Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joanna Manchester

Query Regard A Revamped Website

7 posts in this topic

I'm having my website revamped for the new year, new colours, photos and info etc. At the moment all the FRS on it are from here, however I have some on other including the place we don't names, if I put links to them on my revamped site will this bar me form having my website advertised and linked to on Service Providers here?

I'm having my website revamped for the new year, new colours, photos and info etc. At the moment all the FRS on it are from here, however I have some on other including the place we don't names, if I put links to them on my revamped site will this bar me form having my website advertised and linked to on Service Providers here?

Rather than put links why not just copy & paste them onto your site.

Edited by toxical

Rather than put links why not just copy & paste them onto your site.

Yes but surely people would want to know where they were from, otherwise anyone could just post anything and say it was a FR. That is one of the strngths of PN FRs, they are widely respected. Ones from other sites don't seem to have the same validity, however there are some genuine ones where the reviewer has lots of feedback and so I think can be seen as a trusted source, especially I have met them and do know them.

No it would not, as long you don't provide URL to ADW FRs/feedback in Punternet SPD. (you can not exactly link it anyway, since BB code its not allowed, and the adultwоrк word is censored on PN anyway).

Of course you can link you adultwоrк Frs on your own website and still advertise on here. There are hundreds of websites who advertise on PN SPD with adultwоrк banner and various links to it.

Don't know why I am answering it. You know it yourself very well Joanne, but nice plug neither the less.;-)

Edited by Xenia

No it would not, as long you don't provide URL to ADW FRs/feedback in Punternet SPD. (you can not exactly link it anyway, since BB code its not allowed, and the adultwоrк word is censored on PN anyway).

Of course you can link you adultwоrк Frs on your own website and still advertise on here. There are hundreds of websites who advertise on PN SPD with adultwоrк banner and various links to it.

Don't know why I am answering it. You know it yourself very well Joanne, but nice plug neither the less.;-)

Sorry Xenia but I didn't know and it was a genuine and serious question not a plug. Your answer seems to contradict itself, but there again I'm not very 'techie', I'll forward your points to the person who is doing the site and let him decide what to do.

Sorry Xenia but I didn't know and it was a genuine and serious question not a plug. Your answer seems to contradict itself, but there again I'm not very 'techie', I'll forward your points to the person who is doing the site and let him decide what to do.

Joanna, I think what Xenia was saying was :

You can do what you like on your own web-site, either link to feedback on that site, or you could copy it into your site with an explanation of where its from

if anyone wants to check (reading from a copy would be much quicker for anyone browsing).

Just don't mention that site in your SPD listing, which you were not going to do anyway.

On a separate issue, I went to have a look at your profile on that site. I noticed that the pix are about 1 Mb (i suspected that they would be big when I

clicked on View Full Size and they more than filled my screen). They only need to be 50k maybe even 20k to look OK on the screen. I am not sure if you pay for the bandwidth used - if you do then you could be wasting money there. Xenia - you seem to know abit about techie things - any idea ?

CM

Joanna, I think what Xenia was saying was :

You can do what you like on your own web-site, either link to feedback on that site, or you could copy it into your site with an explanation of where its from

if anyone wants to check (reading from a copy would be much quicker for anyone browsing).

Just don't mention that site in your SPD listing, which you were not going to do anyway.

On a separate issue, I went to have a look at your profile on that site. I noticed that the pix are about 1 Mb (i suspected that they would be big when I

clicked on View Full Size and they more than filled my screen). They only need to be 50k maybe even 20k to look OK on the screen. I am not sure if you pay for the bandwidth used - if you do then you could be wasting money there. Xenia - you seem to know abit about techie things - any idea ?

CM

Thank you Cheshmate for "translation" :-). That is exactly what I meant.

Most of Joannes pictires are fine, apart of the last 7 on the bottom of the gallery. They are, as you said over 1mb in size, and one even over 2mb. They just need simple re-sizing to make them under 50kb in any free photo/pix software. I am sure Joanna (or whoever making her webbie) will adjust them for a new site.