Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wyounger

Prostitution As Religious Observance

12 posts in this topic

A remark on another thread about Abacus (Edinburgh) has reminded me of an experience when it was plain Dundas Street Sauna, under a previous management. I noticed this lady sitting a bit apart from the others, and went to the room with her. I was no sooner undressed than she insisted on giving an incantation, saying that in her religion giving herself to a man was her religious duty, and in return I had to make a holy libation. I thought at first she was asking for money up front, but she meant a donation of spunk, and I was happy to obligehttp://punternet.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif. In those days I was able to do this and then go on to shag, but that was then!

I did see her again, and the sex was better maybe because I had got the idea, but I don't think she lasted long after that and nobody admitted to remembering her when I asked (and I have now forgotten her name). I guess either the other girls or the customers thought she was a bit odd, which of course was true.

I see Tantric Sex reported in English places, if Tantric is a religion. Is religion a good justification for sex--I don't follow any religion myself.

I assume she was Indian or at least belonging to the Devadasi cult a branch of Hinduism. It was outlawed in 1988. Zen Buddhism and Tantra are the only religions that made any sense to me. Yes Tantra does does a good job of combining spirit and body in sexual ecstasy unlike nearly all other religions Christianity being one of the worst for causing a spirit/mind/body schism and convincing people that sex is disgusting. I do like the Chinese for assuming that pussy juice is good for you though :D and of course temple virgins have been used in many past civilisations to raise money for the church

Edited by Lighttouch

No, Not Indian. White, local up market Scottish accent. Perhaps a little hippyish.

Before Christianity there were a number of pagan religions where the priestesses believed that making love to their parishioners was a duty as it took their parishioners nearer to heaven; I sentiment with which I fully concur.

all and well and good but why are these ladies charging men for it if it's part of their religion to give it away? not trying to be rude or anything i just truly am confused...

In ancient Babylon every woman was expected once in her life to sit outside the temple and give herself to the first strange man who threw a coin in her lap.

In ancient Babylon every woman was expected once in her life to sit outside the temple and give herself to the first strange man who threw a coin in her lap.

I have coins. Where is Babylon?

No wonder Iraq has been f**ked by the Americans.

It's a tragedy that these wonderful old customs have been allowed to fall into disuse