mike52

Polls, Do You Think These Are Pointless?

Do you think these are pointless   27 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think polls are pointless, why would you want to know others preferences, your own are sure what matters to you?

• Most of them?
    • All of them
    • No they're so educational

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

34 posts in this topic

Personally I see no point in finding out how many men have tasted their own cum, if you're into it you are, if you're not you're not. If you like girls from a cetain ethnic background what interest is it of yours what others prefer, same with eyes open or closed during sex?

Well, personally I feel the whole subject of human sexuality to be an endlessly fascinating, often bizarre, often hilarious, often downright distasteful, often beautiful and infinitely surprising and highly nuanced thing.

If you think discussions on such matters, whether serious or frivolous, are pointless then perhaps you should ask yourself the question what are doing joining a forum where such topics, including polls, will be a frequent occurrence ?

Personally I see no point in finding out how many men have tasted their own cum, if you're into it you are, if you're not you're not. If you like girls from a cetain ethnic background what interest is it of yours what others prefer, same with eyes open or closed during sex?

I've finally adjusted to Galahad's new software and find most aspects of it improvements on the old but the ease with which any fool can now set-up yet another mindless poll or launch a similarly mindless thread on the boards is turning the PunterNet UK Forum into a mere shadow of its former self. Although HH managed to spread the fame of www.punternet.com (one of the few positive things she has done since entering public life), its new popularity has drawn in a flood of new posters eager to make themselves known and to get to know others here. Many of them have made welcome contributions but quite a few should be kept after school and/or caned by the head mistress. The upshot has been a hemorrhaging of many of the more interesting board members (and trustworthy FR posters) and a major change in the tone of the boards. G killed off the initial forum because it had become a 'killing field', will he have to kill off this one because he inadvertently infringed the copyright of PlaySkool? :rolleyes: Edited by Tiggy 7

I think curiosity kicks in when theres a poll you cant help but look. There will be some people that like them and some that dont its all harmless really.

Shelly

Well, personally I feel the whole subject of human sexuality to be an endlessly fascinating, often bizarre, often hilarious, often downright distasteful, often beautiful and infinitely surprising and highly nuanced thing.

If you think discussions on such matters, whether serious or frivolous, are pointless then perhaps you should ask yourself the question what are doing joining a forum where such topics, including polls, will be a frequent occurrence ?

Agreed.

How accurate these polls are and how well the questions are worded is another matter.....

The people of Zimbabwe, Kenya, and Iran would probably agree that polls are pointless, as the results were pre-determined.

As for polls on this forum, 65% of people would agree with you, 24% would disagree, 9% don't know, and 2% didn't understand the question.

The people of Zimbabwe, Kenya, and Iran would probably agree that polls are pointless, as the results were pre-determined.

As for polls on this forum, 65% of people would agree with you, 24% would disagree, 9% don't know, and 2% didn't understand the question.

Like it!

Could we have a poll on polls? Sorry.

will he have to kill off this one because he inadvertently infringed the copyright of PlaySkool? :rolleyes:

A very good point.

Like it!

Could we have a poll on polls? Sorry.

A Pollyp23 poll? Would this be just for Poles?

I am very nosey generally so like looking at peoples opinions on things, including their sexual tastes and thoughts.

I don't think that people are always honest with their answers though even though its anonymous. That's my thougjht just by looking at some of the responses

and heres me thinking we are talking about Pole dancers DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :o

Oh well I suppose polls could be useful when you want to know what people like.......actually i'm stopping there cos I aint got a clue what to say LOL OMG too much diet coke :D

I agree with Bill. I've been a member for over two years so not as long as many here. Whilst human sexuality is endlessly fascinating (to me), admittedly many of the threads are just retreads of previous ones and there are only so many topics one can cover.

I'm not sure what halcyon age the OP is referring to and what kind of threads were posted then that are obviously not posted today?

and heres me thinking we are talking about Pole dancers DERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :o

Oh well I suppose polls could be useful when you want to know what people like.......actually i'm stopping there cos I aint got a clue what to say LOL OMG too much diet coke :D

Then why not run a poll on soft drink preferences? I am sure that all our happy campers are dying to know what others are drinking, and whether they drink before or after coitus. So many burning issues waiting to be explored and revealed, to lighten otherwise dull and dreary lives!

(Like this one, Mike? Curmudgeons of the World, UNITE!)

Could this be a sign that the membership of this board are actually running out of 'Poling' ideas !

This has just got to be the ultimate pole: a Pole on Poles !! :lol:

I take my hat off to you Mike - its a truly unique idea.

BTW I will abstain from voting on this one and sit on the fence [or should I say pole - owch] :lol: :lol:

You are indeed correct in what you say for some of the Poles that have been started on here > in Particular that very distateful one about 'Tasting Your own Cum'.

However I do think that some of the more serious topics have benefited in someway by encouraging members to vote, as if nothing else it gets them stating their opinions which may be of some use to others who are looking for information. B)

in Particular that very distateful one about 'Tasting Your own Cum'

I have to agree here. It is a constant source of amazement to me that that thread is still live on the front page of this board after FOUR months :o ! Talk about the thread that will not die.

I agree with Bill. I've been a member for over two years so not as long as many here. Whilst human sexuality is endlessly fascinating (to me), admittedly many of the threads are just retreads of previous ones and there are only so many topics one can cover.

I'm not sure what halcyon age the OP is referring to and what kind of threads were posted then that are obviously not posted today?

This happens with all forums and groups.

The initial response might ne 'check the archives', but as new people join and other leave, is it really much of an effort to retype a reply? Besides, with time and other influences, the situation can change, slse we might as well close the forum once all the possible topics have been covered.

As it has been said before me, many of the threads are pointless, or at least pointless to me; so yes some of the polls are pretty pointless too, but then I am able to scan the subject matter and only open the topics that I am interested in and therefore the majority of the time enjoy the content and results. Surely you as an adult are able to self sensor what you read? Why complain about something that you have the choice over?

Personally I enjoy 'difference' and I don't assume that just because something is of no interest to me, that it is of no interest to someone else and accept that I am not going to be bowled over by everything discussed. I just scan down to the next topic and stop at the one I like the sound of and have often found those polls to be of interest; especially as the results tend to differ from what I might have imagined. I then sometimes wonder if that is a reflection on the type of person that uses this forum and take it with a pinch of salt, as we are never normal lol. I would say far more deviant!

but then I am able to scan the subject matter and only open the topics that I am interested in and therefore the majority of the time enjoy the content and results.

I just scan down to the next topic and stop at the one I like the sound of

Hence my comment on one of the threads about thinking about the thread title and the second line description, one could get more (or less) readers by making it attractive, one used to be able to hover over the post and see a description of the contents.

We are on the same page Bill

We are on the same page Bill

I am sure that Bill is reassured to find that he is on the same page with you, LS. Bill is on the same page with me when it comes to adoration of oriental (and particulary Thai) woman and I am as pleased as punch about that myself. :P

Bill, I ask myself many questions every day and most of them are reasonably good questions, if I do say so myself. Asking myself why I joined a punting forum ten years ago and still post on it, or its successor, would NOT be a very good question. Let's just say that I endure many of the supercilious topics that the new breed of sophomoric poster occasionally deposits on this board, including polls on eternal questions such as whether I have ever tasted my own cum, and try my best to resist countering with my own polls on such topics as 'what is the meaning of life', with eight optional responses. I know you have plenty of good sense, since you are an avowed oriental fancier, but asking why I don't go elsewhere for intellectual or even sensual entertainment is not a very good testimonial to that good sense. :) Edited by Tiggy 7

I started on the original board late 2001 / early 2002, there was not this endless lot of 'Idiot Wind' questioning, lots of wit and banter, some slagging off and insults, but not all this 4th form shit. i have the feeling that H H managed to direct a lot of kids here, shit it's half term too, it'll grow in numbers. What next, 'how many people have stuck a finger up their bum?'

I started on the original board late 2001 / early 2002, there was not this endless lot of 'Idiot Wind' questioning, lots of wit and banter, some slagging off and insults, but not all this 4th form shit. i have the feeling that H H managed to direct a lot of kids here, shit it's half term too, it'll grow in numbers. What next, 'how many people have stuck a finger up their bum?'

I have to agree here. It is a constant source of amazement to me that that thread is still live on the front page of this board after FOUR months :o ! Talk about the thread that will not die.

The thing is when a poster votes on a poll, that now has the same effect as posting on the thread, sending the thread back to the top of the page. So threads with polls can have a long shelf life. The Cum thread you mention had nearly a month without any posts between Jan and Feb. :)

Edited by smiths