex work safer without intending to, and without any input from the cops. Craigslist's power in the field of online prostitution appears to be far more threatening to Blumenthal, et al., than any modern-day Jack the Ripper who targets those who advertise there. If public safety is his goal—and not a run at the governor's office—then Blumenthal ought to reconsider who his enemies and allies are in his fight to keep the sex trade in check..."

Taken from theslate.com

Sooo true!!!!

Well said ;-)

& the alternatives are? - pls help.... many thanks. xx

& the alternatives are? - pls help.... many thanks. xx

We don't generally talk about rival places here.

but

~http://www.megaadverts.com/adult-personals-18-b326.html

m e g a a d v e r t s

So - having closed erotic services, everyone is now advertising in Therapuetic services.

There were 250+ ads today....and it will be rising.

No prizes for guessing the next move...

How good of a website is megaadverts.com? Does anybody here ever use it? I've never heard about it. Just curious.

Very good run by my wholly owned subsidiary operating from a warehouse in Moldova.

Moldavia or India I don't care but I posted in megaadverts for a week daily and didn't-get-one-single call. WTF.

UK classifieds, Gumtree, hellolondon I did get calls.

Now.....Craigslist...erotic...was..THE shit..... (my phones would ring of the hook!)

Rest in peace buddy.

:(

So - having closed erotic services, everyone is now advertising in Therapuetic services.

There were 250+ ads today....and it will be rising.

No prizes for guessing the next move...

What's going to happen with that section is what happened in the US when they removed erotic section 6 months ago: Therapeutic is not going to be removed -per se- but they'll start charging for the ad (just to make sure that they get all the posters personal and bank info) . This will reduce the amount of ads enormously. Also they will have people review them before publishing them. At least that's what they're doing now in the US and I'm afraid (I may be wrong) that the same policy will be applied to the UK soon. At the end you're left with a whole bunch of extremely dull ads of asian places that look the same.