Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lixies

New Zealand - Prostitution Review

5 posts in this topic

Got into a discussion on another board about some statistics from Melissa Farley, during the discussion I posted this link to back up some statistics New Zealand - Prostitution Review, thought it a good source of information for fellow posters.

Thanks for that Lixies it is very interesting.

Basically there is no difference in the sex industry apart from the woman that feel safer and more empowered by it being legal.

There are the same amount of workers, they practice the same safe sex practices as before, (incl condoms for oral and damns for reverse)

There appears to be an increase as it is more open but in fact despite rumours of it increasing 400% there has been no increase.

Operators of managed workers are either good or bad, it has not had a significant effect other than more girls know theoretically they can say no, however social stigmata is still a big draw back when it comes to reporting to authorities.

What was interesting tho one of the girls saying in the printed material it tells them they have the option to pay tax??? -wrong.

With problems with clients it appears to be no different with the workers still being reluctant to report to the police despite 70% saying they would be more confident to do so and even less prepared to follow it through to court. It seem that stigmata is still there legal or not.

It appears there is no increase or decrease with difficult clients, they are either predisposed to do so or not.

A few myths also expelled about street workers no different to the reasons why managed and private workers work, for the money, luxuries, education, buy property/cars, a higher proportion because they enjoy the sex than private and managed workers, higher percentage saying because it is glamorous and exciting, there is a higher amount to support drug (<50%) but that means >50% are doing it for exactly the same reasons as everyone else and chose to do it not out of desperation. They also feel they have more control over who they can see than if they would work managed. They work the same way as private girls, manage their own time and money but still have the benefits of comradeliness as managed girls do.

SW section also contradicts, if only 50% of SWers are doing it for drugs then why do they say that 78% of SWers will accept drugs as a form of payment?

The main nuisance of SWers are not them themselves, but hoons shouting and throwing eggs from cars and drunks hassling them on the way home from the pub.

Would be interesting to go back and work there without the fear of being thrown out of working flats onto the streets, one thing I would not mind finding out is how it has effected rates, I know the parlor I worked at has significantly put up prices, but wondering if someone that is private advertising in the same place I used to still gets paid the same.

S x

Although I don't have time to read it all in detail, and the document is dated 2008, just reading the introduction proved insightful. The original 2003 legislation under review was not based on the traditional moralist approach to discussing decriminalisation, and the 2008 review was substantiated based on evidence. One country at least has woken up to the proper way things should be done.

Although I don't have time to read it all in detail, and the document is dated 2008, just reading the introduction proved insightful. The original 2003 legislation under review was not based on the traditional moralist approach to discussing decriminalisation, and the 2008 review was substantiated based on evidence. One country at least has woken up to the proper way things should be done.

Refreshing, morality and politics was left out of it instead they concentrated on Human Rights.

But I fear that will never happen here in the UK, as liberal as NZ is the bill was passed by only one vote

S x

Having punted in NZ, they do have a more enlightened approach, and had no problems when arranging meetings at my hotels. Although there is a street scene in Auckland, this is confined to around the Karangahape Road or 'K' road, but there are plenty of websites with a veritable choice of ladies.

And while the ladies are legally obliged to use condoms when giving oral sex,you will find some that do, some that dont. My experience was that the local Kiwi girls were more adept at assesing whether you were 'the authority' than oriental girls, and oral without was more likely with a local girl, but remember it was my experience on a 6 week visit. The best value was an Auckland lady called Dee Licious, who was aged around 45, and offered everything (inc A) for NZ$100 (£48) for an hour.

While there are plenty of WGs on North Island - Auckland,Wellington, Hamilton and Tauranga, they are more scarce on South Island away from Christchurch. One girl did tell me the story of a WG who set up in Queenstown, a popular and pleasant tourist town, but was forced to move by locals who objected to her plying her trade.