Guest Lessingham

A Golden Age Of Punters?

10 posts in this topic

Spent last night looking online for a punt in London. I eventually went to bed with a headache. There were thousands of women and hundreds of agencies. The influx of Eastern Europeans has had the same effect on prices as they have in the rest of the economy. The result seems to be a golden age for the punter.

As the headache subsided I got to wondering if the opposite is true. We hear that punting is now mainstream and never been so popular. Has there been an improvement in the quality as well as quantity of punters? Or are we the same old same ohs who creep out of the dark, pays and creep back out into the night again?

It's a golden age when the man reminiscing had a cock that worked. Yes, technology, but for some people it'll be always that lady who was in that walk up in Soho in 1972.

Edited by sexymaylondon

It's a golden age when the man reminiscing had a cock that worked.

:rolleyes: how true!

I haven't noticed any drop in prices since I started about 2 years ago or so. Where do you find these cheap, gorgeous women?

Have to agree with the variety being huge, I had no idea how big the industry was till I started.

I haven't noticed any drop in prices since I started about 2 years ago or so.

In referring to a "Golden Age" I presume the OP is looking at a bigger timescale than the last couple of years, i.e. comparing now to before the influx of EE girls that occurred in the last decade.

Spent last night looking online for a punt in London. I eventually went to bed with a headache. There were thousands of women and hundreds of agencies. The influx of Eastern Europeans has had the same effect on prices as they have in the rest of the economy. The result seems to be a golden age for the punter.

As the headache subsided I got to wondering if the opposite is true. We hear that punting is now mainstream and never been so popular. Has there been an improvement in the quality as well as quantity of punters? Or are we the same old same ohs who creep out of the dark, pays and creep back out into the night again?

Well I have only been a hobbyist for some 6 months, but I never crept out of the dark, paid, then crept back into the night as you put it. I personally dont see anything wrong with punting if you are not putting a relationship at risk or harming anyone in the process, and I am sure there are many who feel the same. So perhaps times have changed for the better in some ways in more recent years and more 'mainstream' types have taken to this exciting past-time :)

I think those of us on the forums perhaps feel that our world has lost it's old seedyness because to us it is very open and the memberships show us that our little world has a very large population, it seems mainstream but it isnt. I think to those who have never encountered us we are probably seen as just as seedy as back in soho in 1972.

First time I arrived here in late 80's, £60 got you 15mins, now the norm is 1 hour, and BBBJ included. I'd say 2011 is a golden age.

OK, let's start by being positive: having punted since the mid-80s, it does seem to me that the choice available is more abundant and varied, and the overall standard of service higher, than ever before. Which is wonderful, simply wonderful. Equally, as a previous poster on this thread has remarked, the element of seediness seems to me to be rather less, and that's probably no bad thing either (unless that happens to be what you're into, of course).

Plus, for that matter, we now have forums like Punternet, where punters and WGs alike can exchange a massive amount of useful information, and that's a massive step forward for all concerned. Certainly we didn't have that back in the 80s and 90s.

But "Golden Age"?

I personally find it hard to apply that description to a time when the likes of Harman, Bindel et al can successfully bring in legislation specifically designed to attack the sex trade by intimidating the punter, can mostly go unchallenged when they put forward the loopy argument that they're actually helping WGs by doing so, and can seriously argue in favour of even more draconian legislation that would automatically criminalise every punter. Meanwhile it remains illegal for WGs to work together in the same premises for their own safety and convenience, and we continue to see arrests and prosecutions under this deeply stupid law. When I consider these aspects of our "Golden Age", I sometimes find myself nostalgic for the days when the term "Swedish Model" was something you'd see on a card in a phone box, accompanied by a photo that most definitely was NOT the lady you'd end up seeing if you called the number.

Still, having said all that, and gloom and doom aside, I do agree that there seems to be more choice than ever before (in London at least - can't speak for the rest of the country) and yes, there are some truly amazing ladies around. Not quite sure I'd call it a golden age... but all told, hey, there's a great deal to be grateful for.

Edited by Beauregard

In almost all aspects punting has vastly improved in quality since i had my first punt in the 80s in my experience. Services on offer are much expanded and attitude and enthusiasm are much improved generally. To at least some of the masses that dont punt i daresay we are viewed as disgusting perverts, this view wont change anytime soon in my view. As a country we still have a closed view of sex and prefer sweeping it under the carpet. I often think to myself that its great i punt and what experiences and memories it has given me. ;)

As i have posted previously this is the golden age for punters in my view