chimpxp

How Dangerous Is Owo

31 posts in this topic

Just got back from a punt and this time I went for owo, which i don't usually. Now I'm worried i may have caught something.....I'm gonna go to my gum clinic to get checked out, but i was just wondering if anyone could help me evaluate the risk - I.e. Have any of you that tend to go for owo ever caught anything?

Just got back from a punt and this time I went for owo, which i don't usually. Now I'm worried i may have caught something.....I'm gonna go to my gum clinic to get checked out, but i was just wondering if anyone could help me evaluate the risk - I.e. Have any of you that tend to go for owo ever caught anything?

There is a thread on the Health and Safety board about OWO. In 28 years punting i have never caught anything and for years have been going to the GUM quartely. I never punt without DFK and OWO.

You can catch some STDs from oral - I was told this by a doctor at a GUM clinic. So whilst you probably haven't got anything, it's worth going to the clinic to get checked.

There's always a possible risk of something with OWO. Worth going to the GUM clinic anyway but give it at least 7-14 days before you go. I enjoy OWO and get checked out every 2 months, so far so good!

Edited by betaparticles

Had a punt on Thursday and the bit that holds my tongue to the bottom of my mouth is still very sore from too much stretching,licking,probing and generally misbehaving so I would say that RO offers even more perils than previously considered.

dick, You just need more practice . :D

dick, You just need more practice . :D

He's right you know !! :D

A hitherto unmentioned " danger " is that BBBJ's are addictive and can negatively affect your bank balance ! :P

well - i went to the GUM clinic yesterday and asked some questions. the guy was a bit alarmist i reckon. The message seemed to be the following re OWO.

HIV - more or less no chance

Syphilis - more or less no chance

Herpes - significant chance if they had a cold sore

Gonorrhea - significant chance but you'd know about it within a few days

Chlamydia - slight chance of getting it if she had it in her throat, also slight chance of getting it in your throat from RO.

The guy was also saying don't 100% trust condoms. There's a slim chance you can get STDs from protective sex if secretions somehow make it underneath e.g. when taking off the condom or if the condom doesn't fully cover the penis.....this is where i thought he was being a bit OTT

Edited by chimpxp

I have had an infection from OWO, as the lady concerned had a bit of cold. I never visit WG's with a cold any more.

I have had an infection from OWO, as the lady concerned had a bit of cold. I never visit WG's with a cold any more.

You can get NSU (NGU) from normal mouth bacteria.

True, and it's a good excuse to use with your partner. If she gives you OWO, that is.

Did she have bleeding gums or a cold sore, or was she new to the game?

Indie or Agency ?

Got my results back.... All clear. Might stick to ow from now on though

Got my results back.... All clear. Might stick to ow from now on though

Good to hear your clear. :)

Why would having a cold result in an STI?

Well, to me, one looks at what the acronym means: "Sexually Transmitted Infection" innit?

I get on the No 1 bus, and the bird beside me sneezes several times before I have the energy to go and find another seat. I catch her cold. I'm not sure how I'd categorise that.

But,

if the same bus had taken me into Easter Road, and I'd got off by the Synagogue1, and nipped up towards the football stadium, and popped into a well known establishment, where I invested in 30 minutes alone in a small cubicle with a young woman, who, when we were "close together" had sneezed, and I subsequently caught a cold, although I'd find that a lot easier to explain in my real life environment, surely, none-the-less it would have been a "sexually transmitted infection"?

1 Just spotted that! A bit unkind to the city's jewish community to call it Easter Road, but, that, I suppose, is life!

Well, to me, one looks at what the acronym means: "Sexually Transmitted Infection" innit?

I get on the No 1 bus, and the bird beside me sneezes several times before I have the energy to go and find another seat. I catch her cold. I'm not sure how I'd categorise that.

But,

if the same bus had taken me into Easter Road, and I'd got off by the Synagogue1, and nipped up towards the football stadium, and popped into a well known establishment, where I invested in 30 minutes alone in a small cubicle with a young woman, who, when we were "close together" had sneezed, and I subsequently caught a cold, although I'd find that a lot easier to explain in my real life environment, surely, none-the-less it would have been a "sexually transmitted infection"?

1 Just spotted that! A bit unkind to the city's jewish community to call it Easter Road, but, that, I suppose, is life!

Took me a while, but I get it now!

I guess a swollen penis, and pain when peeing means some form of infection "down there". The GUM clinic certainly said it was an infection and gave me some very powerful antibiotics to clear it up in 2/3 days.I assume I caught it from OWO with a lady with a cold. Therefore I would call it an STI though, clearly not in the normal(?) range one thinks of.

Hope this helps. BTW it was 3+ years ago. no repercussions or repeats.

I guess a swollen penis, and pain when peeing means some form of infection "down there". The GUM clinic certainly said it was an infection and gave me some very powerful antibiotics to clear it up in 2/3 days.I assume I caught it from OWO with a lady with a cold. Therefore I would call it an STI though, clearly not in the normal(?) range one thinks of.

I'm not sure the cold virus can result in an STI, will check with the GUM. Sounds to me as though whatever you 'got' was nothing to do with the cold, that was just coincidental. Also sounds as if the GUM weren't doing their job if they didn't give a name to it, or worked out how you caught it. This is how myths come about, I'll investigate since something doesn't sound right here.

Your GUM clinic kindly (or for the purposes of their statistics) decided not to diagnose your "little difficulty" as clap, but put it down as NSU (Non-Specific Urethritis). Whatever it was, seemingly, the anti-biotics (Tetracyclene?) were successful, but, like Strawberry, I'd be very surprised if a "cold" gave anyone NSU.

[Almost certainly among our number are several medical men - to me NSU is just about the same as a URI - quick and lazy diagnosis, sick-note-seven-days and that'll be thirty shillings please!]

[Almost certainly among our number are several medical men - to me NSU is just about the same as a URI - quick and lazy diagnosis, sick-note-seven-days and that'll be thirty shillings please!]

Had a punt on Thursday and the bit that holds my tongue to the bottom of my mouth is still very sore from too much stretching,licking,probing and generally misbehaving so I would say that RO offers even more perils than previously considered.

If you're stretching your tongue to the extent it causes discomfort afterwards - sorry, you're doing it wrong, or you are for me at least. (Do you get a sore tongue from licking an icecream??) Guys seem to think they have to probe and generally poke about - you're more likely to just be stimulating the uerethra if you do so...from what I've heard from guys who've been to the GU clinic, it is akin to having something probed down the end of your dick.

If you're stretching your tongue to the extent it causes discomfort afterwards - sorry, you're doing it wrong, or you are for me at least. (Do you get a sore tongue from licking an icecream??) Guys seem to think they have to probe and generally poke about - you're more likely to just be stimulating the uerethra if you do so...from what I've heard from guys who've been to the GU clinic, it is akin to having something probed down the end of your dick.

It has a lot to do with the angle of approach - if you have to tilt your head too much, you have to stretch the tongue just to reach the target, which is uncomfortable after a while. And it usually takes a lot longer than licking an ice cream.

It has a lot to do with the angle of approach - if you have to tilt your head too much, you have to stretch the tongue just to reach the target, which is uncomfortable after a while. And it usually takes a lot longer than licking an ice cream.

Length of time licking the icecream is immaterial - technique is the point. Most guys stretch their tongue whatever the angle of approach.

And it's warmer than an ice cream I bet!

And it's warmer than an ice cream I bet!

So flippant....do any of you actually care that if you're doing it wrong it usually means you're HURTING the woman concerned?