Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SashaB

Abuse Of Process Delayed Again!

8 posts in this topic

Well as the title suggests the Abuse Of Process due to be heard at Guildford Crown Court on Monday has been delayed.

The judge overseing the case has been held up on another trial and as of yet we dont know if it is likely to be Wednesday or Thursday next week that we will be delayed until. I will update you all on Monday when we will hopefully know more

Sasha x

Just came on to post a "Good Luck!!" message and saw this.

Let's hope they see reason and drop all charges.

This case stinks of "Frame".

Just came on to post a "Good Luck!!" message and saw this.

Let's hope they see reason and drop all charges.

This case stinks of "Frame".

Are not the continual delays an abuse of process itself?

I was once a prosecution witness at Manchesterr Crown Court, it was a fairly straightforward and obvious case of attempted theft of a van by fraud with another prosecution witness with plenty of evidence. Over a period of eighteen months I was called to attend the trial along with the other witness and the detective sergeant who was handling the case. Four times it was postponed after we spent all day at court. On the fifth appearance we waited all morning and were told it would actually happen after lunch. After lunch the DS came and told us that the prosecution had offered the defendent a reduced charge in return for him pleading guilty, he accepted and received a conditional discharge. The DS told us that if the defendent had refused to do the deal they would have just dropped the charges. I had spent most of a cold wet Winter's evening near Oldham finding the vehicle and then waiting for the police and our dealerships recovery vehicle, not getting home until 10.30PM. Would I do it again, I think not, the law is generally a waste of time. Get ready for lots of delays Sasha, good luck.

Thank you. With any luck its all going ahead today although there is already rumours of a delay with our propsed 10am start. We have already started our case so it would be highly unusual for it to get dropped now, I cant imagine the judge would be too impressed.

The sad fact is that with cases like ours there is finiancial motivation for them to proceed. It seems the way our law works now is heavily predjudice to making policing pay and if it doesnt they arent interested. They have spent a lot on our case and have the bit in thier teeth in hope of getting some back. A commom sense approach from the judge will be the best outcome x

Thank you. With any luck its all going ahead today although there is already rumours of a delay with our propsed 10am start. We have already started our case so it would be highly unusual for it to get dropped now, I cant imagine the judge would be too impressed.

The sad fact is that with cases like ours there is finiancial motivation for them to proceed. It seems the way our law works now is heavily predjudice to making policing pay and if it doesnt they arent interested. They have spent a lot on our case and have the bit in thier teeth in hope of getting some back. A commom sense approach from the judge will be the best outcome x

Disgraceful that this agony has gone on so long. With a bit of luck you will get a positive result. Best of luck !!

No news yet. Back in court tomorrow at 10.15am x

Thanks for the update - will keep fingers crossed for you.