Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thoroughbred

Compensation For Missed Booking?

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I had a bit of a disaster 'booking' earlier this week and have managed to piss off two of my favourite providers in one hit :(

I booked a two girl session and due to unforseen circumstances, subsequent to me confirming I was unable to make the time, in fact I was unable even to make contact until the actual start time of the booking.

I definitely think some 'compensation' is in order.

Was wondering from the SP's pov what would be reasonable and if any of the guys have been in this position before and what they did.

Thanks

I once had to cancel a booking with only a couple of hours notice, and felt it was only right to offer her the full fee.

She declined my offer, which says a great deal about the lady in question (sadly - for us - no longer on the scene).

Hi all,

I had a bit of a disaster 'booking' earlier this week and have managed to piss off two of my favourite providers in one hit :(

I booked a two girl session and due to unforseen circumstances, subsequent to me confirming I was unable to make the time, in fact I was unable even to make contact until the actual start time of the booking.

I definitely think some 'compensation' is in order.

Was wondering from the SP's pov what would be reasonable and if any of the guys have been in this position before and what they did.

Thanks

Maybe half the fee? I don't know, but one thing I would like to say is, that you are a really nice person for even caring what they think or feel. Many wouldn't.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Holly

x

Nothing. This happens all the time and as SPD's they should incorporate into their business as a natural loss. Not being harsh and your generosity should be commended but believe me you'd be in a minority of 0.5% of clients who actually paid for not showing up.

If they're indies then perhaps you're right, if they're agencies girls then the company will be more than used to it. You've apologised so leave it at that.

This one is entirely up to you. I once had someone come round and pay me for wasted time, but that was because he had been nervous about the whole thing. Ummed and Ahhed from confirmation to past time of the booking, and I stupidly hung around.

This is different though. What I would advise is trying not to do it in future, but if you already have a good rapport, and have made several appointments successfully in the past then they will understand. It's when you are a newish client, and it happens 2 or 3 times in a row that the girls will probably strike you off or ask for a deposit. No not that kind!

Offering to pay in full Vin DaLoo that is generous indeed!

I'm being a bit selfish in that I would like to see them again, perhaps not right away, or else I might find out more about that ball busting.

As far as I know they are both Indy.

There's also a slight history in that one of the girls let me down in the past but gave me half price on next booking, which I thought was reasonable. Perhaps paying for double time nto is equivilent.

Edited by Thoroughbred

Offering to pay in full Vin DaLoo that is generous indeed!

Well, bearing in mind that she may well have turned other clients away as she had a booking with me, and it was money that I could afford, I felt it only right.

Well, bearing in mind that she may well have turned other clients away as she had a booking with me, and it was money that I could afford, I felt it only right.

This thread is well timed as only last week I had an appointment with a client I have known a few years.

His last booking in December was all fixed up but he cancelled due to family problems ( which I know all about

as he is very honest and open with me ).

I was disappointed but put it down to the nature of the job. Last week when he arrived he told me that he felt so guilty

and put in my hand my normal fee and half the missed one.

I told him... truthfully.... that I would NEVER ask for missed booking fees or even cancellation fees ( I think they are

ridiculous to be honest ) but he insisted and well... a lady can only protest so much <_<

On a couple of occasions I've had bookings cancelled at pretty much the last minute, one by a girl who I had had a few appointments with. I wasn't offered compensation so short answer is no.

ooher that is a new one ............but given I have a 1 hr confirmation rule giving me the chance to accept another booking the the original one is not confirmed I do not seem to have a prob.

ooher that is a new one ............but given I have a 1 hr confirmation rule giving me the chance to accept another booking the the original one is not confirmed I do not seem to have a prob.

The OP says he did confirm and wasn't able to cancel until the actual time of the booking. I suppose it's the same as someone confirming at your 1 hour rule then still not being able to make it.

It happens, would they pay your travel costs if they had to cancel last minute..no!

your better off making a donation to charity if u are unable to sleep at night

On a couple of occasions I've had bookings cancelled at pretty much the last minute, one by a girl who I had had a few appointments with. I wasn't offered compensation so short answer is no.

Just because you was not offered any form of compensation from WG (either extra time, or discount) does not mean it should not be offered from the client, when situation reversed. Also, when booking cancelled in the last minute, you only lost time and petrol money. WGs might lost the fee of the whole booking,(as well as payment to already arranged babysitter, time she took off her "normal civvy" job" to attend meeting, etc.), if otherwise she could arrange it with somebody else. In the case with Thourebred: its not just one WG, two girls lost the the money, which otherwise they could earn.

If I was the client, I never would reimburse the whole charges, but I think the 30% of the previous agreed booking fee, next time he will see them should be more then fair. Most likely they not going to accept this extra money anyway, but at least he should offer. (if only to stay in theirs "good books" ;-)

Edited by Xenia

Between 30% and 50% was the sort of range I had in mind. I suspect it will be accepted tho ;)