Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Joanna Manchester

The Worst Start To A New Year I Have Known

15 posts in this topic

This has got to be the worst start to a New Year I can remember. Inbetween Christmas and New year I started with Pneumonia which combined with my asthma totally wiped me out. I had to cancel all my bookings and just felt so awful I switched my work phone off and didn't even go on line for weeks, going to the doctors and hospital for X-rays involved getting a cab. Anyway I'm now feeling a lot better and have decided to start advertising and return to work from next week, apologies to anyone from here who tried getting in touch.

Yip if there is ever another justification of charges it has to be factoring in unplanned time off, there is no sick pay.

I had similar end of last year, the busiest time of the year one thing or another came up and had to miss weeks at a time, its no fun.

S x

This has got to be the worst start to a New Year I can remember. Inbetween Christmas and New year I started with Pneumonia which combined with my asthma totally wiped me out. I had to cancel all my bookings and just felt so awful I switched my work phone off and didn't even go on line for weeks, going to the doctors and hospital for X-rays involved getting a cab. Anyway I'm now feeling a lot better and have decided to start advertising and return to work from next week, apologies to anyone from here who tried getting in touch.

All the best for the rest of 2011 x

All the best for the rest of 2011 x

Thank you, and yes Sabrina you're right, it's worrying when you have no income for a month.

Hi Joanna,

Sorry to hear yu have been ill. I also had a nasty flu and it really knocked me around for a few weeks.

You should be having a flu jab (maybe you did) because you are in the "at risk group", i.e. asthma. I'm not sure it is best advice for you now but you can also get a pneumonia jab against a large amount of the infection causes (but you don't have to have it every year). Pneumonia can leave long term damage on the lungs in some cases.

Hope the year improves for you.

Ditto,

I had a flu that wiped me out. Didn't even have an erection for over two weeks and no inclination to punt whatsoever.

That has left the naughty fund topped up though and Mrs Akan has booked a trip with a college friend so browsing & scheming.

Sorry to hear all the bad news, but I'm lucky enough to say that I've had the best January since records began (and I had the jab).

Hi Joanna, ouch what a horible time to get ill, hope you made the best you could of your christmas & new year.

At least you had the sense to get medical help & i hope you are in better form now.

At least the new year can only get better for you. :D

xxxxx

BVK

Hi Joanna, ouch what a horible time to get ill, hope you made the best you could of your christmas & new year.

At least you had the sense to get medical help & i hope you are in better form now.

At least the new year can only get better for you. :D

xxxxx

BVK

It's so annoying when it's one thing after another like that. Hope you are ok now, and spring is coming! :D

.., and spring is coming!

While swiftly wishing Joanna back on her feet (or here, should that be "on her back"?) I'd love to know your authority for suggesting that spring is coming!

It snowing here today, again!

Anyway, stay warm!

Edited by Irgendeiner

So glad you are now on the road to recovery, and can start making up for your loss of earnings. ;) x x

So pleased to hear the good news that you're recovering. As an "admirer" I was concerned at your absence from the scene. January draws to an end on a happy note !

While swiftly wishing Joanna back on her feet (or here, should that be "on her back"?) I'd love to know your authority for suggesting that spring is coming!

It snowing here today, again!

Anyway, stay warm!

Easter Eggs and Hot Cross buns in the shops?

Oh and it can snow in June y'know (said in strong Westmeeerian).

Edited by Strawberry

Easter Eggs and Hot Cross buns in the shops?

And Easter is quite late this year, crazy.

Oh well, listing back on here, appointments being made, it will be rather strange after a month away, but I suppose having food in the cupboard again will be nice ;)

Ditto,

I had a flu that wiped me out. Didn't even have an erection for over two weeks and no inclination to punt whatsoever.

That has left the naughty fund topped up though and Mrs Akan has booked a trip with a college friend so browsing & scheming.

That must have been an incredibly debilitating flu Akan - even after giving a pint of blood an erection is possible. In fact I once saw my fave WG and explained I just wanted a sexy time with kissing and mutual massage as 'performing' was unlikely as it hasn't happened before so soon after, and she still surprised me and made me come. She seemed happy and proud, but you can never be too sure what someone is really thinking. But the point is an erection is usually possible when you don't think it is. I think Lenny Bruce has a routine about a building collapse victim, bleeding leg, tourniquet, strapped to a stretcher, thrown in the back of an ambulance, female paramedic taking his pulse and blood pressure, and he's still gettting Aroused!

Get well soon :)