AA5B

"the AA5B attempt to derail the New Forum Thread" Thread

14 posts in this topic

Tiggy - that is simply not true. If that was true then far fewer people would be having unprotected oral sex for one thing.

Most people are quite uninformed about STDs, especially HPV and HSV. I bet if you asked people if you could get genital herpes from a woman with an oral cold sore they would say no, when the opposite is true and there are many other examples.

People are making money from this site and commercial sex - that's fine. Let's just make it safe sex. I don't think moderators should be connected with the business of punting in any way, because it is a conflict of interest.

People are making money from this site and commercial sex - that's fine. Let's just make it safe sex.

AA5B do you not think that adults should be able to make that choice for themselves? If people are worried about risks associated with oral without either or both ways, sex with or without a condom, anal, kissing or anything else, they know where to look. But the increasingly aggressive debate was just cluttering up this forum for those of us who have already done our research and decided which risks we want to take (and I'm saying that as a lady who doesn't do OWO despite a lot of pressure from people on this board among others to change that!). There is no such thing as safe sex, only 'safer' sex, and everyone can choose for themselves how much 'safer' they want it to be.

AA5B do you not think that adults should be able to make that choice for themselves? If people are worried about risks associated with oral without either or both ways, sex with or without a condom, anal, kissing or anything else, they know where to look. But the increasingly aggressive debate was just cluttering up this forum for those of us who have already done our research and decided which risks we want to take (and I'm saying that as a lady who doesn't do OWO despite a lot of pressure from people on this board among others to change that!). There is no such thing as safe sex, only 'safer' sex, and everyone can choose for themselves how much 'safer' they want it to be.

so i go to a punt, use condoms, no kissing, use dental dam for oral.

then pile my car up on the way home and start pushing up daiseys.

how safe is that?

Edited by Coventrypunter

so i go to a punt, use condoms, no kissing, use dental dam for oral.

then pile my car up on the way homeand start pushing up daiseys.

how safe is that?

Exactly :) All you can do in life is minimize the risks you take - but not to the point where you take all your enjoyment out in the process! I think it's good that there's ladies who offer everything from no holes barred bareback right up to no fingering without latex gloves, no kissing and condoms and dams for everything. Everyone can have fun in their own comfort zone :)

I suppose if there were categories of WG - e.g. Safe and Unsafe - then people have a choice.

This choice does not exist - for whatever reasons (mainly ignorance)- nearly all WGs are doing unsafe OWO. This puts others at risk.

It's irresponsible and this site should roundly condemn it, instead it has a go a me. That's really mature.

AA5B I'm confused - those catagories DO exist. Not labled that way - but almost all ladies advertise what services they offer. And why not? Offering bareback keeps you VERY busy (a lady posted on another forum I frequent, about how she had acciendtly checked the bareback box on her likes list, and was inundated with booking requests and emails even though it was only for a few hours), and OWO is a must for a lot of men. Not many are going to claim not to when they do - because offering those services is very good for business! So, simply search for ladies who don't offer bareback or OWO. If you're really worried, avoid ladies who recieve oral or allow kissing (although I don't think there's many of those because it would be very hard to get any work with those kinds of rules - but if people become more and more worried about disease who knows? Create demand and supply will follow). Sites like 'The other site' allow searches by services.

I suppose if there were categories of WG - e.g. Safe and Unsafe - then people have a choice.

This choice does not exist - for whatever reasons (mainly ignorance)- nearly all WGs are doing unsafe OWO. This puts others at risk.

It's irresponsible and this site should roundly condemn it, instead it has a go a me. That's really mature.

Most people are more than capable of judging the level of risk which is acceptable to them. The fact that your threshold is so low is probably of little interest to most of them.

Of your 78 posts to date the vast majority of them have been singularly repetitive, not to say verging on the boring. If you do feel that you have a mission to save us all then good luck, but just consider that maybe this Messianic zeal will have quite the opposite effect.

Not exactly true - bareback anal is patently unsafe; masturbation is patently safe (providing she cuts her nails and wears rubber gloves - hypoallergenic of course). All other activities fall somewhere between the two, largely under the banner of being very low risk. 99% of punters are sufficiently educated to set a sensible boundary and don't require being preached to.

This choice does not exist

I suspect you haven't punted, possibly an interloper from some religious group?

- for whatever reasons (mainly ignorance)- nearly all WGs are doing unsafe OWO.

Aprat from GUM clinic staff, working ladies must be the most clued up group on STDs around - you sound like an unfortunate cross between Andy Gray and James Anderton 'God's Cop'

This puts others at risk.

You clearly just don't understand the concept of risk, and in this case the medical evidence which quantifies it. Please climb down off your pulpit and leave the adults in this forum to make and live with their own informed choices, regardless of whether you agree with them or not.

Firstly, the title of the thread is an absurd slur. I merely replied to an existing thread on the other part of the forum (as others had done).

Secondly, anyone who goes around calling people demented is rude and on a well managed site would be subject to some sort of moderation.

I make a point of being factual and polite. If only others did the same... However since this site apparently does not want informed debate, so be it.

Edited by AA5B

Firstly, the title of the thread is an absurd slur. I merely replied to an existing thread on the other part of the forum (as others had done).

Secondly, anyone who goes around calling people demented is rude and on a well managed site would be subject to some sort of moderation.

I make a point of being factual and polite. If only others did the same... However since this site apparently does not want informed debate, so be it.

You have an interesting pproach to posting, as I note that you also posted above "People are making money from this site and commercial sex - that's fine. Let's just make it safe sex. I don't think moderators should be connected with the business of punting in any way, because it is a conflict of interest."

I think that your two remarks need to be taken together, and imo demonstrate a tenuous grip on the real world.

Firstly, if you think that someone is rude to you in a post, and that their post falls outside the posting rules, then report it rather than whinge about it. However, it is worth remembering that if you want to complain about others, that you in turn need to be squeaky clean in terms of what you write in your posts.

As far as your ideas on sourcing moderators, are you proposing some kind of subscription charge to fund externally appointed moderators? How are they to be recruited? and remunerated? and who will decide if they are being sufficiently impartial etc.?

The mods on here (and I was one for a time) do the work out of their own time and seek to do so evenhandedly and fairly. It can however get tiresome when from time to time a non-punter/WG comes on here with a specific agenda, has their say, and then on discovering that they haven't converted everyone to their cause (something I experience all too often :( ) then starts getting repetitious, and banging on and on about their pet theory.

You are assuming I am a non-punter. However I never comment on what I personally have done or have not done.

You are still using rather emotive language. I don't "bang on" about a theory - there is no doubt that OWO is ubitiquous and risky. Exactly how risky is a matter for debate of course, but if BBC3 are showing oral sex cancer victims then I don't think I am making it up.

Again "tenous grip on the real world" is quite insulting - why not just say "it's hard to find moderators who are not in this position"?

I think if you provide services and also moderate debate over whether they are safe, that is a conflict of interest. You are free to politely disagree.

People here need to learn to respect others views, and avoid making personal remarks. This is not about personalities, it is about the subject matter. Free feel to correct any factual errors I have made in my posts.

You are assuming I am a non-punter. However I never comment on what I personally have done or have not done.

You are still using rather emotive language. I don't "bang on" about a theory - there is no doubt that OWO is ubitiquous and risky. Exactly how risky is a matter for debate of course, but if BBC3 are showing oral sex cancer victims then I don't think I am making it up.

Again "tenous grip on the real world" is quite insulting - why not just say "it's hard to find moderators who are not in this position"?

I think if you provide services and also moderate debate over whether they are safe, that is a conflict of interest. You are free to politely disagree.

People here need to learn to respect others views, and avoid making personal remarks. This is not about personalities, it is about the subject matter. Free feel to correct any factual errors I have made in my posts.

As others have already posted, this is a forum for grown-ups, and grown-ups are expected to have the ability to make their own judgements and decisions. I am yet to meet someone who makes the correct decision every time, and we wouldn't be human if we all made the same decision when presented with an identical set of facts. I'm happy to be pragmatic and accept that reality, are you?

In the meantime I have a great urge to write a lengthy sermon which I'm sure will convince everyone to behave just the way I think they should B)

Most people are (or were) unaware of the full STI facts and therefore cannot make an informed judgement. The entire site exists to provide information. I have made generally short and factual posts.

I think some punters are worried that OWO will disappear as a service if the health risks are debated. That won't happen. It would be better (in my view) if there was a choice of even a small number of WGs who adopt safer practices, but that is their choice as long as they (and clients) understand the risks.

Judging from the frequent poor spelling and grammar (on the website we can't name) I don't think the level of education is universally high. Did someone post that I was from a religious group (what - one that approves of safe punting?!) - one fact I will give you is that I am 100% atheist.

I am not here to debate myself, so I will refrain from posting anything further unless forced to do so.

Edited by AA5B

Most people are (or were) unaware of the full STI facts and therefore cannot make an informed judgement. The entire site exists to provide information. I have made generally short and factual posts.

Not sure whether I would agree - On the contrary, it appears that most on here are well aware of the risks of unprotected oral, but choose to make their own judgements regardless. I am aware of your posts, and agree that they are educational and useful for the members who want that additional level of info. Alas not all share your same sense of urgency or interest though, and no amount of warning will alter that.

I think some punters are worried that OWO will disappear as a service if the health risks are debated. That won't happen. It would be better (in my view) if there was a choice of even a small number of WGs who adopt safer practices, but that is their choice as long as they (and clients) understand the risks.

Perhaps the majority of punters on here do prefer OWO, but I feel that if WGs opted more for safer OW - UK wide, then most punters would [ have to ] accept this. I dont think posting in depth information about STIs in your posts will have any affect on the current WGs service offerings, so I doubt that there are too many punters 'fearing' your revalations in this regard. I myself agree with some of the safer sex methods and would indeed welcome more WGs adopting them, and I beleive this will happen in time, but not all WGs will have the luxury of choice on this matter.

Judging from the frequent poor spelling and grammar (on the website we can't name) I don't think the level of education is universally high. Did someone post that I was from a religious group (what - one that approves of safe punting?!) - one fact I will give you is that I am 100% atheist.

I am not here to debate myself, so I will refrain from posting anything further unless forced to do so.

Well, not all forum members have had the benefit of your education - Richard D, have they now??! :D