Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
loveplenty

Italian Help/info

9 posts in this topic

Hi

Would like some help or advice to punting in Italy in general. I am going to Rome and Florence on Business in a few weeks time and have looked on various sites and agencies. From what I can work out alot of the girls seem to use fake pictures or the prices seem to good to be true. Price is not such an issue can pay up to 300 per hour for the right girl. Not really interested in parlours etc. If anybody as any info would be greatly appreciated or could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

I got a tip for you, once you get to Roma look up a fella called Berlusconi. :P

Just a warning, as I know both these cities well, that in particular the street scene in Rome is extremely dangerous. If you are lucky, you will get ripped off and lose some money. It could be much worse.

Only use reputable agencies and preferably a recommended one (friend or hotel concierge). If anything happens to you the police will do nothing except roll their eyes and laugh at you.

Silvio Berlusconi would be able to give you some leads but his type of girlie is likely to be way out of your budget!

I can't give you any contacts as when I've been to those cities I've always been with someone and thus unable to indulge in this particular hobby. By the way Rome is a horrible, dirty, noisy, overcrowded city, Firenze is better in every way.

. By the way Rome is a horrible, dirty, noisy, overcrowded city, Firenze is better in every way.

Utter tripe..................Rome is what you want it to be, not recycled bias that you've just spouted!

Utter tripe..................Rome is what you want it to be, not recycled bias that you've just spouted!

Not, it's not tripe, it's my opinion. You don't have to agree but no need to be so dismissive. It's a decaying crumbling polluted city with potholed roads and broken pavements, inadequate infrastructure and poor services. It also has some of the world's most historic and beautiful buildings, but a pity they've been allowed to crumble and decay.

I forgot to mention one of the very worst things about Italy, and Rome in particular. It is overrun by illegal immigrants from Africa, many of whom beg, hawk and hook aggressively. There are also pickpockets and scam artists at most of the transport hubs, particularly at Milano Centrale and Roma Termini railway stations. Be particularly careful of innocent looking small children and women with children. Trust me, many of them are anything but innocent.

As far as the Africans are concerned, it's going to get a lot worse in a very short time as the latest wave of 'asylum seekers' from Tunisia work their way onto mainland Italy. The only good news is that thanks to the Schengen open borders agreement, they won't all be staying there, many are expected to be heading for France and Belgium.

The best thing about Rome is the Frecciarossa highspeed train which gets you north pretty fast.

Nonsense. Rome is wonderful, if you live in the centre.

If you don't it's dreadful

Rome is an original, 2000 plus year old city, got a good bus/metro service for getting around, wonderful sites, great atmosphere, great restaurants if you know where to look.

All major cities have a problem with immigrants, whether legal or not, crowded and as a major tourist city, people treat it as such and maybe don't treat it with the respect it deserves.

2nd to none.

I forgot to mention one of the very worst things about Italy, and Rome in particular...

The best thing about Rome is the Frecciarossa highspeed train which gets you north pretty fast.

Come on, what happened in Rome then? Tell Uncle Monkeyballs all about it... :)