whatsyourstory

What's Your Story?

30 posts in this topic

Hello!

We thought we should start by telling you a little about ourselves and our project.

We are four female students living and studying in London. Our degree focuses on current social and political issues and promotes investigation and discussion.

We have chosen to create a piece of theatre focusing on female sex workers. This is part of our degree, but it means much more to us than a grade!

We want to create a piece of performance that gives an honest portrayal of the industry, created and inspired by real life stories from individuals who we believe should not be kept silent. We hope that you can help us try to fit the pieces together to see the real picture.

You can be involved as much or as little as you like after leaving your story but we would like everyone who shares with us to have an opportunity for ongoing input into our work so you can feel that your words are not being twisted or distorted!

We will keep our blog updated with the progress of our script - whatsyourstory2.blogspot.com

Thanks!

E, H, H and N

P.S. All stories and experiences have the potential to appear in the final script, so please ensure that you are comfortable for this to happen, or state otherwise. We are also able to keep comments screened on the blog so only us four will be able to see them! Let us know if you’d prefer this.

Everyone,

I have already checked to make sure this is legitimate, so keep all the flippant replies to yourselves!

We want to create a piece of performance that gives an honest portrayal of the industry, created and inspired by real life stories from individuals who we believe should not be kept silent. We hope that you can help us try to fit the pieces together to see the real picture.

You can be involved as much or as little as you like after leaving your story but we would like everyone who shares with us to have an opportunity for ongoing input into our work so you can feel that your words are not being twisted or distorted!

Perhaps it would be more beneficial if you could be a bit more specific about the information you're looking for ;

- How did we get into it ?

- What motivates us in our work ?

- What we find difficult ?

- What we find rewarding ?

- Our views on rad fems and moral supremacists ?

- Our typical working day ?

- The difficulties in stigma ?

- Having two different lives ?

- What it's like to actually do an appointment ?

- The relationship between groups of working girls ?

I wish you the best with your project. :)

Of course Laura Lee you are right.

However we are hoping that the direction of the Project comes directly from the participants involved (namely yourselves.)

Therefore what we are perhaps looking for is what is the most important aspect of your life for you?

We have talked to women who feel that their primary concern is the legalisation of the indsutry, media repersentation or even something as seemingly mundance as what to cook for dinner.

All of this infromation is recieved with thanks and will shape the project, hopefully preventing us from enforcing our own ideologies onto the piece.

Therefore, Vulvasailor, if you would like to tell us a story of a day in your life, never mentioning the word prostitution as you sugessted, it well could be that this forms the centre of our work!

Thanks

H

Are yo looking for input from blokes as to why we use these ladies?

BVK

Are yo looking for input from blokes as to why we use these ladies?

BVK

Any stories or experience would be useful.

Feel free to message me or use the blog - whatsyourstory2.blogspot.com

hopefully preventing us from enforcing our own ideologies onto the piece.

In view of the considerable inputs from members in the past to other requests for assistance, but the disappointing end results, it would perhaps be helpful if you could clarify the above statement at this early stage. In particular, what are the ideologies are that you hope not to enforce onto the piece. Nothing personal, but......

In view of the considerable inputs from members in the past to other requests for assistance, but the disappointing end results, it would perhaps be helpful if you could clarify the above statement at this early stage. In particular, what are the ideologies are that you hope not to enforce onto the piece. Nothing personal, but......

No worries, I would be happy to.

For arguments sake, if a member of the group was staunchly against sex work and felt it went again women's rights it would be very easy for us to create a piece of theatre refelcting this without consulting the individuals involved or consulting these individuals and then twisting their words to reflect how the creator feels.

We wish to avoid this, whatever our personal feeling are we wish to ensure that the thread and general ethos of our piece come first hand from the individuals in question. It is for this reason that we have chosen to use the 'Verbatim' style of theatre and also give contributors the chance to see the piece at different points in its development.

Hope that answered your question!

H

Flippant response:

We want to create a piece of performance that gives an honest portrayal of the industry

is that I would happily pay £150 to do it on stage, for real, with a WG, if you could incorporate that into a play - the punt could even be as a background ( behind a clear glass screen perhaps, so you see it but could have a normal play running up stage front ).

This is not too far out, as when you punt, you are often paying to be an actor in your own fantasy. The reason for putting it as background is that real punts are not that interesting to watch for an outsider for very long.

Serious response:

the story from Chapter 11 ( Ed, Ruth, Ed & Lester ) of Madam by Lora Shaner could be worked into a script by a talented writer and contains enough characters to make for a play

My God,,, The country is about to be saved at last !!

We are so lucky to have a group of female students who have enough forsight to see that what we lack in the UK is anyone seriously qualified enough to be an authority on female sex workers. I am sorry girls, but really, is this the best alternative to Travel and Tourism that you could come up with ? :D

Its not a flipant comment, its honest, and if its deleted by your fan, then so be it ! :lol: :lol:

My God,,, The country is about to be saved at last !!

We are so lucky to have a group of female students who have enough forsight best to see that what we lack in the UK is anyone seriously qualified enough to be an authority on female sex workers. I am sorry girls, but really, is this the alternative to Travel and Tourism that you could come up with ? :D

Its not a flipant comment, its honest, and if its deleted by your fan, then so be it ! :lol: :lol:

I apologise on behalf of the group if our request has somewhat insulted you, but if all it has done it cause you to smile then I see no harm in that!

If you read what we have posted above you would see that we claim to be no authority on the subject at all - that title can only be held by the individuals involved. We are third year undergraduates who have noticed that there is a lack of Verbatim work covering this sort of area and have made the decision to explore this.

I hope that you and others can see that we mean no harm through our work and do not intend to be patronising in the slightest.

You comment was indeed not flippant and obviously based on experience, but belitting our degree and our studies hardly seems neccessary

H

I think you should also try this forum as well

Forum

I hope you find enough Wgs to make your effort worthwhile and a big thank you for going some way to giving our WGs a voice.

Working Girls have had a huge positive impact on my life and will be a good part of the reason I die with a big smile on my face.

Hello!

We thought we should start by telling you a little about ourselves and our project.

We are four female students living and studying in London. Our degree focuses on current social and political issues and promotes investigation and discussion.

We have chosen to create a piece of theatre focusing on female sex workers. This is part of our degree, but it means much more to us than a grade!

We will keep our blog updated with the progress of our script - whatsyourstory2.blogspot.com

Thanks!

E, H, H and N

P.S. All stories and experiences have the potential to appear in the final script, so please ensure that you are comfortable for this to happen, or state otherwise. We are also able to keep comments screened on the blog so only us four will be able to see them! Let us know if you’d prefer this.

Do you want the boring average of all our meetings with sauna girls, or do you want the experience that is the most theatrical, at the expense of it being atypical? I shall give you both.

The boring average:-

Drive to the sauna, and walk in. There are three girls working. One is overweight. Another has an unfriendly-looking face. Better wait for the third girl, who is busy with a customer. When she does appear down the stairs, she is not much more attractive than the other two, but she will do. Pay the money and go upstairs with her. She leaves the room for five minutes to allow me to get undressed. When she does come in, we have a bit of small talk as she gets undressed. More small talk as she gives me a massage. The conversation seems to get nowhere. Which other saunas do you go to? How long have you been working here? What is your line of work? Which days do you work here? etc. Then, Do you want sex now? Would you like oral without first, that'll be £10 extra? Which position would you like?

That is the average. One standard deviation below that, and you get:- Don't touch me there, I don't like it. I don't kiss, so please don't try. Can't you get it up? No, I can't, not when you are so unwelcoming. At its worst, it can become combattive and unpleasant, with her the aggressor. The opposite of what I have come for.

One standard deviation above the average, and you get a sexually-responsive girl who realises that the reason the customer is there is that he wants some female company, and some feminine softness, with a girl who understands the importance of human contact, and skin-to-skin contact. The session is friendlier, and involves some genuine conversation as well as the eventual sex. At its best, it is a relaxing experience.

The extraordinary session:-

I went to my usual sauna, where all the girls knew me. When I saw all the girls on offer, I chose Gemma, who was new to the sauna. She looked a bit anxious. After I had paid the money, and just before I reached the stairs, Lisa (another one of the girls) came up to me with a worried expression on her face. "Could you please be very kind and gentle to Gemma, this is her first time and she is a little anxious?" -- "Yes, of course, I am always kind and considerate to all the girls I go with".

Gemma came into the room, and nervously undressed. Then she started a really poor massage. Every muscle in her body was tense, and she was so dysfunctional that she could not really control her movements. I put up with this for a few minutes, thinking that this was going to be probably the worst visit I had ever had. How could I honour my promise, yet turn the session around?

I formulated a plan of action. I said to her "You're new to the business, aren't you?" "Yes", she squeaked back, barely audible. "Would you like me to show you a few tricks of the trade used by the other girls when they give a massage?", I suggested. "Yes", she squeaked. So I asked her to lie face down on the bed, and started to give her a massage. Every muscle in her body was tense, and she lay there as stiff as a board. "Is this nice?", I asked her. "Yes" she squeaked. Still as stiff aa a two-day old corpse, but trembling too.

I moved so that my thighs were resting gently, with not too much pressure, against the flank of her body. "Experienced working girls know how nice it is to have a little physical contact while doing a massage", I explained. "It makes the massage more intimate for the customer, which relaxes him and brings him back for repeat custom. At least, it does so for me. That's a useful trick to know, isn't it?" -- "Yes" was the usual squeak.

My plan was not working yet. But persevere, mon brave. I tickled the back of her neck, to try to get shivers running down her spine. Surely, she would like that, and it would loosen her up. A bit of firm massage (but not so firm that it would frighten her. Under no circumstances attempt to touch any of her private bits. But she was still lying there, if anything even stiffer than before; and still trembling. Terrified. A bit of conversation about this and that. But it is very difficult to have a conversation with somebody who just squeaks "Yes" to everything you say.

I decided to continue trying for another five minutes, as gently as I possibly could. If that did not work, I decided, I would just have to write off the money, and exit as humanely as I possibly could. In the meantime, keep massaging, keep tickling, and keep talking, in the hope that she would eventually relax for me.

Just as I was about to give up, I suddenly did feel her relax. Every muscle seemed, all at once, to relax completely. At last, she was starting to enjoy the massage. Another five minutes of it, just to make sure. Keep talking to her. Do everything possible to keep her relaxed.

When I judged the time right, I asked her if she would allow me to kiss her, explaining that I knew that she was not doing it for love, but it just made the sex "feel right". I think the other girls would have already explained the same point to her. Anyway, she agreed. We had a relaxing cuddle, her breasts pressing lightly into my chest, and kissing each other gently. The sex followed on naturally from there. She was good, in the end. She became my regular, for a while, until she left without explanation. She always seemed very pleased to see me, any time I turned up.

A little piece of humour from one of the working girls, which you might be able to work into your play for a bit of light relief. It made me laugh, but I'm not sure whether it was the joke itself, or the way she said it.

I went to visit my regular today, at a sauna in Manchester. She was with another customer when I arrived, so I had to sit in the waiting room with two of the other girls. One of the girls was descibing her most recent client (who had just left) to the other girl. "He was a really nice chap! Very considerate, and well-spoken too. He's one of those clients who realises that not all working girls are thick, and he had the gift of intelligent conversation with me, which was very flattering". Then, moving her hands until they were about eight or nine inches apart, the clincher:- "And he had a nice big cock."

Your blogsite is empty. I think here you may have to answer some more questions like the ones Laura Lee asked or can you tell us which posts have helped you so far?

Is your story through the eyes of a Call Girl, A punter, a parent :eek: ?

Why not put up a fake profile on ?? Everybody else does <_< , you can tell the blokes to explain their RP fantasies etc :wub: , there are men who will get a kick out of just typing about it :huh: .

Have you thought about just going into a sauna or searched for WG in your area to interview?

Also have you thought of just asking one of your classmates? :rolleyes:

In my two posts upboard, I have made a genuine attempt to answer your question. I hope that in return you will feel able to answer a question from me. The question might be a bit embarrassing for you, but that is certainly not my intention. If you do find the question embarrassing, I hope you will not find it offensive, and you need not answer. I ask you because you are the first "ordinary" (i.e. non- WG) young women I have felt able to ask such a question.

I am 68 years old, and I grew up in a world where all women had pubic hair. That is still my preference. When I started punting about 20 years ago, it was still true that most WGs still had their full crop of pubic hair. Some gave their pubic hair a light trim, to tidy it up, a few shaved it in Brazilian-style (horrible, bristly), and only a very few shaved it off completely. Nowadays, nearly every WG shaves her pubic region every day. To me, it makes them all look like Barbie dolls, not like real women.

The mystery that I want you to answer is:- Is this shaving of the pubic region something that is confined to WGs? Or is it a fashion amongst ALL young women nowadays to shave. There are four of you. How many of you are completely natural, how many lightly trimmed, and how many completely shaved?

There are four of you. How many of you are completely natural, how many lightly trimmed, and how many completely shaved?

How many of you know that about each other without even asking?

Your blogsite is empty. I think here you may have to answer some more questions like the ones Laura Lee asked or can you tell us which posts have helped you so far?

Is your story through the eyes of a Call Girl, A punter, a parent :eek: ?

Why not put up a fake profile on ?? Everybody else does <_< , you can tell the blokes to explain their RP fantasies etc :wub: , there are men who will get a kick out of just typing about it :huh: .

Have you thought about just going into a sauna or searched for WG in your area to interview?

Also have you thought of just asking one of your classmates? :rolleyes:

How many of you know that about each other without even asking?

Hi Pickyfellow

The blogsite is empty as individuals replying have tended to ask for their comment to be screened, which we gladly have done.

Your right about finding an angle on the piece which we should be doing within the next week, however like we said earlier we wanted the prominent issues and experiences of the people involved to form the basis of any artistic decisions that we make.

The fake profile thing is probably a good idea - perhaps we have indeed been too honest about our intentions!

In terms of interviewing women in other ways we have indeed done all of the things you've mentioned - we are just trying to cover all aspects of communication and this post and the blog are just one approach we are making.

And to answer your second post, you are right that as close as I am to my three colleagues I would have no idea about their pubic hair preference!

Thanks

H

And to answer your second post, you are right that as close as I am to my three colleagues I would have no idea about their pubic hair preference!

Thanks

H

If your too embarrassed to ask eachother awkward questions, then you have no right asking others. :o It should be the first thing you all do together :unsure: , so that each of you know how it actually feels to answer those questions :wub: and hence how best to pitch them :cool: . If you ask with embarrassment your replies will be polluted with mocking B) , embarrassment :blink: , half truths :ph34r: or tetchyness <_< . If you want to be taken seriously, be precise in your questions and share your personal life with them too. Otherwise you can come across as thrill seekers or even Voyeurs. Now back to the shampoo, shave or wax question girls? :P

If your too embarrassed to ask eachother awkward questions, then you have no right asking others. :o It should be the first thing you all do together :unsure: , so that each of you know how it actually feels to answer those questions :wub: and hence how best to pitch them :cool: . If you ask with embarrassment your replies will be polluted with mocking B) , embarrassment :blink: , half truths :ph34r: or tetchyness <_< . If you want to be taken seriously, be precise in your questions and share your personal life with them too. Otherwise you can come across as thrill seekers or even Voyeurs. Now back to the shampoo, shave or wax question girls? :P

So let me get this straight.

Anybody who wants to interview others about personal matters should first ask their mates personal questions? Really? Ya think?

Girls, I'd be happy to answer you, but I warn you, the dullness may cure your insomnia.

In my two posts upboard, I have made a genuine attempt to answer your question. I hope that in return you will feel able to answer a question from me. The question might be a bit embarrassing for you, but that is certainly not my intention. If you do find the question embarrassing, I hope you will not find it offensive, and you need not answer. I ask you because you are the first "ordinary" (i.e. non- WG) young women I have felt able to ask such a question.

I am 68 years old, and I grew up in a world where all women had pubic hair. That is still my preference. When I started punting about 20 years ago, it was still true that most WGs still had their full crop of pubic hair. Some gave their pubic hair a light trim, to tidy it up, a few shaved it in Brazilian-style (horrible, bristly), and only a very few shaved it off completely. Nowadays, nearly every WG shaves her pubic region every day. To me, it makes them all look like Barbie dolls, not like real women.

The mystery that I want you to answer is:- Is this shaving of the pubic region something that is confined to WGs? Or is it a fashion amongst ALL young women nowadays to shave. There are four of you. How many of you are completely natural, how many lightly trimmed, and how many completely shaved?

I find it bizarre that you'd ask the ladies this question, but as (due to my other job) I'm in a position to answer it, allow me to step in.

IME, from dealing with NON WG women aged between 18 and around 50'ish, although occasionally up as far as 85:

Most 18-25 year old ladies now shave completely, or leave a landing strip.

Most ladies 25-45 carry out some kind of pubic hair-care although it's more likely to be a trim/tidy-up than the full wax.

Most 45 year old plus ladies laugh at this conversation and say 'Oh, I can't be arsed any more, it's not like anyone sees it these days'.

One 85 year old lady surprised the whole room by saying 'Oh yes, I whip the whole lot off, you've gotta keep up with the trends haven't you'. Fair play, my old duck!

So let me get this straight. okay :rolleyes:

Anybody :huh: who wants to interview others about personal matters should first ask their mates personal questions? :blink: Really? Ya think? yes, thats why I said it?! :rolleyes:

....no, no wait a minute now you've got me confused.... :wacko:

Girls, I'd be happy to answer you, but I warn you, the dullness may cure your insomnia.

Although to put IT MORE clearly I was saying they should ask EACHOTHER as they are working together when doing this particular story. Dont you want to know what the girl likes if your doing a 3some? As opposed to their friends who are not working in their team. You wouldnt ask your gynocologist if she liked fingers, would you?:huh:

If your too embarrassed to ask eachother awkward questions, then you have no right asking others. :o

Hi again Pickyfellow,

I never said I wouldn't ask the girls, nor that we do not know embarrassing things about eachother (believe me we do!) but simply that without asking about this area in particular I would have no idea!

I'm sure we could handle the 'dullness', Highland Amanda, if you would like to share - it would be greatly appreciated!

H

If your too embarrassed to ask eachother awkward questions, then you have no right asking others. ......

x

x

x

.... Otherwise you can come across as thrill seekers or even Voyeurs.

By the same logic:- If you are too overcome by stage fright to perform at the London Palladium yourself, then you have no right to go and see Michael MacIntyre do it.

x

x

x

Every man on this board who has ever visited a sauna, or hired an escort, is a thrill seeker. So are many (but perhaps not all) of the female users of this board. Where's the harm in being a thrill-seeker? Is this a case of people in glass houses ...?

By the same logic:- If you are ?unable? too overcome by stage fright to perform at the London Palladium yourself, then you have no right to go and see Michael MacIntyre do it.

x

x

x

Every man on this board who has ever visited a sauna, or hired an escort, is a thrill seeker. So are many (but perhaps not all) of the female users of this board. Where's the harm in being a thrill-seeker? Is this a case of people in glass houses ...?

Thanks for taking this topic so S e iR i o u s L y Don B) .

When you were mulling over all this, did you overlook the fact that money would be paid to see Mr McIntyre do something that most people can not, ie entertain. I could certainly perform on the stage in the Palladium :huh: ... if empty :rolleyes: . I would assume though if people paid and I was, as I assure you I would be, terrible they would soon heckle, mock, even tease perhaps, wouldnt they?

I would also say that if I were in the audience of Mr McIntyres theatre I would doubt I would be allowed to interact with him, that surely something for the groupies backstage?

In my beauticians the other day I had no right to serve customers, as I dont work their. But surely if I have the money I am allowed to be served? This does not entitle me - to my knowledge- to ask questions about my beauticians sex life, nor Michaels :blink:

Edited by Pickyfellow