JKay

Think Before You Post

20 posts in this topic

Please make sure that the lady you are writing about on PN is happy to appear in this forum, it takes time and effort to find and delete individual posts and may result in a whole thread being removed.

Please make sure that the lady you are writing about on PN is happy to appear in this forum, it takes time and effort to find and delete individual posts and may result in a whole thread being removed.

Spot on.

Can I add, try and make the topic title appropriate and the second line so that we have more of an idea what the post is about?

Spot on.

Can I add, try and make the topic title appropriate and the second line so that we have more of an idea what the post is about?

Not every lady is happy to be talked about in this forum.

So Jkay maybe you can tell me, why is the time and effort also taken to delete a post about a lady who is happy to appear on this forum ?

Are you suggesting we get permission from the lady concerned before we discuss her on here?

Are you suggesting we get permission from the lady concerned before we discuss her on here?

Yes - I'm confused too. I doubt very much that many of the people discussed on this list have given permission to be so discussed.

I think I may have been the recent transgressor (I now seem to have a "warned" status) which prompted this thread - as a result of a post I made which has now been deleted. However, neither the person I named nor the venue are on the "no discussion" list.

If you need permission to post, why have a "no discussion" list?

TBM

Rules are changing all the time on this thread

If someone is advertising in public domain she should be fair game to discuss or what is the point of having a sensual massage forum

If said lady then states she does not want to be discussed publicly then add to no discussion list and we don't discuss her and she don't join in the discussions either.

I do however think that if a punter has seen a lady on no discussion list he should be able to add his name next to hers and offer to discuss by pm, or if someone wants info on no discussion list he starts a thread and requests a pm with info from a fellow member that way it is not being discussed publicly. In addition that member can thank forum member for info so other members can pm him.

My barrister's trousers were at the dry cleaners so I missed out on the entertaining legal discussion that was generated by the other threads related to this topic but now...[puts them on].

...If someone is advertising in public domain she should be fair game to discuss or what is the point of having a sensual massage forum

Spot on. Our erstwhile moderator, The Vicar, provides a useful definition of the otherwise too general to be of any use maxim "Think Before You Post" in the Board Rules:

Before disclosing information about services provided, please be sure that the provider is happy for this information to be in the public domain.

Above all, we do not want the "outing" of providers who desire discretion/privacy.

I interpret this as saying if the lady is quite obviously a sensual masseuse then there should be no problem discussing her but even then, think about whether she wants what you are about to disclose to be in the "public realm". Taking a completely hypothetical situation, one masseuse may be happy and indeed encourage talk about her sweet-tasting poon whereas another would prefer that information to be kept under wraps. In other words, judgement is called for on a case-by-case basis.

In the case of providers asking to be removed from discussion, we do that as a courtesy to them, on the basis that they are a professional outfit, and that the ladies deserve to have their request for privacy respected.

If there is evidence that they are asking to be removed from discussion in order to conceal bad service, or are operating scams etc. then that may change. In such an instance, the best approach for a poster wanting to disclose such info would be to PM a mod first, giving some background info/evidence to support their case.

I'm sure the other frustrated lawyers out there will find this interesting. The ladies are put on the NDL as a courtesy and only if they are professional and deserve it and not through fear of prosecution. And of course, not all of them do deserve it, particularly if they are using this anonymity to "conceal a bad service" or indeed have photos of themselves dressed in lingerie freely accessible on the internet.

To me the most interesting question and what we should be most concerned about (and what no one has yet commented on) is why is the NDL growing so long? When the sub-forum first started, the NDL consisted of less than handful of names, with a mixture of excessive touting and provider requests being the reasons. Now look at it. It's more than trebled in size and 90%+ are at the "Providers Request". Why is this happening? I think the main reasons are that these providers don't want the possibility of anything negative written about them. In other words, they are afraid of objective analysis. Of the London ones, the only one that IMO has a legitimate concern because it falls well and truly into the category of "a professional outfit" (in the way we normally use that phrase) is Serene Spa.

I can understand why people are getting vexed about masseuses posting while being on the NDL but I think this issue is a bit of a red herring simply because so few of them actually fall into this category. There are many, many masseuses who walk among us, albeit silently, and are happy to take the rough with the smooth...so to speak. To be fair to those two however, they don't object to being discussed per se - just not on the main board. I think Jim has provided some sensible suggestions regarding how to discuss the undiscussables. For my part, although it's a bit more laborious, I would use the increased functionality of the new forum to start a private conversation with the 100 people most likely to know the answer B)

Edited by Mr Slurpy

I'm sure the other frustrated lawyers out there will find this interesting. The ladies are put on the NDL as a courtesy and only if they are professional and deserve it and not through fear of prosecution. And of course, not all of them do deserve it, particularly if they are using this anonymity to "conceal a bad service" or indeed have photos of themselves dressed in lingerie freely accessible on the internet.

To me the most interesting question and what we should be most concerned about (and what no one has yet commented on) is why is the NDL growing so long?

It would be far too cynical to suggest that the reason could be because their name is on a sticky at the top of the page?

To be fair to those two however, they don't object to being discussed per se - just not on the main board. I think Jim has provided some sensible suggestions regarding how to discuss the undiscussables. For my part, although it's a bit more laborious, I would use the increased functionality of the new forum to start a private conversation with the 100 people most likely to know the answer B)

Maybe I was picking on those 2 a little too much mainly because Im still annoyed one of them went for the jugular of another lady on this forum because they shared a similar name at the time - So that she could be the one.

However though how can you discuss the no discussion people if you don't know who has seen them to start a pm conversation.

To be fair to those two however, they don't object to being discussed per se - just not on the main board. I think Jim has provided some sensible suggestions regarding how to discuss the undiscussables. For my part, although it's a bit more laborious, I would use the increased functionality of the new forum to start a private conversation with the 100 people most likely to know the answer B)

Good post, but why not discuss them on the main board? These two are quite prolific posters and one of them, we must all remember, was only too happy to discuss another therapist to such an extent that she got that other therapist banned from the board. Sauce for the goose is good for the er... goose?

I think we must remember the name this site: Punternet. The clue is in the title. The purpose of this board is to exchange information and if some of the providers are not happy with that information and as long as that information is factually correct and legal (not racist, sexist, abusive etc) well then... tough. Maybe they should improve their service or perhaps not scam the punters with over-inflated claims and the use of stolen images from the net? (You may very well think that I am referring to certain providers on the NDL, but I couldn't possibly comment.)

There are honourable exceptions, of course. Therapists who work in a wholly legitimate environment who may discretely offer a little extra are a good case in point - they are at risk of losing their jobs. Or therapists who in a mad moment offered something somewhat more than usual and the gentleman concerned was not a gentleman and reported it on the board so that very Tom, Dick and Punter might expect the same level of service - a level of service that she would not normally offer - is also a good case. However, if a therapist advertises a specific service, we should be free to comment, praise or criticise. And although the Vicar advises:"... the ladies deserve to have their request for privacy respected..." they have forgone their right to privacy by placing their service in the public domain through advertising such service.

There are a group of providers, each with their own website, advertising a similar service (although some of them go a little beyond the remit of this board) and although they appear to be independent of each other, the similarity of service and the style and presentation of their websites suggest that they are in some way linked. They have had their request to go on the NDL granted. I am at an utter, utter loss as to understand why.

Here's a suggestion: What if when the Mods receive a request from a provider to be placed on the NDL, that they publish this fact and the reasons for this request? This would give readers the opportunity to object and give their reasons for so doing. The Mods could then take a view. Perhaps a few scammers and providers of poor service might remain in full view and punters would be better informed. It won't happen, of course.

I don't think I've been on the Sensual Massage page before today, how come there is a NDL for that page but not the ordinary one?

That would seem fair. I always ask a lady, before I write a report, and give her proof read first, if possible.

How would you like it if we discussed you here ,without your permission.

Edited by sciros

that is interesting. what is the point of punternet then if it isn't to discuss punting and service providers. anyone putting themselves in public domain is up for discussion without notice and warning.

having ur fr proof read by the lady? that does sound like a joke but somehow it isnt funny. why dont u get her to write it and just submit it.

that is interesting. what is the point of punternet then if it isn't to discuss punting and service providers. anyone putting themselves in public domain is up for discussion without notice and warning.

having ur fr proof read by the lady? that does sound like a joke but somehow it isnt funny. why dont u get her to write it and just submit it.

Can't see a problem with it, myself, I have done this myself. Once, I altered the 'facts', i.e. a wrong telephone number, others I have stuck to my original text, others, at a request of the lady, altered, thus I didn't 'feed my 9 inches into her', I fed my '8 inches into her'. In my dreams....

why not just tell the truth leaving out any details that she does not advertise. if you have conflict of interest then dont write anything.

I would submit it for the woman to proof read it first, it's never been anything too extreme, for instance I once mentioned what a lady wore when we went out for the evening on an overnighter. She asked me to remove that bit so as to be able to maximise the use of her wardrobe and making it look like she had worn something escpecially for the client.

WG's proof reading FR's?

Doesn't seem right to me.

WG's proof reading FR's?

Doesn't seem right to me.

Nor me. Fwiw

Nor me. Fwiw

I have never submitted an FR for the lady to proof read before submission. That negates the opportunity to leave a negative FR.