Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PedroT97

Sosua December 2010

3 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to this but have just returned from Sosua and can give a pretty accurate update of the situation there.

I flew in to Puerta Plata (POP) and had a car waiting to transfer me to the New Garden which I'd recommend to anyone. It's very very 'guest friendly'.

My first time in DR and the locals told me that I had arrived at the very worst time in Sosua's history as a town for mongers! Three days before I arrived the Politur (Policia Turistica) had carried out extensive activities in an effort to clean up the town and especially on the main 'walking street' called Pedro Clisante. Well I have no reference point so perhaps things are worse than they used to be but I went out first night and hooked up easily. I probably paid more than I should have done but I was a newbie...

Picking up girls is like fishing in a barrel as far as I can tell but the regulars insist that it's not what it was.

I became a fan of Passions which has its own website. You pay more but there's a great atmosphere, great girls, some good shows and no hassle.

I don't know if I'll go back but I do know I didn't want to leave!

PedroT

Hello everyone,

I'm a newbie to this but have just returned from Sosua and can give a pretty accurate update of the situation there.

I flew in to Puerta Plata (POP) and had a car waiting to transfer me to the New Garden which I'd recommend to anyone. It's very very 'guest friendly'.

My first time in DR and the locals told me that I had arrived at the very worst time in Sosua's history as a town for mongers! Three days before I arrived the Politur (Policia Turistica) had carried out extensive activities in an effort to clean up the town and especially on the main 'walking street' called Pedro Clisante. Well I have no reference point so perhaps things are worse than they used to be but I went out first night and hooked up easily. I probably paid more than I should have done but I was a newbie...

Picking up girls is like fishing in a barrel as far as I can tell but the regulars insist that it's not what it was.

I became a fan of Passions which has its own website. You pay more but there's a great atmosphere, great girls, some good shows and no hassle.

I don't know if I'll go back but I do know I didn't want to leave!

PedroT

ive been there loads of times normally in jan and august for a month each time and always had a great time in the bars on Pedro Clisante classicos and latinos and El Flow and i was there for a month in august/sept before all the police were everywhere

Its definatly a lot quieter there now than it was in the summer and now is high season but my experience of sousa is that they ( police) come down hard on things for a few weeks and then it dies off and goes back to normal

Friends of mine that live there who i chat to regulary have said that its a lots quieter than usual but if its your first time then it will seem pretty busy

its somwhere i always reccomend to people who want to go to the carribean for girls but also want to be safe as its easy to get around get hooked up and its pretty acceptable there

cant wait till i go back in the summer