Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abc12345

Fed Up With The Chinese

12 posts in this topic

The Chinese providers are so greedy - anyone else had experience ? You book a time, turn up and oh - she is busy. They take what they can despite booking an appointment. They have no concept of the value of other peoples time. 3rd time this has happened, I will now refuse to go to any more Chinese providers. Its really frustrating. Anyone else have similar experiences ?

Nope, the always have my chicken chow mein ready. And if not, they pour me a beer whilst I wait.

The Chinese providers are so greedy - anyone else had experience ? You book a time, turn up and oh - she is busy. They take what they can despite booking an appointment. They have no concept of the value of other peoples time. 3rd time this has happened, I will now refuse to go to any more Chinese providers. Its really frustrating. Anyone else have similar experiences ?

In 2011 I do not intend to step foot in any oriental shops.

Reasons are:

1) Greed

2) Lack of massage skills

3) Short timing appointments

4) Constant attempts to up-sell

In 2011 I am looking for:

1) Massage skills

2) VFM

3) Agreed prices up front

4) Sensual rather than sexual

They are operating as a business, a very fickle one at that where guys very often change their minds on a last minute whim, whether they have a wank and lose interest or bottle out in the last min, of course there are genuine reasons, agreed they should not make appointments if this is the case but better to take them as they come in rather than lose out no cash.

My local nail bar is no different, it is also male orientals that do the nails, you can book in but they will take walk in appointments over yours. I quite often have to wait.

S x

Having travelled extensively in Asia, including Thailand , China, Vietnam, and Cambodia I would have to agree that what orientals in general posess is excellent business sense. Every business out there is run on a first come, first served basis, including barbers, nail salons etc. The concept of booking appointments is very much a western one. I agree with the above poster that you have to take into account the number of timewasters and no show appointments that these guys probably get per day, and when you're running a business time is money-for every wasted appointment they still have to break even. Personally, I am not a massive fan of oriental girls, but I can see both sides..

Shouldnt this be in the 'sensual massage' section ??

Shouldnt this be in the 'sensual massage' section ??

I think the OP has already established that there has not been much on the sensual side of his appointments. Also he mentioned sex, which means it is for the main board surely as I would have thought that a massage place that offered full sex was indeed a parlour masquerading under the heading of "massage".

I think the OP has already established that there has not been much on the sensual side of his appointments. Also he mentioned sex, which means it is for the main board surely as I would have thought that a massage place that offered full sex was indeed a parlour masquerading under the heading of "massage".

Sex? Somebody is talking about sex? What has this board come to?

They are operating as a business, a very fickle one at that where guys very often change their minds on a last minute whim, whether they have a wank and lose interest or bottle out in the last min, of course there are genuine reasons, agreed they should not make appointments if this is the case but better to take them as they come in rather than lose out no cash.

My local nail bar is no different, it is also male orientals that do the nails, you can book in but they will take walk in appointments over yours. I quite often have to wait.

S x

My local nail bar is also run by orientals with a very good business ethic, however as long as I turn up on time they will not give my appointment to anyone else. I'm a very longstanding, regular client of theirs and they did recognise this at christmas in quite a touching way. Sometimes they do run late since they do cram clients together, but if I book at a quiet time I do not have this. So I tend to go for Monday morning appointments.

Edited by Strawberry

In 2011 I do not intend to step foot in any oriental shops.

Reasons are:

1) Greed

2) Lack of massage skills

3) Short timing appointments

4) Constant attempts to up-sell

In 2011 I am looking for:

1) Massage skills

2) VFM

3) Agreed prices up front

4) Sensual rather than sexual

I think this man very accurately reflects a growing trend amongst punters - a lot of blokes who have frequented Chinese shops are saying 'enough is enough'. I work hard for my money, I am spending a lot on FBSM as a trest to myself and I want to enjoy my time. Its about getting a balance back between the punter's agenda and that of the service provider. The Chinese shops in particular don't seem to grasp that and to me seem obsessed only with making money which in my view is short-termism and will lose them custom in favour of those who are prepared to respond to Ray's list of needs. Like Ray and a growing number of others, my new year's resolution is to move away from Chinese providers.

Koos

Its not only just massage places I am referring to.

Also they dont factor into account the cost of my time. 30mins to get there, 30 mins or so to get back. Thats an hour or so of my time and nothing in return. That then becomes an expensive non-punt.

I thought it was just me being pedantic.

I forgot to mention, that on the last cancelled appointment, not only when I got there I was asked to wait for 40mins until she had finished the appointment, but when I said I will be leaving the granny offered to perform services. Now this was a 4ft 7, fat Chinese granny, short hair, smoker. I was repulsed at the thought of it.