Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Taggart

Is There Ever Too Much Information?

14 posts in this topic

Nosing around the other site for some ladies in the 30-45 age band, I couldn't help noticing that several had what can only be described as an excess of information. While most punters would agree many WGs are scant on infomation, others are completely over the top, and their profiles are like trying to tackle War & Peace.

Some profiles are all in capitals, other times lower case with little or no punctuation, and some gross spelling errors.

I found one lady, Kinky Sadie, who ticked all the boxes with services, which is what I always check first, but reading her profile is torture. All capitals, contradictory or confusing information, some txt spk too.

It's almost like Stanley Unwin speak - for example: I WITH AGE COME MATURTIE AND EXPERIENCE AND WANTING TO BE WITH SOMEONE

I WILL GIVE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WITH ME THAT YOU WON T FORGET AND HOPEFULLY VISIT ME AGAIN I REALLY LOVE WHAT I DO AND YOU WILL SEE WHEN YOU MEET ME

and

3/4 HOUR =45 MINS ON MY OWN = £90 45 MINS =£100

1 HOUR =£ 110 ON MY OWN 1 HOUR = £120

1 HOUR AND A 1/2 HOUR ON MY OWN £170 1 AND A HALF HOUR £180

Is is THAT hard to write a profile in English or ask someone to chec it. I dont think I am being unfair or unjust, but because of the confusing info, I lost the will to live while reading it, and as a result, the lady has lost a potential client.

How many others would be put off?

It's a shame as Sadie is a cracking looking MILF too.

Nosing around the other site for some ladies in the 30-45 age band, I couldn't help noticing that several had what can only be described as an excess of information. While most punters would agree many WGs are scant on infomation, others are completely over the top, and their profiles are like trying to tackle War & Peace.

Some profiles are all in capitals, other times lower case with little or no punctuation, and some gross spelling errors.

I found one lady, Kinky Sadie, who ticked all the boxes with services, which is what I always check first, but reading her profile is torture. All capitals, contradictory or confusing information, some txt spk too.

It's almost like Stanley Unwin speak - for example: I WITH AGE COME MATURTIE AND EXPERIENCE AND WANTING TO BE WITH SOMEONE

I WILL GIVE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME WITH ME THAT YOU WON T FORGET AND HOPEFULLY VISIT ME AGAIN I REALLY LOVE WHAT I DO AND YOU WILL SEE WHEN YOU MEET ME

and

Is is THAT hard to write a profile in English or ask someone to chec it. I dont think I am being unfair or unjust, but because of the confusing info, I lost the will to live while reading it, and as a result, the lady has lost a potential client.

I don't have a problem with quite a lot of information, although some of the brighter ladies Over There are now dividing it i-nto separate tabs. But like you, too much racapitalisation and poor English makes my teeth grate. I understand that quite a large number of ladies do not have English as their first language; but surely most of them must know someone with a reasonable command of the language who is aware of what they do and so could check their profiles? The odd Malapropism can be quite charming; but trying to make sense of word goulash jst makes me quickly move on.

Too much is way better than too little

I worry if a lady writes too much that when we meet she'll also be the kind of girl that spends the whole hour talking constantly without letting me get a word in, or enjoy any services. Although so far if I spend more than 5 minutes reading a profile I can guarantee she won't pick up the phone and I'll have to look for Plan B anyway :)

It's too much if it includes daft scroll-down alphanumeric graphics or it keeps repeating itself. I want an idea of who it is I'd be meeting, where she's coming from, what she takes pride in, whether she's articulate and whether she's got any individual quirks.

CAPS are awful, misspellings are awful, tired cliches which sound like the girl is taking the reader for a chump are awful. Splitting into tabs on the other site is sensible as it makes things more readable. But in general, more is better

Too many capitals are awful. Very hard to read and digest.

However I much prefer more info rather than less. Gives me a comfortable feeling that I am more likely to get what I am looking for.

Also detest text speak.

I like intelligent ladies so the way they present themselves is a factor affecting my choice.

I worry if a lady writes too much that when we meet she'll also be the kind of girl that spends the whole hour talking constantly without letting me get a word in, or enjoy any services. Although so far if I spend more than 5 minutes reading a profile I can guarantee she won't pick up the phone and I'll have to look for Plan B anyway :)

and

Having punted with many foreign working ladies who could hardly speak English it comes as no surprise to read profiles that look all over the place. Many WGs tick every service box going which is why i ring to confirm what they actually offer. If this goes well i may make a booking.

I certainly wouldnt be put off by too much information on the profile or it being written badly.

I certainly wouldnt be put off by too much information on the profile or it being written badly.

I'd split that! While I'm certainly not put off by a website* (or, indeed, "profile", as, I understand they call it down there) which gives lots of information, which allows me to get a feel for whether I'm going to enjoy dalliance with this lady, I'm actively put off by bad English, whether EE, FE or simply illiterate!

* OT It has taken me a while to decide whether "web site", "web-site" or "website" is right. Statutory usage has decided for me that "website" is correct!

Edited by Irgendeiner

I'd split that! While I'm certainly not put off by a website* (or, indeed, "profile", as, I understand they call it down there) which gives lots of information, which allows me to get a feel for whether I'm going to enjoy dalliance with this lady, I'm actively put off by bad English, whether EE, FE or simply illiterate!

Yes I am a bit the same, although I find Xenia's english extremely attractive !

I wouldn't say it is necessary to read a website with a lot of info from end to end prior to making a booking. There are thinga it is essential to read imo, such as rates, services, booking procedures, do's and don'ts, availability etc.

Imo it can however pay off to read a bit more when additional info is available (providing it is written coherently). I have sometimes gleaned little clues or things about the WG's preferences etc. and this can then be the basis for understanding her better, which in turn improves the chances of having a good meeting.

It's jolly nice to see some people in this thread saying that good English etc. IS important to them when looking at a profile. Some make me wince and when I raised it elsewhere the overwhelming opinion always seems to be 'I don't care'.

To my mind a profile or website is a major marketing tool and is the first impression you will be making on potential clients so getting it right is very important.

I think you can tell a lot about a girl by whether or not she has taken the trouble to present a decent profile and bothered to check the English on it.

I once saw a profile that offered 'a free house with every booking of 2 hours or more'

She meant hour!!!! I was tempted to book her for 2 hours myself just for the free house!

It's jolly nice to see some people in this thread saying that good English etc. IS important to them when looking at a profile. Some make me wince and when I raised it elsewhere the overwhelming opinion always seems to be 'I don't care'.

To my mind a profile or website is a major marketing tool and is the first impression you will be making on potential clients so getting it right is very important.

I think you can tell a lot about a girl by whether or not she has taken the trouble to present a decent profile and bothered to check the English on it.

I once saw a profile that offered 'a free house with every booking of 2 hours or more'

She meant hour!!!! I was tempted to book her for 2 hours myself just for the free house!

I have had numerous good or better punts with WGs whose profiles have been badly written and/or laid out. Personally i look beyond this aspect and the clincher for me is the brief phone chat that is essential to me. If this goes well i really couldnt care less that she has a badly written profile etc, it becomes totally irrelevant to me.

I certainly agree many potential punters may well be put off though, and to be able to attract as many punters as possible having a decent profile/site helps. :)

* OT It has taken me a while to decide whether "web site", "web-site" or "website" is right. Statutory usage has decided for me that "website" is correct!

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I was starting to worry that I had a weird grammar fetish.