Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phil38

A 64 Year Old Accountant, Used His Home As A Brothel

7 posts in this topic

"The brothel at Leslie Baleham's home in Radford was so popular that police saw more than 400 men go inside during a three-month stakeout."

I think this shows how pathetic and wasteful of our money the police are in this country. Oh well, they all got their overtime and it was probably deemed a successful operation if he goes down. So their statistics look good.

I for one would prefer the lazy bastards to target violent criminals in our society, rather than sit on their arses in theie cars counting people going in and out of a house.

Your thoughts and views

1. Three months is a hell of a long time for a stakeout. Surely the police in Nottingham have better things to do with their limited resources ?

2. He was unlucky to get an immediate custodial sentence. These brothel-keepers got a suspended sentence for braving the snow and turning up to court:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2010/12/18/brothel-pair-avoid-jail-for-braving-the-snow-91466-27848006/#ixzz18SoJZ1Zr

3. "There's no fool like an old fool". A 64 year old accountant should have known better.

There is a comment underneath which I can certainly agree with:

1 year in prison ?

WTF ! ?

Only last week in the media there was a story about an illegal immigrant without a drivers licence and insurance, who knocked down and killed a young girl, he got 4 months in prison, yet this guy gets 1 year ?

So Ping Ping became a bit of a bang bang (up that is).

I do, though, agree with the comment with which Pia agreed. It all goes to show that there is something of a postcode lottery as to prosecution and that the real issue - the only real issues as to offences in which Plod should take an interest, in my view, are: whether women are working other than by their own free will, or are causing a 'nuisance' to the public.

Uncle Pokey

(A very careful 63 y/o retired accountant - but not from punting!)

Edited by Uncle Pokey

I for one would prefer the lazy bastards to target violent criminals in our society, rather than sit on their arses in theie cars counting people going in and out of a house.

Well, so would I, but few if any of the violent criminals in our society are worth a POCA hit. Simples!

Clearly Judges like to set a high moral tone when handing down sentences, hence there being perfect logic in giving an illegal immigrant 4 mnths for death on the roads, whilst disqualified and uninsured and disgraceful ol' men allowing their premises for consensual sex should be banged up.

I can scarcely think of anything more likely to lead the criminal justice system into disrepute than letting people on bail off because they bothered to turn up.