smiths

Travelling To A Punt.

19 posts in this topic

Guys, how far have you travelled for a punt excluding being in the area on business anyway?

How far would you travel to see a WG you rate?

Ladies, do you often see punters who tell you they have travelled long distances to see you?

I did London to Manchester and back a few times, which is a round trip of about 425 miles by road. I'm sure there are others out there though that will make me look like a lightweight.

Old proverb Pussy will draw you further than gunpowder will blow you !!!

Old proverb Pussy will draw you further than gunpowder will blow you !!!

:) Great, love it. You could add "Pussy can leave you in smaller pieces too".

I travel all over England, so in that sense I am pretty nomadic. But I wondered, whether potential punters have a view as to the hotel where they meet (assuming it is not the local Switchblade Arms!).

:) Great, love it. You could add "Pussy can leave you in smaller pieces too".

I travel with my job so I go all over the UK. If i fancy punting when at home i tend to travel around 20miles max each way as there is plenty of choice where i live.

Used to do a fair bit of punting combined with work travel so never used to have to go too far. I travel much less now so my trips have been getting longer.

Furthest I've travelled has been about a 200 mile round trip. I did have a trip planned in December that was over a 400 mile round trip but had to cancel because of the snow.

300 miles. When I am in the zone ,all logic goes out the window !:o

300 miles. When I am in the zone ,all logic goes out the window !:o

I know what you mean but sometimes one has to travel a bit further afield, especially if you have, shall we say, more speciality tastes!

Firstly, Hi smiths, nice to see you back and hope you are well (I'm only back briefly myself)

I have a fixation with travelling to a punt as it makes it into an adventure. I liken it to football supporters who will travel from up north to London regularly (often to see their team get beaten too!). My last 2 punts were 120 miles each way, although they were 4 hour parties.

I have done the 200 miles to London a fair few times. It's great sitting on the train looking at the other people preparing for business meetings whilst I have a great session lined up, and then relaxing on the way back whilst others are making business calls the whole journey.

I don't have work or family commitments so I have the time to make it into a whole day out.

Living in a punting desert of suffolk where quality punts are as rare as rocking horse manure, I normaly travel a good 2 hrs to bedford & mk as punts are quality with a good choice of great ladies :D

Edited by Baron Von Klinkerhofen

Firstly, Hi smiths, nice to see you back and hope you are well (I'm only back briefly myself)

I have a fixation with travelling to a punt as it makes it into an adventure. I liken it to football supporters who will travel from up north to London regularly (often to see their team get beaten too!). My last 2 punts were 120 miles each way, although they were 4 hour parties.

I have done the 200 miles to London a fair few times. It's great sitting on the train looking at the other people preparing for business meetings whilst I have a great session lined up, and then relaxing on the way back whilst others are making business calls the whole journey.

I don't have work or family commitments so I have the time to make it into a whole day out.

Cheers quitetallman i am well. :) I take my hat off to those that travel long distances to punt. I was at a party and a guy had come from Texas just to punt at the party and have a 121 and was going back the day after. I met him again at the same place a few months later and he was over for a couple of weeks of punting. Met many others who regularly travel from Scotland to London just to punt.

Living in MK its pretty easy to say that up to now I have travelled a maximimum of 5 miles to punt.

I am currently saving some pennies for petrol and I may well have enough to get as far as 10 miles by the end of the year !:)

That way I will be able to drive home too, instead of leaving it parked up outside the parlour :lol:

I live in North Devon and it's a minimum of a 100 mile round trip for me to find something other than sheep. With the cost of petrol going up and up the sheep are beginning to look a more and more attractive option. :o

I travelled about 370 miles to a punt today, and the lady was worth it. Had the best hour of my life.

Before I have travelled about 100 miles and the lady has cancelled at the last moment, leaving me frantically looking for a replacement with my smart-phone. I only travel for 150 p/h agency punts now, independents are too flaky for me. They dont understand the inconvenience caused to a punter whos just spent 30 quid in petrol and drove 2 hours just to be told sorry, I am overbooked.

The most so far is a 250 mile round trip, but if work doesn't send me to the right place, I can see a 400 mile round trip happening before the end of the summer, and I do quite often do a 100 mile round trip. I've never had the problem of an Indie cancelling once I had set off.

The most so far is a 250 mile round trip, but if work doesn't send me to the right place, I can see a 400 mile round trip happening before the end of the summer, and I do quite often do a 100 mile round trip. I've never had the problem of an Indie cancelling once I had set off.

That happened to me :o

Fortunately I had only made a short detour, but it was a shock when I received her text. To be fair she did offer to give me a discount on any future appointment which was a nice gesture imo.

Same as the Vicar i have had an Indie cancelling and on one occassion i was on my way to hers when she rings me to say she had run out of Cocaine and could i bring some to her. I explained i wasnt into drugs and the penny drops at her end, she has called me rather than her dealer or whoever. I went elsewhere and informed a few other punters.