Lara Brooks

Is It Silly Season?

10 posts in this topic

Ladies, have you found things have got “strange” over the last couple of months or is it just me? I’ve had far more unusual requests that normal, 2 no shows in the last 2 weeks (and in 10 years I’ve only had one other), a suicide threat from an ex-client and far more hassle from men during enquiry stage when I say I don’t offer what they want (and who aren't happy taking no for an answer). I know I have my retirement in the pipeline but it’s as though something is trying to get me so fed up of things that I leave sooner than later. All very odd :blink:

I had a few last week that were a bit bolshy on the phone. They didn't get to see me of course !! Easy as ! :P :P

Ladies, have you found things have got “strange” over the last couple of months or is it just me? I’ve had far more unusual requests that normal, 2 no shows in the last 2 weeks (and in 10 years I’ve only had one other), a suicide threat from an ex-client and far more hassle from men during enquiry stage when I say I don’t offer what they want (and who aren't happy taking no for an answer). I know I have my retirement in the pipeline but it’s as though something is trying to get me so fed up of things that I leave sooner than later. All very odd :blink:

Lara

I'm finding the same thing too, I've just gotten to the point where I have been considering time off. I've also got really fed up of withheld numbers who ignore it when I say I won't be able to accept a booking without a number, and then call on the day still insisting on using a withheld number. They seem to think I'm joking or desperate or something. Last night I downloaded some software to block withhelds and it works, so should make things a lot simpler!

I thought that was last October when some dirty fucker decided to have a shit in the small bin in one of our rooms.

Dirty BASTARD ! We do have a clients toilet too ! :angry:

It's January. The long dark nights and post christmas lack of money sets people on edge.

In my real job I just had a client refuse me access because I did ont have my initial ID. And this after ha had just called me twice to sort out meeting me! Clients eh?

It's January. The long dark nights and post christmas lack of money sets people on edge.

In my real job I just had a client refuse me access because I did ont have my initial ID. And this after ha had just called me twice to sort out meeting me! Clients eh?

That's right, I always find this time of year is very odd. I'm thinking next year I might holiday sometime in January!

Edited by Strawberry

That's right, I always find this time of year is very odd. I'm thinking next year I might holiday sometime in January!

Well strawberries are best eaten when in season ;)

can i come too?

ill travel in your suitcase

I thought that was last October when some dirty fucker decided to have a shit in the small bin in one of our rooms.

Maybe that roll of toilet paper on the dresser confused him? :-)

Sorry this did make me chuckle :D

It is silly season at the moment, I think it's the mild strange weather we are having, it's effecting peoples brains :o