Jonnybgood

Terms Of Endearment.

56 posts in this topic

Have you heard or seen a word addressed to you that has either made you cringe or gone weak at the knees.

The reason I ask is, I saw a girl earlier this week who kept repeating the word baby, 'Fuck me baby', 'Oh yes baby', etc, and it made me cringe because Im no baby and it sounded so false. The girl herself was very pretty with a great body and a very sexy Spanish accent, the sex was great. Just the only dampener was, 'baby'. The other word I dont like is one sent by text or email and thats, Hunni or Hunny, that really grates.

Words that make me go weak at the knees are ones I cant understand, you are having sex and the girls groans are getting louder and louder and more regular, she then arches her back and gets more enthusiastic and cries something out in her own language, those are the words that get me, mind you they could be the biggest insult you would never want to hear. 'Come on you big old ugly c***, hurry up and come and f*** off'.

you don't punt with girls that speak English then?

I hate being called 'love' and 'dear' as I find both intensely patronising - although in some parts of the country it's more local idiom and not meant in a patronising way at all!

I use 'hun' quite a lot I'm afraid!

Loath the words babe, babes, and hun. Bleurgh :angry:

you don't punt with girls that speak English then?

I hate being called 'love' and 'dear' as I find both intensely patronising - although in some parts of the country it's more local idiom and not meant in a patronising way at all!

I use 'hun' quite a lot I'm afraid!

I think Ive only punted with one English girl, Im not avoiding English, sorry I should say British girls, its just that in London and the surrounding area the overwhelming choice is foriegn.

I hate smileys and LOL, LMAO etc. I mean are you really 'laughing out load' or do are you sending me 'lots of love' whilst 'laughing my arse off'. I seriously doubt any of the above. I know this is txt spk but still annoying.

As for words in N'pton they say 'm'duck' as a term of endearment which I could never understand but, are ducks really something you should be referring someone to ?

I hate any women using the word chick be it in text or spoken. I just find it really cringy for some reason. I also hate huni or hun but that is just me. I over use the word darling and sweetie but I hope only with family and friends although I do sometimes find myself saying it on the phone to clients that are shy or nervous for some reason. I guess most of us don't even realise we are doing it.

We used to have a girl that shouted fuck me you bitch and C*** at the top of her spanish voice so I guess you were lucky with babe.

a gentleman from wales that i know often calls me "carrot". I find it cute precisely because i also find it rather odd :) i've not known lots of welsh people so i don't even know if it's a welsh thing or just a him thing.

i don't much like "babe" or "baby", but i don't feel massively strongly i just prefer words that don't infantilise me where possible. my major turn-off is being called "darling" - not that there's anything wrong with this word, it's just that this is what my dad always used to call my mum and i don't like to be reminded of him AT ALL.

i find this a kinda tricky area myself (nobody could possibly know about my darling thing, for example, and i've no idea what meanings different words have for different clients themselves) so i tend not to use any such words with clients, just stick to their name, at least in person.

And yes, I agree with all those who hate txt spk! grrr...

Darling !

Only one man gets away with calling me that, from anyone else is sounds so condescending

a gentleman from wales that i know often calls me "carrot". I find it cute precisely because i also find it rather odd :) i've not known lots of welsh people so i don't even know if it's a welsh thing or just a him thing.

Are you sure he doesn't call you 'cariad', the Welsh for 'darling'?

I don't like the word 'hun'. I am not part of Attila's gang!

Dont' like Hun, Hon or Honey.....Honey is bee sh*t.

Not quite what the OP asked for but I used to giggle and cringe at the same time when the receptionist used the terms "tanned and toned" and " very accomodating" the former meant you were between the sizes of 6-12 and you are orange (early spray on and self tanning days) and the former meant that you were a dirty bitch cos you offered most services even back then...yes...even alevel haha.x

I hate them all.

Up here in the north east it is common to call someone "pet" and whether it comes

from a man or woman I don't like it.

I think my most hated ones are

babe

hun

huni

darlin

sweetie

I never use any of these with men.

Oh... just remembered.... some time back a scottish gentleman had been to see me and

later he texted me with some thanks and he called me "pal"

:o

Women , can't say two words to them ;-)

/ runs and hides . . . . . .

Haha after this thread I think I'll try to use hun less, it's obviously not popular! I use it a lot when I'm doing camming to soften the blow when I say no to something "no I can't take clothes requests hun, I'd be changing every 5 minutes hehe".

I really hate love (from clients/strangers/aquaintances, it's fine from friends, family and my husband of course), to me that word should not be thrown around casually at all. I blacklisted a client for addressing me as 'my love' because that is something my husband says and no one else gets to address me that way - harsh maybe, but it would have felt very wrong to see him after that. I really don't like 'babe' or 'baby', I am 20 years old and not an infant thank you.

I did have a client who used to call me "Honey". I knew from the way he was so very old school, of the non mobile/non internet age that he meant it as the correctly spelled term and not 'hunni'. It was very nice.

I love the Northern England term, '6 whilst 10', meaning from 6 to 10.

Where does this come from and wher is it most commonly used?

I hate them all.

Up here in the north east it is common to call someone "pet" and whether it comes

babe

hun

huni

darlin

sweetie

I never use any of the above with clients.

Babe-Because my sister always calls her husband "babe" and its annoys me a lot for some unknown reason.

Hun/Honney/Huni- don't like that either. However Natasha who post on this forum use "honi" a lot towards the guys and the girls, and it does come across somehow very sweet and sincere. I like when people refer to me by those words, which is a bit of paradox, because I never would use it myself.

Darling- I tend to use this word sometimes either on the forum or in the email, when its clear message, that I dislike the person, who I am referring by such.

Sweetie- just not in my vocabulary, don't know why.

I quite like "My Duck", maybe because I am live/working in the area where it used a lot (Derbyshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire). Still: I only hear it from the very nice older lady in the charity shop, or from my postman, or old regular todgers with lovely sleepy mongrels on the lead in the local pub.

In Russia we have very popular loving referral pet name "moya ribka", which is translated "my little fish", which does not make any sense in translation, but then neither does "my duck" (without tranlation), and it should not make any sense, lol

In Russia we tend to change a little the original name. For example HairyMary who replied above in this thread, will be changed (The name Mary that is) to Marunchik, Maryshenka, Marynchik, Marunka, Marynenka,...and so on and on depending, even "Bloody ...ell, Mary! ;-)

Edited by Xenia

I hate them all.

babe

hun

huni

darlin

sweetie

Oh... just remembered.... some time back a scottish gentleman had been to see me and

later he texted me with some thanks and he called me "pal"

:o

What about bonny lass?

What about bonny lass?

hmmmmm......

no thanks

;)

Another one I don't like nor would ever use is Mate

Another one I don't like nor would ever use is Mate

I remember our old friend "Interested" once taking great offence when another poster addressed him "Dude". Interested inferred that if the said poster ever used that expression in a London night club he'd end up having his face rearranged or words to that effect

Going back the OP, Ive no objection whatever to being addressed as "sexy" by a WG or even "Honeybunch" as one of my favourites once called me. While the various versions of "Honey" clearly annoy some people I wouldn't expect Natasha to address me as anything else but "Honi" which, as Xenia said earlier, sounds sweet and sincere coming from her.

I did have a client who used to call me "Honey". I knew from the way he was so very old school, of the non mobile/non internet age that he meant it as the correctly spelled term and not 'hunni'. It was very nice.

Funnily enough I quite like "honey" but I don't like "hun"