Holly Maddison

Nynphomaniac.... Gutted

17 posts in this topic

Last night a client told me I was a first class nymphomaniac so this morning I googled it and this is what came up....

a woman who likes to have sex very often, especially with lots of different men"

"excessive sexual desire by a female"

"Morbid and uncontrollable sexual desire in women, constituting a true disease."

some dictionary definitions

Morbid!!!! Morbid!!! Where do they get off calling it Morbid? I think if your going to get a disease then its the best disease in the world to have. Morbid indeed!

I notice on the SPAB board a lot of girls describe themselves as Nympho's so there must be a lot of us morbid people about. :angry::unsure:

Have you met 'therodder'? He's going to love you.

It do'snt have quite the same ring to it though does it "sexy teenage morbid english rose, in lala land wed 35th" lol.xx

Last night a client told me I was a first class nymphomaniac so this morning I googled it and this is what came up....

a woman who likes to have sex very often, especially with lots of different men"

"Morbid and uncontrollable sexual desire in women, constituting a true disease."

Morbid!!!! Morbid!!! Where do they get off calling it Morbid? I think if your going to get a disease then its the best disease in the world to have. Morbid indeed!

I notice on the SPAB board a lot of girls describe themselves as Nympho's so there must be a lot of us morbid people about. :angry::unsure:

I've often thought the label "nympho" is usually used by men who are intimidated by a woman who has a greater sexual desire than them. I wonder at the origins of the word and wouldn't be surprised if it evolved from misogymistic roots. After all, "in olden days" weren't women supposed to 'lay back and think of England" whilst a man had his "wicked way" with them? If a man has "morbid and uncontrollable sexual desire," this is regarded as normal. Redefine and reclaim this language,girls! :D

I guess wgs profiles often use this word because they think this is what men wantto read. In truth, I think most of us would be pretty miffed if we couldn't keep up (literally and figuratively) with the demands of a lady who happens to have a greater sexual appetite than us. You see, we truely are all "mummy's little soldier" who wants it all our own way :P:D

The original, technical psychiatric sense of "nymphomaniac" was a woman whose interest in sex was unhealthy so that it interfered with her ability to live her life, someone whose relationship to sex was like an alcoholic's relationship to drink. Later, the word came to be used more loosely in a popular sense to mean a woman who was sexually proactive, who enjoyed sex, was adventurous in the bedroom and was unashamed to pursue men she found desirable. This was at a time when it was still commonly believed that sex was something women were meant to endure not enjoy, that women should be sexually passive, the man the pursuer, the penetrator, the master.

Hopefully, we now live in a more liberated society where the idea that sex is enjoyable to women too is no longer shocking. Really the word "nymphomaniac" should have fallen into disuse but there is still a residue of those old Victorian ideas that a woman should be basically passive and asexual and so when a man meets a woman who most definitely isn't he might call her a nymphomaniac. I'm sure it is meant as a compliment but it isn't a word I would use

Edited by DanLeno

Those dictionary definitions are rather formal and a bit dated in my opinion. Colloquially the semantics are more positive, sexually liberated, free of sexual inhibition.

There was a thread about this a couple of months ago.

I believe it's the same principle that applies to alcoholism: you're a nympho if you like sex more than your doctor does.

What is "SPAB board?" Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings???

What is "SPAB board?" Society for the Protection of Ancient Buildings???

Service Provider Announcement Board. Look at bottom of this page for link.

Yep, the Service Provider Announcement Board is normally the most appropriate place to do one’s advertising.... :rolleyes:

Yep, the Service Provider Announcement Board is normally the most appropriate place to do one’s advertising.... :rolleyes:

It was very much tongue in cheek Honey. If you take the time to check out my site you will see that I certainly am not a nympho, so take that spiteful tongue of yours somewhere else cause I'm sick of it.

Edited by Holly Maddison

As nymphomania is a terrible condition to suffer and the sufferer is rendered unable to make balanced decisions etc by their cravings. I would say that any WG with this illness should be avoided as paying a nympho for sex could only be seen as exploitation.

It was very much tongue in cheek Honey. If you take the time to check out my site you will see that I certainly am not a nympho, so take that spiteful tongue of yours somewhere else cause I'm sick of it.

Take any such remarks to PM please.

Holly, when a gent refers to you as a nympho, he is not insulting you. Quite the opposite in fact.

Many only know the word as 'someone who loves sex'.

Not sure why everyone is taking the word out of context.

p.s. Punternet has a very convenient block facility. ;)

My GF is a nympho and the really funny thing is she thought she was frigid and actually apologised about it very early on in our relationship. Anyone who can cum from having the back of her knee stroked is not frigid :D

And thanks for the laughs yet again while I am having breakfast! Behave you'all

As nymphomania is a terrible condition to suffer and the sufferer is rendered unable to make balanced decisions etc by their cravings. I would say that any WG with this illness should be avoided as paying a nympho for sex could only be seen as exploitation.

And Harriet Harman et al would probably try to ban it, except they're in opposition now. :D