Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
degdilemma

Please Recommend A Gum Clinic Near Moorgate (london)

5 posts in this topic

Hi all

I need to visit a GUM clinic, it'll be my first time and as you might imagine I'm pretty nervous about it. I thought it'd be easier if I go from my workplace so not as to arouse any suspicion at home. It's easy enough for me to slip out of work for a couple of hours.

Without going into too much detail I haven't got any obvious signs of the more common STIs and have only ever had OWO (i.e. sex with condom) from WGs. I am concerned because I've had pain in my penis for a couple of weeks now and there are red scars/marks on my glans (though I can't find anything like them on the 'net). No other symptoms. I'm hoping it's not an STI but I want to clear that up with a private clinic before I approach my GP (yes I'm scared it could be the C word even though the chances of that are low).

I know there are a lot of GUM clinics but I'm keen to visit one that some of you have already been to and can recommend. Are there any near Moorgate (or city of London in general) that you would recommend?

Would the clinic examine my privates if I asked them too?

And how much might a private clinic cost?

Thanks for your help

Deg

Edited by degdilemma

My guess is that at any clinic there some very agreeable doctors and there could be some less agreeable ones (i've not met one so far), and as you cannot pick which one you see, one clinic is probably much the same as another. As for the privates, they will want to take a small swab as well as look at them. Overall, it's no worse an experience than visiting a supermarket at a really busy time; nice when it's over. Just be careful if you tell them that that you regularly give it up the bum to girls from Africa without protection :o

Maybe the Lloyd Clinic at Guy's Hospital, London Bridge, is nearest.

Why go private ? What's wrong with an NHS GUM Clinic? They are all confidential and won't pass your details back to your GP but in case you don't believe that, they are happy to accept a false name. There is a list here

If you do want private and in Moorgate, there is always City Doc. Never used them though. The prices look outrageous (circa £300) considering it is free on the NHS.

Not been to any GUMs in Central London, so no personal rec from me, Sorry. My local GUM Clinic is excellent. I expect most are.

Edited by Northwinds

You will find a Sexual health page on my site which gives you lots of information on GUM's as well as a link to search for your nearest clinic.

I have always used the NHS clinic and feel I am in safe hands. I see no reason why you would prefer to visit a private clinic but it's your choice at the end of the day

Good luck with the screening