soap

Going To Thailand

92 posts in this topic

Which is the best place to go Phuket or Pattaya for the night life been to Pattaya wondering how Phuket compares

Which is the best place to go Phuket or Pattaya for the night life been to Pattaya wondering how Phuket compares

I am thinking of a month out there in mid January, but not just for punting ... honest ! [i like the sun too and want to investigate Budism !]:)

From what I have been researching Bangkok and Pattaya are the bestplaces to go if you are Sex Travelling.

Phuket is a Long way away and served by its own airport, whereas Bangkok has 2 airports and the flights appear to be more competitive !

Havent really researched Phuket as yet ... so sorry no info....:(

Any advice you can offer about Pattaya - never been to the Far East before??

Phuket has sexier girls from my experience and generally a nicer place then Pattaya. Pattaya has girls who have just been pluked from the village. But that said very cheap and search long and hard you will find a couple of 8 out of 10s minimum.

I am also contemplating a similar trip, for what it's worth after studying the weather it looks like Phuket maybe the place for me as i'm looking to visit within the month of February. Patong seems to be the place to be ? I am a Thailand first timer and haven't scrutinised the punting action in comparison to the other Thai destinations but i'm asuming that there will be plenty of oppurtunities ?!

I am also contemplating a similar trip, for what it's worth after studying the weather it looks like Phuket maybe the place for me as i'm looking to visit within the month of February. Patong seems to be the place to be ? I am a Thailand first timer and haven't scrutinised the punting action in comparison to the other Thai destinations but i'm asuming that there will be plenty of oppurtunities ?!

Yep Patong is the place to be in Phuket. Very serene environment and some real stunners especially the dancers inside the bars. Went back with one to the hotel who was one of the best fucks a man could wish for and a bargain compared to the prices here. Pattaya can get very annoying with girls practically begging to be taken and I'm not really a drinker so having to buy the girls a drink was kind of a pointless exercise and at times led to nothing, buy the drink for the girl and she buggers off with some other guy who calls her over. But you can avoid the bar scene and just pick girls from the parlours and some side streets. Also freelancers in the nightclubs.

Yep Patong is the place to be in Phuket. Very serene environment and some real stunners especially the dancers inside the bars. Went back with one to the hotel who was one of the best fucks a man could wish for and a bargain compared to the prices here. Pattaya can get very annoying with girls practically begging to be taken and I'm not really a drinker so having to buy the girls a drink was kind of a pointless exercise and at times led to nothing, buy the drink for the girl and she buggers off with some other guy who calls her over. But you can avoid the bar scene and just pick girls from the parlours and some side streets. Also freelancers in the nightclubs.

Pattaya is a 90 minute 'taxi-meter' ride from Suvarnabhumi, offers every carnal service that your heart could desire (at prices cheaper than both Bangkok and Phuket), has a wide range of hotel options at moderate prices (again, cheaper than both Bangkok and Phuket) - and you will never feel out of place there as a sex-tourist.

Phuket is an expensive domestic flight from Suvarnabhumi (or KL), has a wide range of touristic options over and above carnal services (in fact, other than Patong, Karon and Kata beaches, most of the other island locations are completely family-friendly) and people do not smirk when they hear that you are going there, unlike Pattaya. I no longer go to Phuket (having first visited in in 1988, back 'when we all were young and gay') because I am quite comfortable with what Pattaya has to offer and can journey to and from Bangkok, as needed, unlike Phuket, Samui, etc. Patong has become a mini-'meat market', a la Pattaya, and Phuket Town has a few diversions as well if you are not interested in beaches. Traveling around about Phuket is neither difficult nor expensive and it is a good place for someone who wants a diverse touristic experience in addition to a bit of the other, as needed. :)

Pattaya is a 90 minute 'taxi-meter' ride from Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang, offers every carnal service that your heart could desire (at prices cheaper than both Bangkok and Phuket), has a wide range of hotel options at moderate prices (again, cheaper than both Bangkok and Phuket) - and you will never feel out of place there as a sex-tourist.

Phuket is an expensive domestic flight from Suvarnabhumi (or KL), has a wide range of touristic options over and above carnal services (in fact, other than Patong, Karon and Kata beaches, most of the other island locations are completely family-friendly) and people do not smirk when they hear that you are going there, unlike Pattaya. I no longer go to Phuket (having first visited in in 1988, back 'when we all were young and gay') because I am quite comfortable with what Pattaya has to offer and can journey to and from Bangkok, as needed, unlike Phuket, Samui, etc. Patong has become a mini-'meat market', a la Pattaya, and Phuket Town has a few diversions as well if you are not interested in beaches. Traveling around about Phuket is neither difficult nor expensive and it is a good place for someone who wants a diverse touristic experience in addition to 'a bit of the other', as needed. :)

Edited by Tiggy 7

Pattaya is a 90 minute 'taxi-meter' ride from Suvarnabhumi, offers every carnal service that your heart could desire (at prices cheaper than both Bangkok and Phuket), has a wide range of hotel options at moderate prices (again, cheaper than both Bangkok and Phuket) - and you will never feel out of place there as a sex-tourist.

Phuket is an expensive domestic flight from Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang (or KL), has a wide range of touristic options over and above carnal services (in fact, other than Patong, Karon and Kata beaches, most of the other island locations are completely family-friendly) and people do not smirk when they hear that you are going there, unlike Pattaya. I no longer go to Phuket (having first visited in in 1988, back 'when we all were young and gay') because I am quite comfortable with what Pattaya has to offer and can journey to and from Bangkok, as needed, unlike Phuket, Samui, etc. Patong has become a mini-'meat market', a la Pattaya, and Phuket Town has a few diversions as well if you are not interested in beaches. Traveling around about Phuket is neither difficult nor expensive and it is a good place for someone who wants a diverse touristic experience in addition to 'a bit of the other', as needed. :)

Phuket is an expensive domestic flight from Suvarnabhumi or Don Muang (or KL), has a wide range of touristic options over and above carnal services (in fact, other than Patong, Karon and Kata beaches, most of the other island locations are completely family-friendly) and people do not smirk when they hear that you are going there, unlike Pattaya. I no longer go to Phuket (having first visited in in 1988, back 'when we all were young and gay') because I am quite comfortable with what Pattaya has to offer and can journey to and from Bangkok, as needed, unlike Phuket, Samui, etc. Patong has become a mini-'meat market', a la Pattaya, and Phuket Town has a few diversions as well if you are not interested in beaches. Traveling around about Phuket is neither difficult nor expensive and it is a good place for someone who wants a diverse touristic experience in addition to 'a bit of the other', as needed. :)

I swear I was sober when I made that post but I certainly made a hash of editing it. :(

Phuket is an expensive domestic flight from Suvarnabhumi

If you book far enough in advance, you can get return flights with Air Asia for 1500 baht or less.

Differences between Phuket and Pattaya

• Phuket is more expensive
  • Phuket is mainly beer bars, very few Gogo's
  • Soapys are crap and expensive in Phuket
  • Hotels are more expensive in Phuket
  • Pattaya is more diverse with many punting options
  • Phuket (Patong) is very small compared to Pattaya

Having said that Phuket is worth a visit. I would recommend the OP to try both.

This probably doesn't help, but I am off to Pattaya for 3 months on new years day.

I'll be spending most of my time wind surfing and enrolling in a Thai language school. There is absolutely nothing else to do in Pattaya, in fact it strikes me as a little bit gay.

Hahahaha. Seriously, have a great time.

Phuket has sexier girls from my experience and generally a nicer place then Pattaya. Pattaya has girls who have just been pluked from the village. But that said very cheap and search long and hard you will find a couple of 8 out of 10s minimum.

Better looking girls In Phuket???? You've not been looking very hard In Pattaya, some of the girls In Patong think they're the shit, better than Pattaya, more expensive bla bla bla, they're not, the scene In Phuket Is a lot smaller than Pattaya, they try this shit on first time mongers, or hubbys on the loose for a hour from his Mrs.

OP It depends what you want from your trip, I've done Phuket a few times as a side trip from Bkk or Pattaya, as KP said you can book cheap flights with http://www.airasia.com/gb/en/home.html only takes 1hr. You can do Diving and other watersports during the day, or just chill out on the beach, If you book a hotel near to Bangla Rd you will be a short walk to all the nightlife.

Better looking girls In Phuket???? You've not been looking very hard In Pattaya, some of the girls In Patong think they're the shit, better than Pattaya, more expensive bla bla bla, they're not, the scene In Phuket Is a lot smaller than Pattaya, they try this shit on first time mongers, or hubbys on the loose for a hour from his Mrs.

OP It depends what you want from your trip, I've done Phuket a few times as a side trip from Bkk or Pattaya, as KP said you can book cheap flights with http://www.airasia.com/gb/en/home.html only takes 1hr. You can do Diving and other watersports during the day, or just chill out on the beach, If you book a hotel near to Bangla Rd you will be a short walk to all the nightlife.

I'm in total agreement with you re Pattaya over Phuket. It has been 'fashionable' (if that is the word) to knock Pattaya girls for the past few years but there must be literally thousands of them in Pattaya and many are absolutely gorgeous. The '8-10/10s' may be indifferent to 'cheap charlies' and may not be in the majority in the beer bars or go-gos, but there plenty of them about if you have patience and enjoy doing a bit of fishing rather than just a bee-line 'biff, bam, thank you ma'am' encounter as soon as you hit Walking Street or Soi 6. I think the aging punter has the edge in that respect because I couldn't chalk up 2-4 girls per night if I wanted to! One, the right one, will do fine and I am quite prepared to keep casting out my line until I land her. I am even willing to 'go without' on some nights, and thus can keep putting away the Singhas, not having to worry about having to 'perform'. I am lucky enough to be able to stay around for awhile (four weeks on this next trip) and I am not pressed for funds, though I also do not like to feel like a 'sucker' (other than literally ;) - I am not concerned about 'the going rate', I set my own. My strategy, if you want to call it that, works fine for me and I now stop off in Bangkok after arriving and just before leaving and spend most of my time in Pattaya. I'll be going up to Chiang Mai for the flower festival and to Phnom Penh for a 'break' from Pattaya rather than Phuket (and at roughly the same cost). :D

my "virgin" post on the site

I have lived in Pattaya for the last 5 years and I am more than happy to answer any questions on the town

It is certainly heaven on earth if you enjoy beautiful young ladies for the grand sum of around 20 quid a night

5* hotels can be had for 50-60 pounds a night with great 3/4* maybe 20/30 a night

now Im off to look around in here and see whats going on

Phuket used to be good about 15 years ago when it was primarily a punters and US Navy destination. Then the family tourists started arriving and the few a go-go bars that existed got even fewer. The quality of the bar beer girls was never that gr8 anyway. The best were the freelancers to be found in the discos. A buddy of mine who still goes to Phuket complains at the diminishing number of hot young girls and that there are far too many young European dudes in their 20s around who pull all the best ones :(

One thing Phuket does kick baht over Pattyhaha is the quality of the sea. Patong is ok and safe to bathe in but the beaches at Karon and Kata (Club Med resort) are actually very good with boogie boarding in rainy season and snorkelling the rest of the time.

I would recommend Phuket to those who have done Pattaya and got burnt out from too much sex and booze who want to get away from the temptations without totally abandoning them.

And yep, hotel prices in Phuket are considerably more expensive than PTY

Enjoy

my "virgin" post on the site

I have lived in Pattaya for the last 5 years and I am more than happy to answer any questions on the town

It is certainly heaven on earth if you enjoy beautiful young ladies for the grand sum of around 20 quid a night

5* hotels can be had for 50-60 pounds a night with great 3/4* maybe 20/30 a night

now Im off to look around in here and see whats going on

Okay, here's one for the local farang - nuru massage - do you know any places in Pattaya that offer this new (to me) form of gel massage that has become so popular in Japan and is now making waves elsewhere in Asia? A few places/masseuses here in the UK purport to offer this service but I have yet to spot an oriental (let alone, a Japanese) one to do so. I gather there is at least one place in Bangkok that offers it but I will be spending more of the next four weeks in Pattaya than elsewhere and would love to enjoy this experience while there, if available. :)

Okay, here's one for the local farang - nuru massage - do you know any places in Pattaya that offer this new (to me) form of gel massage that has become so popular in Japan and is now making waves elsewhere in Asia? A few places/masseuses here in the UK purport to offer this service but I have yet to spot an oriental (let alone, a Japanese) one to do so. I gather there is at least one place in Bangkok that offers it but I will be spending more of the next four weeks in Pattaya than elsewhere and would love to enjoy this experience while there, if available. :)

I've not heard of any place In Patts doing nuru, If you go up to Bkk then Colonze 2 does. http://www.soapy-massage.com/colonze-2-massage-ratchadapisek-road.html

Been doing some research on the origin of nuru massage coz nobody I spoke to here in Japan has ever heard of it :o

Appearz the term origin8d in New York at Asian massage parlors frequented by Japanese expats where some of the girls were probably Thai. That explains why it is popular in PTY. In Japanese nuru means to smear, paint, rub etc. Unless I am mistaken, we are talking of a massage where the prostate is targeted rather than Johnson until the very end. I experienced such a massage in Bangkok in November when I went for what was purportedly a str8 massage. The woman doing it woz middel-aged n no beauty but jeez the physical pleasure in itself woz probably better than anything I ever experienced from a bunk-up :blink::D

I've not heard of any place In Patts doing nuru, If you go up to Bkk then Colonze 2 does. http://www.soapy-massage.com/colonze-2-massage-ratchadapisek-road.html

Yes, I had that one on my list and I've now learned that there is one in Pattaya, as well - Dream something - so I will pursue it when I get there on Monday. Having seen those nuru massage videos, I am sure 'the real thing' will be a bit of a letdown (never been worked over whist sitting on a chair before, for one thing) but I will let you know. :)

ps, 22 degrees in Bangkok now, down from 31 this afternoon. :D

Edited by Tiggy 7

Yes, I had that one on my list and I've now learned that there is one in Pattaya, as well - Dream something - so I will pursue it when I get there on Monday. Having seen those nuru massage videos, I am sure 'the real thing' will be a bit of a letdown (never been worked over whist sitting on a chair before, for one thing) but I will let you know. :)

ps, 22 degrees in Bangkok now, down from 31 this afternoon. :D

22c oh you must have your jumper on Tiggy lol, I've yet to have a nuru, quite happy having a soapy. :)

I am going to Thailand for the first time in early Feb, 3 nights in Bangkok and then 9 nights in Koh Samui. i am going with Mrs NTD but she is willing to have some fun!! I think she will have a massage etc and maybe bedroom fun.

Can anyone recommend places to go for a good 'sexy' massage or good pick up place to have a girl join us in our hotel? Both in Bangkok and especially Koh Samui as we will have more time there??

Thanks

Just a quicky about those thinking of going to Pattaya for the first time. It is most definitely a party town, geared towards drinking, agogo bars and of course sex. The problem is that is is non-stop, except for maybe a one hour period between 6-7 in the mornings when your ears are not being constantly savaged by the cacophony of competing noises. It's OK for a week or two, but can get to you after a while.

An alternative is to stay in Jomtien, about 7KM from Pattaya and much, much quieter. It's a ten minute and 20 pence trip to Pattaya by baht bus, so access to the action is easy and cheap. The advantage of Jomtien is the peace and quiet and the fact that it has a usable beach, which Pattaya does not really have. The disadvantage is that during the night it is deadly dull in comparison, although there are some bars where you can barfine the girls it is maybe 5% of what Pattaya offers.

Another thing to consider on your trip is to rent a condo as opposed to staying in a hotel or guesthouse. You will find that the staff and girls will not only notice your everyday comings and goings, but will assume such an easy air of familiarity with you that it may become uncomfortable. In addition, should you stay in a guesthouse with bar girls, it is difficult not to succumb to the temptation of bar fining one of them, in her eyes, this effectively makes you hers and should you do the same to another girl from the same bar, you may find you have problems on your hands. The normal strategy to avoiding this is to make clear from the outset that you are a 'butterfly' and intend to shag anything that takes your fancy, whilst this might not be what the girl wants to hear, she will probably accept it with good grace. If she doesn't and still considers you to be her temporary property, then be prepared for a hissy fit. Luckily, these usually only last a day and then all is forgiven.

For those who are visiting Thailand for the first time, you will undoubtedly apply western standards of decency and civility to all the girls you meet and this can sometimes be the worst thing you can do. It is hugely difficult to harden your heart to enable you to stick to your plan of shagging as many girls as possible, if this indeed your plan. It is not a trick that I have mastered and I guarantee that all but the most committed psychopaths will experience feelings of guilt, remorse and regret.

Have a great time, very few first time visitors do not come back again and again to Thailand.

In addition to my above post, which I am not allowed to edit, I just wanted to add this ...

The only other bit of advice I can offer is to treat the girls as girlfriends and not some random cock holster like most others do. Try and spend some time the morning after doing things with her that don't involve drinking in bars. Some ideas which they definitely appreciate are taking them for lunch to cheap Thai or Issan restaurants that do not normally cater for farangs, take them to the pool, take them to a market and tell her to pick anything she wants. I can pretty much guarantee she will not take the piss and will usually only want something costing between £3-£10 max. Not being patronising, these are beautiful, caring girls and many treat them like shit - do not be one of these people.

I am going to Thailand for the first time in early Feb, 3 nights in Bangkok and then 9 nights in Koh Samui. i am going with Mrs NTD but she is willing to have some fun!! I think she will have a massage etc and maybe bedroom fun.

Can anyone recommend places to go for a good 'sexy' massage or good pick up place to have a girl join us in our hotel? Both in Bangkok and especially Koh Samui as we will have more time there??

Thanks

If you're looking for a good, reliable massage parlour in Bangkok then I'd recommend Mango Massage on Sukhumvit Soi 24 (PM me for more details if you wish) - they offer an incall service but offer outcalls too which is probably more suitable for you and Mrs NTD. You can pre-book by phone, and the couple of girls that I saw in December were very willing with a great attitude too.

Have a great trip!