Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
londonjoe

Gum Clinic Visit

10 posts in this topic

Guys I apologise if this has been asked before but I visited a working girl and now want to get tested as I rightly should.

Do GUM Clinics check your details such as your name and address or can I fake those and get away with it?

Also, do they all offer the on the spot pin prick HIV test or does this depend on the clinic?

Thanks

Guys I apologise if this has been asked before but I visited a working girl and now want to get tested as I rightly should.

Do GUM Clinics check your details such as your name and address or can I fake those and get away with it?

Also, do they all offer the on the spot pin prick HIV test or does this depend on the clinic?

Thanks

Why should you 'rightly' get tested, did you have unprotected sex, do you always get tested after having sex?

Yes you can fake your details, you can elect not to have results posted to you and instead have results texted and or phoned to you.

The one I went to to on Monday included a test for HIV and syphillis, but the results for them take longer than the other stuff tested for which takes a fortnight.

Edited by mike52

Thanks

Get tested every 3 months as a matter of course but not after every visit to a WG. FFS I would have to ask them for a camp-bed!

As regards an HIV test, give them a false name and address anyway so your insurance isn't buggered up and then tell the GUM clinic that you had unprotected sex and you were not sure she was not on drugs. That tends to ensure they give you an HIV test.

you are allowed not to give your real name,but you have to give them

maybe your number or email address to send your results to you.

And again please always have protected sex.

The clinics are always ultra discreet so you should not have any concerns ......

The clinics are always ultra discreet so you should not have any concerns ......

????????????????????

Forgive me for laughing my arse off here.

This is the NHS we are discussing here and it is staffed by lowly paid people, especially in the back office places like Medical Records.

I just give them a false name, address etc and NO NHS or NI number. They have a mobile number for me which is my punting phone.

That way there are no "accidental" calls possible to my GP who also is my wife's GP.

I have no worries that the GUM clinicians would be indiscreet or would not give me excellent advice and treatment but their clerks have to be seen to be believed and in the main are jobsworths.

Private clinics never link your tests to your NHS records, or need to know your real name. You can also get postal (urine) screening for common STDs.

what ghen says is right

dont give your personal details to ANYONE unless you want them made public.

Thanks

URRRRM why rightly so which I know mike52 asked.....Do you think WG's get tested after every client..... :angry:

Why should you 'rightly' get tested, did you have unprotected sex, do you always get tested after having sex?

Yes you can fake your details, you can elect not to have results posted to you and instead have results texted and or phoned to you.

The one I went to to on Monday included a test for HIV and syphillis, but the results for them take longer than the other stuff tested for which takes a fortnight.

I'd rather have the GUM communicate with my GP and other NHS records. Why?because if I'm ill I want the best treatment. A female friend I had some years ago had an awful time going between GUM, and her GP over some pain she was having around her low abdominal area. Because the GUM has a policy of non-communication, the GP kept telling her to go get tested that he believed it to be an STD problem. She would go back saying she had the all clear, and he didn't believe she'd had the specific tests he'd instructed.

As you can see it caused a lot of problems and she suffered for much longer than she might.