Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rh55

Another 'brothel' Raid In Ipswich

6 posts in this topic

The local paper reported today that 3 people had been arrested in a 'brothel raid' in a flat in Firmin Close suspected to be the 'New Tokyo' establishment. For the first time in Suffolk a man was arrested and cautioned for an offence introduced in April 2010 of paying for the sexual services of a prostitute subjected to force, coercion or exploitation.

This follows on from the news that a Chinese 'brothel madam' had been jailed for a year for running 'brothels' between 2006 - 8 at a Chinese medicine shop in Upper Orwell Street Ipswich, Cavendish hotel in Great Yarmouth and a house in Chalk Hill Road, Norwich.

Be careful out there, especially when thinking of visiting an establishment run or staffed by Chinese people in East Anglia.

This shows guys out there should be more careful-

most of these girls in these brothel are forced to work,

thats why there rates are so cheap to encourage more punters.

Any, err, evidence for that statement? Or are you just making it up?

I think you need to be a little more careful with the Chinese places. One place I went to had 6 cameras ! and the maid was watching them ! Unbelievable ! The European flats and hotels certainly appear more 'independent'. Bear in mind your life is destroyed these days even with a caution.

That's what Harriet Harman et al would like you to think. If that was the case then it would be a complete scandal that they're allowed to operate for years and years. If you're arrested for this offence here's the first question you should ask the police once you're being interviewed.....

What offences have you arrested the brothel madam for?

Because just like this place, they'll have to admit they've only been arrested for running a brothel....

Why not kidnap? False imprisonment? Making threats to kill? Why are you the only one arrested for any offence that explicitly mentions a lack of free will? For the publicity? Because they figure you'll roll over rather than risk your wife/family finding out?

Have a good think about all that...the police are taking this punter for a mug. I guarantee he'd never have been charged if he'd told them to naff off.

Prices in these establishments were £60 per half hour, £80 per 45mins and £100 per hour with girls adding extra for owo/cim and ro. Some may have offered other services but it was mainly a decent massage followed by oral and sex. The girls earned 50% of the fee and were provided with food and drink for the, usually, week that they visited the establishment. I hadn't heard of any of them being there other than of their own free will, so I would agree with 992005 that it would seem that the police have invoked this law for publicity and to scare the local punting population.

Maybe somebody from Suffolk constabulary who so obviously read this message board nd the FRs could verify this?