Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KarlheinzBonkhausen

Soho Cottage - To Let?

14 posts in this topic

I walked past the Soho Cottage premises this weekend on Old Compton Street and noticed a big 'To Let' sign next to their window. Another relocation on the cards? Anyone know more?

Interesting to see if they survive another relocation - it was probably the final move that killed off Les Girls. The "To Let" sign may not refer to them of course, as there is at least one other flat (non-working) above them isn't there? Any information gratefully received, although it's a matter of idle curiosity for me, as I stopped going there some time ago - better service at the same or lower prices is easy to find these days.

I've a feeling the sign does apply to SC because it's right by their window. Whether they do a Les Girls or not depends on where they relocate to, if indeed relocation is on the cards. I'd be really sad to see them go - Lucy, Sam and Alex are my fav girls and that Soho location is very convenient for me. But all good things must come to an end at some point, I guess.

Management buyout by members of this forum?

I walked past the Soho Cottage premises this weekend on Old Compton Street and noticed a big 'To Let' sign next to their window. Another relocation on the cards? Anyone know more?

Would be interested in the agent details if anyone walking by could note them and send me a PM.

I ought to stress that I don't know if the SC building is being let, I'm just guessing. Perhaps I ought to go see Lucy today and find out more!

Management buyout by members of this forum?

Wouldn't be a wise buy - I guess they're struggling in the present climate, with better service/value so easy to find.

I ought to stress that I don't know if the SC building is being let, I'm just guessing. Perhaps I ought to go see Lucy today and find out more!

Well? Did you?

Well? Did you?

Yes I did. The good news - it's one of other flats that's for sale. Bad news - next week is Lucy's last!

Yes I did. The good news - it's one of other flats that's for sale. Bad news - next week is Lucy's last!

You may call it bad news, but I am very pleased to hear it - she has been wanting to leave the industry for a long time. Did she say what she intends to do? She always wanted to start her own business. I wish her luck - she's "retired" before, but I hope this time it works for her.

Seems the story may have been true after all, as Soho Cottage's website states

'We will be closed until further notice and will announce here on the website in time for our reopening in the same vicinity.'

Seems the story may have been true after all, as Soho Cottage's website states

'We will be closed until further notice and will announce here on the website in time for our reopening in the same vicinity.'

That doesn't sound hopeful, does it? I've felt for quite a while that they must have been struggling, particularly in the current economic climate. They simply didn't move with the times, and were obviously having difficulty maintaining a regular rota of consistent girls. There have been very few FRs on them in over 2 years, which indicates how much they have fallen of the radar.

I'm sorry in some ways if this is the end of an era - Soho Cottage was once, with Les Girls, at the top of the scale. Now it seems that the Cottage has followed LG into closure, because better service at the same, or lower, prices is easy to find.

Seriously - why would you book the Cottage when you could go to HOD or LMP, both of which charge less?

Agree and if they do return think they need to think about their no OWO policy, it must really limit their potential client base.

Agree and if they do return think they need to think about their no OWO policy, it must really limit their potential client base.

Well, you say that. But equally they may feel that they would prefer to prioritize the health of their staff and clients, and that they would rather be out of business than run the risk of passing on STIs through offering unprotected practices.