Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smiths

Posting Times.

5 posts in this topic

I am noticing that the times posters have posted on various threads that is on the right hand side of the page is often not matching the time they actually posted. For example on the "All in the Eyes" thread it said just before i posted this that the poster "Hairymary" had posted at 21.30pm, if i go to her actual post it says 18.11pm. Anyone have the same thing happen? It also means threads are climbing up the page without any new posters posting on them. Its been occuring on many threads. I have noticed it with some of my own posts as well.

Edited by smiths

Classic example again with "Hairymary101". It now says 21.54pm on the right hand side yet still 18.11pm on the thread and this thread jumped to the top of the page as though she had posted at 21.54pm.

I think this may occur on threads where there is a poll.

If someone votes in a poll on a thread after the most recent post on that thread has been posted, then the system shows that thread as having had recent activity, even if no new posts have been made. This is what causes the timing anomaly as one of the "readings" is showing the time of the most recent vote, not the time of the last post in the thread.

I think this may occur on threads where there is a poll.

If someone votes in a poll on a thread after the most recent post on that thread has been posted, then the system shows that thread as having had recent activity, even if no new posts have been made. This is what causes the timing anomaly as one of the "readings" is showing the time of the most recent vote, not the time of the last post in the thread.

Thanks for that Vicar. I see what you mean. :)

I've raised it on this thread: (nobody replied).

Because of this setting, I never would vote on the pole which gone down the board (as I don't want to bring old thread on the top, just because I voted). I would not reply to the poll thread either, as I don't want my name appear as the last contribution on the thread (and sometimes for months), but appear to be recent, only because somebody else put vote in the thread.

I did suggested Galahad to change settings, (as it was on the old board), but he obviously thinks there is no need for it. He is right. Not a biggie, but slightly annoying and time wasting. (to open the thread, thinking that there are new responses were posted, but it was not, merely just somebody submitted vote)

Edited by Xenia