Biggus Dickus

"Once round the block is once too many"

44 posts in this topic

......... according to Jacquie Smith at the "New" Labour conference today, announcing that the law on persistent kerb crawling is to be applied to 'one off' examples. God help you if you are a lone male, get lost and are stupid enough to slow down to see where you are.

What with that and Telford council's policy of stopping and questioning any single adults who dare to enter their parks just in case they are paedophiles...

We seem to be approaching a time when any single male out in a public place is assumed to be a slavering sex fiend unless he can prove otherwise...........

The relevant bit of her speech (A bit light on details, but no surprise there)........

We will do more to tackle the blight of street prostitution. At the moment, only persistent kerb-crawling is outlawed.

In my book, once around the block is once too many - and so we'll make kerb-crawling punishable as a first offence.

We will give councils and the police new powers to close down brothels and clamp down on exploitation.

We'll give communities a stronger say in stopping lap-dancing clubs opening in their areas.

And I want to know what the Tories have to say for themselves, after sending all their conference delegates a £10 off voucher to one of these clubs.

I'm a proud West Midlands MP - and believe me, Birmingham has a lot more to offer than that.

We're on track to ratify the human trafficking convention by the end of the year, but I'm interested in more than just the words on a page.

And so, next month, we will start work to outlaw paying for sex with someone forced into prostitution at another's will, or controlled for another's gain.

I made a comment in a earleir post about kerb crawiling, I wonder how they will apply this law to those who legitemately live or work in red light areas, will these people be harassed by mail, or police calling at their doors. unfortunately with the current rash of ANPR cameras its dead easy for the vehicles to be identified.

These people dont seem to understanding that normal consenting adults may wish to pay for consensual sex between each other and are not trafficked or coerced

Yet another reason to blast this hopeless Government off the face of the Earth.

Uncle Pokey

"And so, next month, we will start work to outlaw paying for sex with someone forced into prostitution at another's will, or controlled for another's gain"

...are we meant to ask these questions at the start of an appointment? And are we allowed to believe the answers?

What with that and Telford council's policy of stopping and questioning any single adults who dare to enter their parks just in case they are paedophiles...

I don't visit parks but can you imagine what I would say to a council official with a clip board who decided to question me ---- F*** O** springs to mind.

I made a comment in a earleir post about kerb crawiling, I wonder how they will apply this law to those who legitemately live or work in red light areas, will these people be harassed by mail, or police calling at their doors. unfortunately with the current rash of ANPR cameras its dead easy for the vehicles to be identified.

ricky, I know a bit about this subject because I used to be a kerb crawler, the best years of my punting life.

Men who live in the area have nothing to worry about unless they drive around the same area 10 times in an hour as I used to do, also you would have to be seen trying to solicit the girls.

I don't visit parks but can you imagine what I would say to a council official with a clip board who decided to question me ---- F*** O** springs to mind.

To be fair I lived in Telford not so long back and its well known that Peado's do hang about the parks, particularly the Town Park. I'm sure young mums will feel a lot happier about taking their children there with these measures in place (after all the park was built with young children in mind and is an amazing place to take them).

Update on this: the council says it was an error and has apologised:

http://www.shropshirestar.com/2008/09/10/council-vows-to-review-park-policy/

The story had started when "two environmental campaigners dressed as penguins were thrown out of the park last month when caught handing out leaflets on climate change. Telford & Wrekin Council said Rachel Whittaker and Neil Donaldson of the Wrekin Stop War pressure group were ejected because they had not undergone Criminal Records Bureau checks or risk assessments before entering the park."

Council boss Andrew Eade now says: "I want to categorically state that it has never been this council's policy to stop, question and turn away adults without youngsters in the play areas in the Town Park. Such a policy defies common sense and I will not let this happen."

Mr Eade blamed the confusion on "an ad hoc instruction that was introduced some years ago covering children's play areas". He said council officers had acted on the instruction and quizzed fewer than five of the five million visitors who have enjoyed the park over the last five years."

Men who live in the area have nothing to worry about unless they drive around the same area 10 times in an hour as I used to do, also you would have to be seen trying to solicit the girls.

From J Smith's speech it would seem that you now only have to drive round once. However, she gives no details about how this would work in practise so it's probably yet another politician's sound-bite that's going to be completely unworkable in practise. Fomenting righteous indignation about perverts & WGs helps help deflect attention from what a crap prime-minister we have & that was probably the main aim of the exercise..............

......... according to Jacquie Smith at the "New" Labour conference today, announcing that the law on persistent kerb crawling is to be applied to 'one off' examples. God help you if you are a lone male, get lost and are stupid enough to slow down to see where you are.

We seem to be approaching a time when any single male out in a public place is assumed to be a slavering sex fiend unless he can prove otherwise...........

The Independent runs the story thus:

Sex with trafficked women to be criminalised:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/sex-with-trafficked-women-to-be-criminalised-937562.html

She's an awfully silly cow and probably because she is a Government Minister and thus has a chauffeur she has forgotten that "the common people" have to drive themselves and often do drive a couple of times around a block when lost.

However, will she only apply this ludicrous logic to the males or will it be illegal for females too???? :P:D:D You know it!!!!!!!!!!

If she only applies that law to males then she will be on the end of a sexual discrimination case.

What happens if, as in my case, my wife's car is registered in my name and my wife gets lost? Just this week I had a "notice of prosecution" drop through my door because my wife was speeding, what happens if she get's lost?? Do I get banged up for sex offences?

The woman is a dangerous idiot. (Harman I mean - sorry Dear if you read this!!)

Harlot Harman & Jackshit smith are two GOOD reasons NOT to vote for the party they represent!

I just thought the home secretary's speech about curb crawlers was a typical outburst of party-conference desperation - like when Ann Widdicombe announced that they would march people with fines to the nearest cashpoint! Let's get this hopeless buch of jokers out of government!

I just thought the home secretary's speech about curb crawlers was a typical outburst of party-conference desperation - like when Ann Widdicombe announced that they would march people with fines to the nearest cashpoint! Let's get this hopeless buch of jokers out of government!

I don't think Ann Widdicombe is or ever has been a member of this government! :P

She's an awfully silly cow and probably because she is a Government Minister and thus has a chauffeur she has forgotten that "the common people" have to drive themselves and often do drive a couple of times around a block when lost.

However, will she only apply this ludicrous logic to the males or will it be illegal for females too???? ;):D You know it!!!!!!!!!!

If she only applies that law to males then she will be on the end of a sexual discrimination case.

What happens if, as in my case, my wife's car is registered in my name and my wife gets lost? Just this week I had a "notice of prosecution" drop through my door because my wife was speeding, what happens if she get's lost?? Do I get banged up for sex offences?

The woman is a dangerous idiot. (Harman I mean - sorry Dear if you read this!!)

Harman gets her kicks by driving at 100mph :P

What is more plod stopped her :D

I think you'll find that the person who announced that bright idea was none other than my former colleague the Rev. A. Blair. delivered in a moment of excessive zeal :P

Fortunately, after the next election it is very unlikely that Jacqui Smith will be an MP let alone Home Secretary!

The relevant bit of her speech (A bit light on details, but no surprise there)........

We will do more to tackle the blight of street prostitution. At the moment, only persistent kerb-crawling is outlawed.

In my book, once around the block is once too many - and so we'll make kerb-crawling punishable as a first offence.

We will give councils and the police new powers to close down brothels and clamp down on exploitation.

We'll give communities a stronger say in stopping lap-dancing clubs opening in their areas.

And I want to know what the Tories have to say for themselves, after sending all their conference delegates a £10 off voucher to one of these clubs.

I'm a proud West Midlands MP - and believe me, Birmingham has a lot more to offer than that.

We're on track to ratify the human trafficking convention by the end of the year, but I'm interested in more than just the words on a page.

And so, next month, we will start work to outlaw paying for sex with someone forced into prostitution at another's will, or controlled for another's gain.

as already discussed a lot in the legalities and legislation section, the real concern is that it sounds like they plan to make it illegal to visit brothels or to use agencies to book a WG...

About 6 years ago I had to go to Bristol for work, I pulled over to check the map little realising I was in the red light area. I got out of there pretty quick when the second woman in under a minute tried to get in my car. Luckily I keep my doors locked but it would be a worry if the police were watching and noting number plates.

A politician and common sense do not go together. I've driven round the block loads of times in London looking for somewhere to park. I'm a punter but not a kerb crawler.

'No worries' as trendy shop assistants frequently say these days.

Typical politician's conference blather.

'We will do this, we will do that, we will do the other. ' :P

What it will amount to as always is, 'we will do sweet FA.'

For example, the London phone box cards are still alive and well and going strong despite the 'clampdown' of a few years ago.

Although as I'm not a kerb crawler (and can't really understand why anyone would want to be with so many safer alternatives these days) I couldn't give a toss what they do with regard to this particular area. ;)

Fortunately, after the next election it is very unlikely that Jacqui Smith will be an MP let alone Home Secretary!

Keep posting things like that it lifts my day!:P

I can't wait for the next General Election; for the first time in my life I will be offering my services to a political party, and in a constituency 300 miles away, to help get rid of this appalling shower. I have little time for politicians of any hue, but this rag bag of nonentities and tin knickered closet lesbos has just got to be put down.

Phone box cards are a red herring as they are dealt with by the phone providers and local councils, not by central Government.

Years and years ago I stopped to eat a sandwich and read a book in Bedford Hill and of course had unlocked car doors - which I locked and drove off after having to chuck out the third street walker who had jumped in and said "OK, what do you want?" :P

I was not punting then but it was very erotic in retrospect - it was probably my first knowledge there was a street scene away from Kins Cross

Phone box cards are a red herring as they are dealt with by the phone providers and local councils, not by central Government.

Years and years ago I stopped to eat a sandwich and read a book in Bedford Hill and of course had unlocked car doors - which I locked and drove off after having to chuck out the third street walker who had jumped in and said "OK, what do you want?" :P

I was not punting then but it was very erotic in retrospect - it was probably my first knowledge there was a street scene away from Kins Cross

Is that where they crusified families?