Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
elrond

This is on You Tube and is by a Swedish sex workers activist called Pye

11 posts in this topic

This is on You Tube and is by a Swedish sex workers activist called Pye. She talks about the Swedish law and its effects in Sweden. Independents who think the Swedish law will not affect them please watch this video.

This is on You Tube and is by a Swedish sex workers activist called Pye. She talks about the Swedish law and its effects in Sweden. Independents who think the Swedish law will not affect them please watch this video.

Very clear & lucid

Wonderful lady. clear common sense.

Independents who think the Swedish law will not affect them please watch this video.

Why is that?

1) Why "Swedish law" should affect independents in Uk?

2) Why proposed legislation in Uk (as it for today) should affect independents?

As far as I know in Sweden, its prohibited to pay for Sexual services:- which is not exactly the same as to the future proposed legislation in Uk.

I do agree with above responses though from Wanderlust and Foresight.

This is a very effective demolition of the law in Sweden and the problems it has created.

The real point is that this lady is well presented, articulate and intelligent. I'd give her a job tomorrow. The notion that she is a "victim" who needs to be "rescued" is patently absurd.

Why is that?

1) Why "Swedish law" should affect independents in Uk?

2) Why proposed legislation in Uk (as it for today) should affect independents?

As far as I know in Sweden, its prohibited to pay for Sexual services:- which is not exactly the same as to the future proposed legislation in Uk.

I do agree with above responses though from Wanderlust and Foresight.

1. Simply because the anti prostitution brigade will not rest until the Swedish law (or Nordic law) is implemented in the UK.

Some of the proposed Government legislation would have made it worse for independents working together and even on their own (and still). Do you use a flat, do you ever share use of the flat with others. Would a landlord rent a flat to you if they new what it was going to be used for. The new laws on brothels could effect independents by allowing authorities to close and seal a flat for 3 months on 'Suspicion' that coercive prostitution was occurring. The operative word is suspicion, not proof.

this is one of the ladies who met Vernon Coaker during one of his

fact finding trips

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4132&highlight=vernon+coaker

and she was also at the meeting at the House of Commons about 2 years ago

this is one of the ladies who met Vernon Coaker during one of his

fact finding trips

http://www.punternet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4132&highlight=vernon+coaker

and she was also at the meeting at the House of Commons about 2 years ago

Either he agreed with them and has changed his tune for political expediency since then, or he disagreed but was too cowardly to publicly engage with them at the time, or had no real opinions and didn't care. My money was on the latter.

My guess is that Coaker is another one of those greasy pole politicos who, devoid of all personal beliefs and principles, goes whichever the way the political wind blows, as long as it furthers his own career.

So he was sitting on the fence at the time and stayed there until such time as his Mistress Smith decided to go for it, and then he suddenly found his wings as a born-again prude.

1. Simply because the anti prostitution brigade will not rest until the Swedish law (or Nordic law) is implemented in the UK.

not only in the UK

New Danish government could end legal prostitution

although it doesn't say in that articel, my understanding is that some of those Danish leftist parties want to ban selling sex also