JKay

I Need A Faster Browser

9 posts in this topic

I'm on Orange so using its Browser but its not performing well, Orange seem to have fixed my BB speed issue but surfing is still not as fast as it was, I still want Orange as my default setting, could I run a new Browser from a 1gig USB stick thingy? if so any make, what fast?

I'm on Orange so using its Browser but its not performing well, Orange seem to have fixed my BB speed issue but surfing is still not as fast as it was, I still want Orange as my default setting, could I run a new Browser from a 1gig USB stick thingy? if so any make, what fast?

Like what Mr Jones says, "What Operating System does your machine use?"

I'd suggest that you don't cramp your style with a 1Gig USB thinggy - 8 or even 16Gigs are cheap.

You (assuming, that like the majority, you use one or other flavour of Windoze) could do a great deal worse than to entrust your "hobby" activities to a PortableApplications USB drive - first install the Portable Apps Platform and then you'll have the choice of portable versions of FireFox, Opera and Google's Chrome to chose from.

Go www.portableapps.com

If, of course, you are a Mac freak, God help you, because I can't and if you are a Linus geek, then you'll know a great deal more about it all than I do!

why not istall chrome, hide the icon away somewhere away from prying eyes, and use incognito mode?

Also.

1) Recognise/Accept that USB 3G dongles are slower that ADSL broadband.

2) Clear your Browser cache, if it is full it can perversely slow things down on broadband.

3) Make sure you don't have lots of tools bars and plugins installed on your Browser, these will slow it down.

4) (Assuming Windows) Download and run a clean up program such as Advanced System Care.

Also.

Ain't that the truth! Whilst I sometimes get a nice zippy 7.2Mb connection I'm often stuck with 48kBps

B

Also.

2) Clear your Browser cache, if it is full it can perversely slow things down on broadband.

3) Make sure you don't have lots of tools bars and plugins installed on your Browser, these will slow it down.

4) (Assuming Windows) Download and run a clean up program such as Advanced System Care.

Ain't that the truth! Whilst I sometimes get a nice zippy 7.2Mb connection I'm often stuck with 48kBps

B

48kbps? That's slower than carrier pigeon!

48kbps? That's slower than carrier pigeon!

Tell me about it!

B