Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ladyB

Whats The Best Excuse You Have Had For Cancelling An Appointment?

15 posts in this topic

Just wondered what the best excuse or least convincing story for having an appointment cancelled. :lol::blink:

The only excuse I ever made was "I just realised your pictures are fake". Hopefully someone else can come up with better than that! Aren't car crashes, heart attacks and deaths in the family the usual excuse? Never understood why guys make up wild stories. If I just couldn't be bothered to turn up I think I'd pinch my nose and say I've got a cold, surely that would work every time?

True, and therefore convincing (all at short notice while I was on my way):

My period has just started!

I've got a bad tooth!

I'm feeling absolutely ghastly!

(and in each case she later made it up to me, oh, so wonderfully!)

I've had the car crash one thrown at me a few times. Very annoying!

I've had the car crash one thrown at me a few times. Very annoying!

Apart from the car accidents that apparently litter Maidstone, my "favourite" is the menigitis guy.

His poor nephew has caught menigitis 3 times to my knowledge and he has had to rush to hospital to be with his brother and nephew. He has also done that twice to my friend. That kid must be the unluckiest kid alive, surely a walking miracle. When are Channel 4 going to do the documentary?

p.s I normally ignore "saved" timewasters, but I always answer his calls to see what he is going to come up with.

I've never had any inventive excuses...lots of 'forgotten' bookings and cars breaking down (yawn)

One guy booked for a saturday then asked for a warm up cam show friday night which he duly paid for then failed to turn up on saturday saying I'd worn him out on cam the night before!!! He still books cam so it can't have been that on seeing me he decided I was hideous (can it????)

My wife has gone into labour, not sure it was genuine or not. The most common I'd say was been called into work.

Unfortunately the poor bugger who is telling the truth dosen't get believed.

Could not afford all the 'extras' - I walked - with difficulty I must add - she was stunning .....

Unfortunately the poor bugger who is telling the truth dosen't get believed.

Anyone that has the courtesy to ring and cancel is not considered a timewaster. So no, the poor bugger is considered to be telling the truth the first time. When they ring again and cancel again with the same excuse.......

Anyone that is called into work within 10mins of the original call has clearly lost their nerve/found a cheaper lady/has not got the cash/just wanted a wank after hearing a woman's voice.

I had once (and this is the truth). 'I'm sorry lovely but I've been landed with granny sitting duties this morning'. Was very temted to tell him to bring her along and sit her in the living with room with a cup of cocoa but thought better of it.

Despite the fact that I was missing a much awaited first meeting with a lady I have wanted to see for ages, I was almost proud last year to be able to truthfully use the previously unthinkable "I can't get there because a volcano has erupted" excuse. Alas I suspect I am not unique in this though.

Edited by Northwinds

Anyone that has the courtesy to ring and cancel is not considered a timewaster. So no, the poor bugger is considered to be telling the truth the first time. When they ring again and cancel again with the same excuse.......

Anyone that is called into work within 10mins of the original call has clearly lost their nerve/found a cheaper lady/has not got the cash/just wanted a wank after hearing a woman's voice.

I find it amazing how many chaps get called into work whilst on their way to an appointment, in one case it was just 10 minutes away after a long journey. I don't mind if someone says they changed their mind, that something put them off etc. I'd rather know, also gives chance to change things in future(I know I can be a bit serious on the phone for example).

I was supposed to be taking a very beautiful lady to my company's Christmas party.

The thing is, I had suffered a stroke only days before and was in hospital for a few days before I got home and was able to contact her.

Still to this date I don't think she believes me, but on the plus side, we did meet again after that and I am looking forward to seeing her again soon.

Point taken Pandora,thats nice to know.