Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SashaB

Abuse Of Process In Guildford Feb 4th

34 posts in this topic

Just for those who wanted an update, the Abuse of Process case for Cloud 9 is going ahead tomorrow, Friday Feb 4th at Guildford Crown Court. I know a few people had shown interest in coming and its an open court so the more the merrier, that said I understand its short notice.

We still dont have a specific time for court and only found out for sure today the case was definately going ahead as we thought it might get delayed however we are listed for the morning, meaning its likely to be a 9.30 start for court opening session at 10am.

Fingers crossed for a good outcome but even if not will be fun watching the old bill squirm under questioning :-D

Good luck Sasha.

Good luck indeed! Alas, it is luck that you need - justice is far away, I fear.

Hope things go your way Sasha and good luck with it.

(hugs)

Holly

x

You deserve much better treatment than you have received so far.

Best of luck.

Thank you everyone. Its going to be an uphill battle and I will be preparing for the worst while praying for the best.

I have learnt a lot over the last year or so and have come to understand that there is justice and the law and the two dont necesarily coincide, thats certainly the way it feels with our case. You live and learn so to speak and I have certainly learnt some tough life lessons if nothing else.

Well I wasnt expecting that. We have been bumped to the afternoon. We are now in court at 2pm sharp, have to say thats a better time and takes the pressure off a bit

Good luck Sasha. This must be really stressful for you.

Suspended sentence and a massive fine NEXT.

Obviously rubbing the wrong backs x

All fingers crossed for you.

If you are lucky, the judge might be a punter, or even an ex-client.

If you are lucky, the judge might be a punter, or even an ex-client.

I very much doubt it.

The judge is Her Honour Judge Matthews QC.

I also doubt that she moonlights at one of the MK establishments...but who knows !!!

I very much doubt it.

I also doubt that she moonlights at one of the MK establishments...but who knows !!!

Obviously a transexual. I am not sure if it is better to have a male or female presiding over this one. I am thinking of HH clones.

I very much doubt it.

If there is a man involved in the operation I'll upgrade to a six month sentence (most likely Pentonville)

I have no idea how you have managed to stay so positive through all this, Sasha. All the best for tomorrow.

Obviously a transexual. I am not sure if it is better to have a male or female presiding over this one. I am thinking of HH clones.

That is a very sexist comment. I know a female judge who is very adament that sex work should be decriminalised, and the quicker the better.

Edited by elrond

That is a very sexist comment.

You're probably right, but if I were ever up in court for brothel-keeping, as a male, I'd hope for a male judge and a predominantly female jury, and I'd retain a frumpy middle-aged female barrister to act for me.

Good luck Sasha. Here's hoping for justice.

Thanks again everyone. As for staying posative, there is little option than to look for the bright side. It has become progressively more real over the last few weeks and Im not expecting to get much sleep tonight but there isnt an exit door to hand so will just have to go through it and pray that tomorrow will bring an end to the proceedings.

Heres hoping

Best of luck Sasha-- hopefully it will work out and you will be able to put it behind you.

Hope it goes as well as it can. I do detect that a more rational approach to what we do is peering round the corner now and then, at least from some people. Let's hope that yr case is another little victory. Chin up and remember to breath!!

Grey

I very much doubt it.

Quite new as a Judge, appointed November 2010. Three recent mentions in the news, clearly no fool she is not taken in by obvious BS of some suspects, the second gives a hint of a potentially sympathetic attitude to the situation your were in.

"Judge Matthews said: "His life has been ruined. You have caused that by your stupid, mindless violence."

Judge Matthews said: "In eight weeks you progressed from sexual assault to rape - it represents a significant escalation". The Judge went on: "These offences were planned. Both women were targeted. I am satisfied that you travelled to Staines to commit these offences".

Judge Susan Matthews said the defendant’s trial had proved that he could be ‘manipulative’. “It begs the question whether they are aware of the background and whether I am being presented with genuine mitigation,” she said.

Edited by WykeTyke

Just to add my voice to the chorus of good lucks Sasha, I hope all goes well.

Good luck Sasha

You sought the protection of the law and it turned on you. Shameful!

A bit late (understatement) to suggest it now, but have you acquainted Private Eye with the details? They will often take up abuses of power of this sort.

Daffon