Claire

New Forum - Look Down!

22 posts in this topic

We now have a new forum for all threads relating to health issues around punting. You will find it at the bottom of the list - please make use of it!

Sounds more like a ploy to marginalise the debate. This is a central issue and should not be sidelined. There are encouraging signs that people are starting to become more alert to the avoidable risks.

Sounds more like a ploy to marginalise the debate. This is a central issue and should not be sidelined. There are encouraging signs that people are starting to become more alert to the avoidable risks.

It's nothing to do with 'marginalising' anything. It hasn't been 'sidelined, it's not a 'sub-forum'. The threads all still exist, and they can be added to and discussed as usual. Heck, I've even gone to the bother of pointing out where they've gone!

It is simply not necessary to have hundreds of threads on the same subject all on the front page of the main board.

I've just popped in to have a look at it. Happy place isn't it :blink: ? Maybe the mods could consider advertising it by hiring someone to walk up and down Oxford St with a sandwich board declaring "the end is nigh" :lol:

P.S. Sorry about the above, it's a good idea really - honest !

Don't agree... in principle a dedicated health board, just like the legalities and legislation board, will enable people to find relevant information quickly and will prevent important debates being drowned out by the 'noise' of the rest of this board... however, it would be better if the health board appeared either after or before the legalities and legislation board.

B

Edited by bacchus

I've just popped in to have a look at it. Happy place isn't it :blink: ? Maybe the mods could consider advertising it by hiring someone to walk up and down Oxford St with a sandwich board declaring "the end is nigh" :lol:

P.S. Sorry about the above, it's a good idea really - honest !

Nice one NW !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe the mods could consider advertising it by hiring someone to walk up and down Oxford St with a sandwich board declaring "the end is nigh" :lol:

Wouldn't Berwick or Romilly Streets be more apt?

Seriously though it is a good idea, I just hope the more informative threads don't get drowned out by the same repetetive points?

Edited by Sheepy11

I agree -- ' out of sight, out of mind' comes to mind .!

It's nothing to do with 'marginalising' anything. It hasn't been 'sidelined, it's not a 'sub-forum'. The threads all still exist, and they can be added to and discussed as usual. Heck, I've even gone to the bother of pointing out where they've gone!

It is simply not necessary to have hundreds of threads on the same subject all on the front page of the main board.

Yes, its absolutely necessary- Health is the most important issue surrounding punting.The threads are on on the front page of the main boaed because people want to and should talk about them even though they fear and dislike the subjects too. My calculation would be that moving the thread down under will result in a marked drop in the no.of threads and posts on these extremely important issues and I guess that is the intention of the authority here.Its not going to increase the exposure of these issues.Its like moving a shop off the high street and down a side street--- shoppers can still go there if they want to but the reality is that they are are less ikely to do so. Time will tell if I am right.

I agree -- ' out of sight, out of mind' comes to mind .!

Yes, its absolutely necessary- Health is the most important issue surrounding punting.The threads are on on the front page of the main boaed because people want to and should talk about them even though they fear and dislike the subjects too. My calculation would be that moving the thread down under will result in a marked drop in the no.of threads and posts on these extremely important issues and I guess that is the intention of the authority here.Its not going to increase the exposure of these issues.Its like moving a shop off the high street and down a side street--- shoppers can still go there if they want to but the reality is that they are are less ikely to do so. Time will tell if I am right.

The Mod badge constrains me from saying what I really think in reply to that pompous and accusatory post.

Suffice to say, I personally (so when you point that finger, make sure you point it at me)asked G for a separate place for these threads BECAUSE THEY ALL SAY THE SAME THING. People don't seem to have the sense to post on an existing thread to add their opinions, but feel the need to have their 'own' thread!

The positioning of the new forum was not my decision, I assume he just 'added it to the list' of forums and it automatically goes at the bottom. If you think it should be higher, I will ask him if it can be moved.

The Mod badge constrains me from saying what I really think in reply to that pompous and accusatory post.

Suffice to say, I personally (so when you point that finger, make sure you point it at me)asked G for a separate place for these threads BECAUSE THEY ALL SAY THE SAME THING. People don't seem to have the sense to post on an existing thread to add their opinions, but feel the need to have their 'own' thread!

The positioning of the new forum was not my decision, I assume he just 'added it to the list' of forums and it automatically goes at the bottom. If you think it should be higher, I will ask him if it can be moved.

Dont see anything ' pompous ' about my post. Nothing unusual about repetition on the main board. The proof will be in the pudding.

Putting stuff in a separate forum/board does not inevitably equal oblivion. The massage info used to be mixed in with the requests for information and since it was split out into a dedicated board the massage discussion does not seem to have lacked activity ;) or vibrancy.

I suspect there may be fewer threads in the new H & S board, but a similar or increased number of views given that I would guess that there is likely to be a reduced amount of repetition which is a good thing imo.

Putting stuff in a separate forum/board does not inevitably equal oblivion. The massage info used to be mixed in with the requests for information and since it was split out into a dedicated board the massage discussion does not seem to have lacked activity ;) or vibrancy.

I suspect there may be fewer threads in the new H & S board, but a similar or increased number of views given that I would guess that there is likely to be a reduced amount of repetition which is a good thing imo.

With Claire and the Vicar here, there are to many repetetive threads on the the main board, it does get drowned out with the same old stuff and questions being posted again and again.

Edited by mike52

I love you, Claire! I know that I probably have passed my sell-by date but it you will still have me, I am yours for as long as you like, as often as you like!

I DO love a woman who has a good head, a great sense of humour and an abundance of common sense! Galahad chose wisely when you received your Mod badge!

If anything, the forums need even tighter 'modding', with fewer frivolous threads, a ban on assinine 'polls', less mind-numbing repetition and a bit more levity. An occasional reminder that Punternet was founded to celebrate the joys of punting, to share information about our various punts through the medium of the Field Report and provide an healthy interface between WGs and Punters clearly is needed. Vox Populi should be welcome as long as it stays more or less within those parameters. The internet is rife with forums and discussion sites for the pontificaters who feel compelled to share their gloom with like-minded Jeremiahs. A pox on all of their houses, which probably will make them very happy! :rolleyes:

I'm with you there, Tiggy! Well, mostly: I know that I'm past my sell-by.

Serious threads tend to get lost in the throng on the Main Board - at least I find it so. Grouping threads (as has happened with 'Legalities') guides me to areas in which I have a direct interest, and also seems to improve the quality of posts on those topics. I'm very supportive of Health being given that treatment, although I also feel that it could be moved up the list to help to give it some prominence.

It's certainly a blessed relief to know that references to Russian roulette can now be confined to a separate area.

It's certainly a blessed relief to know that references to Russian roulette can now be confined to a separate area.

One DOES wonder whether some of these guys are actually punters! I say 'guys' because most women are too sensible to bother shouting repetitive mantras. No one, repeat, NO ONE posting on these boards is ignorant of the dangers of HIV/AIDS or other STDs. Period, full stop, end of discussion! Very few are stupid enough to take the risks that Cumandgo (and his clones) seem to think they are revealing to mankind and those few are not likely to be dissuaded by a jerk bellowing into a megaphone. :rolleyes:

the different boards have no effect on me as I always use the view new content click at the top.

But the comment about modding is true. if someone starts a duplicate thread, the mods should move it onto an existing thread

yeah yeah, i know, it would increase the mods workload so prob wont happen. Praps when someone starts a new thread a pop up could come to say 'have you considered adding this to an existing thread?'

Nonsense to say that no-one is ignorant of the risks. People don't understand many risks - e.g. cold sores to genital herpes.

However I see my posts are being removed now. So the truth is obviously not welcome here.

However I see my posts are being removed now. So the truth is obviously not welcome here.

Your posts have not been removed - they have been relocated to the appropriate forum.

WOW talk about shoot Claire down..... :angry: what is wrong with everyone, some people need help on health issues and there are some people outthere that like to help!!!! (Honest) All Claire has done is tidy up a bit, housework is what us women call it and most men find they get a headache when things are too tidy :D ......

C'mon stop sniping and digging at everyone and let try and be happy bunnies :P:rolleyes:

Totally agree with Bunny.

I have said on another thread that talking to the health professionals at the clinic where I get tested the big no no is bareback full sex, oral without either way although not risk free is providing you don’t have cuts or sores in your mouth or genitals a low risk activity and I fully enjoy it with Lovely ladies willing to offer it. If others disagree then that’s up to them what’s a forum for if not for people to disagree and discuss.

However with the strength of opinion felt by some on this topic I think having a separate forum to have these discussions on this topic, away from the main forum is great and that Claire should be applauded for bringing this about, not derided.

Well done Claire.

Time to close this before my head gets too big.

:D