Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Irgendeiner

Member Of Scottish Parliament Runs Off At Mouth

7 posts in this topic

Please, if you have a mo' read this : http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/crime-courts/fury-as-tory-msp-asks-was-rape-victim-a-prostitute-1.1084922

Then have a mug of coffee.

Then, please, write a civil e-mail to bill.aitken.msp@scottish.parliament.uk explaining that even the swiftest apology doesn't stop him having said what he said (always assuming that he has been correctly quoted) which he presumably meant.

Somehow he needs to be made to understand that all women (and since HH's crazy legislation, all people) irrespective of their professions, have an absolute right not to be raped. He didn't say it, but I read him as suggesting that for a "hooker" rape is an occupational hazzard.

I don't stay in Aitken's constituency (if he has one?) or region, so I can't give my (one!) vote to another party, alas.

The audacity of his attitude is breathtaking.

I'm sharpening my claws as we post.

Yeah he got a polite email from me yesterdaty.

Act 1, Scene 3!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-12523144

Well, apparently, he doesn't need to worry about getting my, or anyone else's, vote in May!

I had a civil and sensible reply from him to my e-mail, suggesting that he'd been unwise to put himself in the position that selective quoting could make him seem to value sex workers less than other people, which he asserted was not the case. He also said that he knew ScotPep and valued the good work that they do.

Whether he is guilty as charged, slightly guilty, or even (unlikely for any politician) innocent, I think he has served to keep the issue in the public eye, and may have encouraged some people to think!