bacchus

Father And Son Sex Traffickers Convicted In Manchester

5 posts in this topic

From the BBC News website:

A father and son from Romania have been found guilty of trafficking women into England and forcing them to work as prostitutes.

Bogdan and Marius Nejloveanu, aged 51 and 23, were convicted of 34 separate offences, including trafficking.

The men promised their five victims homes and jobs but instead beat and raped some of them, forcing them into sex work in Manchester and Birmingham.

The two had denied the charges at Manchester Crown Court.

During their trial, the jury heard how the women were specifically trafficked into the UK by Bogdan Nejloveanu for the benefit of his son.

Link to complete article: Father and son sex traffickers convicted in Manchester

B

Thanks for posting that. Here is a short quote from the article:

"Greater Manchester Police (GMP) were initially alerted to the first victim in October 2008 by a tip-off which suggested she was working against her will"

As I have said many times, the vast majority of punters are decent people who will not hesitate to make that call to Crimestoppers when necessary. Maybe the punter in question even saw the Crimestoppers link on our FR search page. If so that would give me a warm feeling inside!

If certain idiot politicians had their way, there would be anti-prostitution laws in place which would frighten punters away from ever making that phone call, and sex slavery really would become as rampant as they would like us to believe it to be.

Are you MPs listening? If you really want to cut down on trafficking and sex slavery and put scum like that out of business, get NZ-style reforms passed in the UK!

I heard that report on Radio 4 and my first thoughts were - how many punters have seen the girls post 01/04/2010 and how many have bee charged under the new law ? No punters were charged it would seem, nothing mentioned anyway.

I heard that report on Radio 4 and my first thoughts were - how many punters have seen the girls post 01/04/2010 and how many have bee charged under the new law ? No punters were charged it would seem, nothing mentioned anyway.

In fact, how many successful prosecutions have there been in the UK since the new law was passed on 01/04/10 ? Anyone know ?

In fact, how many successful prosecutions have there been in the UK since the new law was passed on 01/04/10 ? Anyone know ?

To my knowledge, none. I'm not aware of anyone being charged either. Just a handful of simple cautions, and I imagine that they were rather dubious.